Combining beams and the new melee.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My new idea is that you can combine new beams and the new melee. I know what your thinking, i mean, wtf? But just listen, my idea is lets say you swoop to someone, and you get into a advanced melee fights. If your on offence, you have to click all the different attacks (down, right, left, etc), and they have to defend. You have to pick whether its strong/med/weak, well, the idea is instead of clicking arrows, you click the keyboard number 2, since this is the default button to open up the ki balls. you wouldnt need to press any arrows, just the number 2. On the screen it would come up as a blue circle. If you land a weak blue circle it would be a ki ball, and you can dodge it, if you charge a medium it will be a bigger ball attack, similar to what esf 1.2 has as the secondary generic beam. And if you you do a strong attack, you could do a weaker version of a generic attack. This would create a explosion and if you land a strong attack then person will be pushed back. In order to block these attacks, it would be the same thing. If you see a blue circle on the screen, you just press 2 and it would be dodged. You can incorperate these into combos too in later versions. Like for trunks, if you remember, he used a combo against frieza with a generic beam. It could be:

4 weak attacks: up, down, left, right
and then a strong beam: #2

Hope ya like :]

Best answers
I think it's a cool idea. I'd personally rather see the power-up key be used for this, since it's a tad closer, though.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I would rather see KI attacks used as finishing moves. Like a combo. You would press a certain key combination, and if done correctly, yoru character would do a series of punches and kicks, then kick the person back, and fire a generic beam or kamehameha (if this was goku.)

Best answers
this idea will get beams to be more popular, and it will be overally very very very cool! and then there will be even more combo's, which will make the real diffreance between skilled and not-skilled people.
7/5 in magmus(i know what im talking about).

Best answers
Yes, more combos=more skill
Harder combos=cooler combos
This idea=a lot of potential

Best answers
well, it was obvious some1 would suggest that sooner a later. better sooner than l8er i guess. but yeah, sure its a good idea. i just wonder...will the team consider on making a patch for that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
one problem i see, it does have to be a correct combo, i dont want it to be the way DMZ is, not that i dont appreciate their work, just i dont like how they made their way of shooting beams.
in other words, it should be a difficult combo. otherwise they can just spam it and have instant kills all the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its like the combos now.. You have the up down right left then the beam (#2, or powerup as someone said). :]

Right now in 1.2, beams arent used as much cause of the new melee, and I think they need somthing to bring some beams back in :)

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Actually what I was thinking, was unique finishing combos for each character. For instance. You're playing as vegeta, and you do the combo.... I don't know, left, left, right, up, up, diagonal down/left, right. If done correct, and enough hits land, he'll do the combo of let's say 8 flurry punches, one medium kick, then a heavy hitter that knocks the guy back, then he does a small but powerful Big Bang Attack as the finisher.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
unique characters combos and special melee attacks are planned for later releases

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ah. Super coolness. :D Can't wait to see what they cook up for each character. :)

Best answers
i think for vegeta it would be better for it to be like his renzoku...

I do something similar as my stratigy. i do my combo, end in a strong knock back attack then i throw a weak generic ball, beam, or just a simple ki blast. As kool as it is, you can easily do this now...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not my suggestion though, my suggestion is to actually use beams after the prepunch and when your selecting an atttack directiona and trenght. You can atcually select a ki blast, pick its strenght and use it in battle, and it would work the same as a punch.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i think it´s a good idea. they do it often in the sereis . they just blast someone away with a beam or a energy ball when they are close.
it´s hard to finish soeone with a greneric ball attack when you thrwo them at a wall since they recover pretty fast it would eb nice for finishing
i

Best answers
i know i'm kinda late in this topic <.< but man i just love throwing those people <.< and u get someone to power up an attack u throw someone and bam they hit into it,

earlier i was playing against some friends got goku doing spirit bomb right before he threw it i threw someone into it <.<; and boom looove that sight

Best answers
yeah i noticed i posted in the wrong area <.<; but yeah i like the beam into melee but then it wouldn't really be melee, it would still be nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom