Community Project: Operation Tien

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could go around asking animators if they would like to help finish up the little bit of work that's left instead of giving up ;]

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does it requires only animation? or code also?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As far as I am aware, Just animations. The ESF-team will get him coded in. I think.. Don't quote me on that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It requires models, animations, sprites and sounds.

The code will be done by the team.

BTW i thought this project died again.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, this project should live, its not that hard to do that...i mean...i don´t know how to animate, but i thinks i can get some sound attacks. I dont get it, there are people that make models in a matter of days and code them by them selfes (like B.L.). I will try to talk to some people, but I must meet them first loool. are the files able to be downloaded and worked on?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, its disappointing it died again.

Out of curiosity, who has all the stuff currently completed? I'm assuming Ravendust?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah all the animators have thier own animations, and me and some other dudes have the final version of the texture. meh.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm kind of disappointed that the project just died. I sure hope that it will be revived, because I was looking forward for this.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why the hell was it that hard to make this model? I've seen far more complex models that were finished and released by one person.

And yes, i'm in a posting rage. Since i finally got my password back :) .

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why the hell was it that hard to make this model? I've seen far more complex models that were finished and released by one person.

And yes, i'm in a posting rage. Since i finally got my password back :) .
Usually those people are very experienced at modelling and can do more than modelling, like Texturing, Animating. Also, you have to realize that this model isn't for show-off. This was probably going to be implemented into 1.3.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i made a handfull of animations, then the public release of it came with a different skeleton =/, twas a bit of a buzzkill else i wouldve continued working on it.

i dont even have the software to do it anymore, so im exempt from any bashing =P.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Usually those people are very experienced at modelling and can do more than modelling, like Texturing, Animating. Also, you have to realize that this model isn't for show-off. This was probably going to be implemented into 1.3.
It doesn't matter that it was for 1.3 or not, animating isn't hard at all to do, just takes a lot of time. You don't need to be a pro to release a fully skinned and animated model....
Also you're saying that the ones involved in making this model togeter don't have enough experience?

Anyway, this seems to be getting into a arguement, and i rather stop it :) .
Love and Peace!!!!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I want to know is if people do animate Tien themselves, will Darktooth be satisfied and end up animating the model himself?

I mean if you are guys are redoing some mysterious new melee/beam system, it's kind of hard to animate something towards a system you can't see.

Best answers
Darktooth has plenty to do already. If we're not satisfied with the animation Tien won't be in. Beam animations are not gonna change, walk, die, etc animations are not gonna change. You'll have to link them up with the sounds (and provide the sounds) though.

I started this challenge to silence everyone who wanted the community to participate on esf development. My hunch was that that would go nowhere. I guess I was right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yup. This was just one model.. And some fans keep ****ting entire Total conversions for taking so long.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PLEAASSEEE, someone with plenty of time, finish this project pleaaaaaaaase

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Darktooth has plenty to do already. If we're not satisfied with the animation Tien won't be in. Beam animations are not gonna change, walk, die, etc animations are not gonna change. You'll have to link them up with the sounds (and provide the sounds) though.

I started this challenge to silence everyone who wanted the community to participate on esf development. My hunch was that that would go nowhere. I guess I was right.
Someone gonna teach me how to Qc that ****, or did we just magically learn it when DT did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom