Connecting through LAN TO play ESF!!!!!

Best answers
I am behind a LAN and I have an IP address here and it gets changed through a router before I go into the internet. I asked the school admin to try to fix it and he told me that because I do not have a direct connection to the internet I cannot connect. The admin that I talked to calls it an "Intranet". Sooooo basically when I tell the console of ESF to connect to a server it sends a different IP address then what I want it to be. I do know the IP address that the router gives me, but I need that IP address to be the one recived by the server that I am connecting too. How can I make ESF use the router's IP address? Please help......

P.S. If you know another reason why it may not be working please tell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh ... you should be able to connect through routers to esf games in internet ... if you're able to surf, you're able to play
just download the all seeing eye and try to connect
if it doesn't work, your router may have an firewall ... then you've to configure it and link the ports 27005 - 27015 to your IP adress ...
if your router is a newer one, open internet explorer open http://[LAN IP of your router]/ (mostly this) ... if noone changed nick and pass it should be:
nick: admin
pass: 1234
if you did this you even should be able to host a HL server (if you don't change the port)

if there's anything else, contact me anyhow ... I hope I could help you

Best answers
ummm what is the "all seeing eye"?????

quote "just download the all seeing eye and try to connect"

When I am in my console and I try to connect it says that my server is 27015 and my client is 27005. the IP address that I have inside the LAN is 10.37.4.1 and the one the router gives me is 207.157.194.178

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The all seeing eye is a gr8 program which can show you
all the lan games of almost all games , I think so..
you need to choose Half Life and then you can pick the ESF mod in it

I guess that what he meant is that through the ALL
SEEING EYE you may be able to connect to the game

unlike the regular way

Best answers
umm still need someone to tell me where I can ge the "all seeing eye" this is really confusing. Also, how can someone tell me the console commands or how I can bring them up to see what hey are. I think all I need to do is change the IP address that my computer sends to the game I am trying to connect to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom