Contest Model Progress

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seriously, I can see why noone wants to enter this contest.

A) Your poly limit is somewhere between 3,000-10,000 polies. 7000 polies between the highest and lowest polycount?! 3,000 is considered normal while 10,000 is significantly higher. How are you going to judge on that? I mean, person A might go for 3,000 polies and skin in any folding in the clothing. While the person B who goes for 10,000 polies can model them in and get it to look better in 3d. But his skinning sucks. Still, person B wins because his folds look better modeled, and the judges don't bother looking at the skinned folds.

B) What is more important, the way the model looks or if it also technically correct. Ie. proper deforming when animating, effective use of polies, etc.

C) A certain theme?

To be honest, if I could model, I wouldn't join either. I'd much rather join the Dominance War. Just for the sole reason that you actually know what to do, what is allowed to do, and what is not. It just that much better organised than this.
Personaly On contests you have judges who judge on the Concept itself, In the way how well it is done and the way the final pictures look alike. You cant say whats more important in contests. Its up to the judges.
As for the high difference polycount i agree. 10k is a nice possible polycount but still a no-go for beginners.

This forum used to boom a year ago or longer. Wonder why its gone? take a look around the threads a year ago. You will understand that there was no sense in posting anythin by getting stupid comments. Also this modeling section is pretty dead. Get on Cg forums to improve, yeh you are allowed to double post, because people may see one thing but wait for progress. Here they claim it as spam. Another reason.

Also the Contest cant start for several reasons:
- no interested persons
- no realistic specs
- No Prices or Use (Be it a price or a deal that your models gets used)
- lack of skilled people (lower guys cant get inspirated, skilled ones dont have someone to compete)
- thread is allready a no-go, to much nonesense talk.

several reason of the same thing. Good luck on progress.

Best answers
Bad angle :/ cant make out anything from this view. If your worried about someone ripping or cloaning your work. Then PM me with some wireframe shots (yes I am a modeler and no, I have no intentions of cloaning your work. Search for my posts on the forum to see my work for proof)
As right now I cant help anymore due to the angles, Sorry :/

Glode

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welp for insecure reasons!(contest) ~ i cant do that !!

But i can do this =]

Added slight definition in the chest and abs.

Edit*

LOL a friend just helped me with the polygon counter in 3dsmax and it turns out.. the counter was counting my model AND the other copies of my mode's arm/shoulder/plane etc.. that i was usin as backups incase i messed up.

I now changed my counter to count polies in my "Selection". Here is the REAL count of my model.

Polies: 544
Tries: 1,090
verts: 551
Do what I do, have several files each with diferent stages of the models.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Some progress

*Cheers* to progress I think is hould twewak the eyez more tho, when I add more detail to the head then i can go down and make some kneck muscles =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom