CONNECTION ERROR ON STEAM????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

Best answers
I just tried going onto steam but it won't connect it comes up with a window saying:

COULD NOT CONNECT TO THE STEAM NETWORK

it appears that you are not currently connected to the internet, or that your INternet connection is not configured correctly for steam.

Either check your connection and click 'retry' or start steam in offline mode.

But i don't think the problem lies with my internet connection because if so? how am i posting here right now? :\ if this helps i recently downloaded HAMACHI yesterday to play with a friend and if that's my problem please help.. lol. thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try restarting steam

also, chances are it's hamachi, it kind of creates a second internet and maybe steam detected that.

Best answers
it's created some sort of lan connection and keeps on saying it's un plugged but i started up hamachi and it still comes up with the same thing

Best answers
ah an error, when i tried to un install it it came up with another window :\ Uninstall encountered an problem that prevents it from completing the removal of hamachi. the application will now exit. Omg lol... Now when i try to run esf or steam it comes up with the following window: Steam updating - 0% complete, Updating steam platform, how long will this take to update? and now it says Unable to connect to steam network please try later? what does this mean?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Take a hammer and severly beat your computer! I'm sure it will detect it!

Try asking on their forums. Or you can try uninstalling hamachi again.

Best answers
oh my god it won't un install i CAN NEVER PLAY ESF AGAIN! :( i don't think there is any way to fix this is there? :(

Best answers
I use Hamachi frequently and have had no problems with Steam. Perhaps something else is causing your problem.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try deleting clientregistry.blob in your steam folder. After that launch steam and it should update itself. If that doesn't work then reinstall steam or steam, hl and mods.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
My dad's steam (he plays CS) used to do exactly that. Check If your firewall is blocking access to the internet. Otherwise |Overlord|'s post should work aswell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KILL AND ANNIHILATE EVERYTHING INCLUDING HAMACHI AND STEAM! Then reinstall Steam. Then install Half Life. Then install ESF. Then it will work.

Best answers
I agree with Raeku:
I am having similar problems currently with my Zone Alarm.

In order to stay connected, or even connect, I am having to reduce all security to zill. It sucks. But it is working as a quick fix, but obviously there are configuration settings that I am still working out, I think the same ~might~ apply to you.

Best answers
Hamachi creates a virtual LAN (Over the internet. Isn't that ironic?), but shouldn't conflict with Steam in any way, shape, or form.

Best answers
Change your internet connection. I had the same problem , it worked after i changed to another ISP . Some ISPs don't work with steam.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Punishing said:
Change your internet connection. I had the same problem , it worked after i changed to another ISP . Some ISPs don't work with steam.
Total bs lol.
=->Goku<-= said:
I agree with Raeku:
I am having similar problems currently with my Zone Alarm.

In order to stay connected, or even connect, I am having to reduce all security to zill. It sucks. But it is working as a quick fix, but obviously there are configuration settings that I am still working out, I think the same ~might~ apply to you.
You just have to give steam/hl access permissions on Zonealaram.

Best answers
thx |Overlord|, I'll check to see if i forgot that, i have a working solution, with many searches pointing to the fact that my dial-up uses a "heartbeat" ping to see if i am still connected, and that might be part of my problem.

I'll let you know if your suggestion works, again thanks.

Best answers
Ive had this before and what i did was got rid of my like spyware and anti virus stuff adn got this thing called etrust adn it lets things in and out of your computer. so whatever.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Total bs lol.
Actually, some ISP's don't like steam at all. Go check the Steam forums, you see previous ISP problems there with Steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom