change the melee please?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll say it again--you want combos, go play Mortal Kombat. This is a computer game. I don't see any need ot make it at all more complex than it is. Why would it be better with a dumb combo system? Cause it'll look cooler? ****, they can just animate that stuff...and I bet melee struggling will have the animated flash fighting in it anyways...have you ever played a DBZ mod where they used combos? It's crap...total crap. No fun, and worst of all, I can bind the spirit bomb or final flash to one key and spam it to hell no matter how tough the combo is.

That means all the dumb arguments about "ooo it will make u hav 2 gut more skillz to paly" are wrong, cause at that point we'd all be binding the moves and--SURPRISE--it'd be just like ESF is now.

Big humongous waste of time as far as beam moves go...and melee...come on, they'd have to animate seamlessly like 12 different possible animations for the buttons you might press...and that's only the common ones...they'd also have to deal with the fact that people will get retarded animation loops if they don't do "Recognized" combinations of punches and kicks, and the like.

It's pointless. Wait for melee struggling, then all you flashfight fanatics should be satisfied.

Best answers
i think the guy above me is right, combos would suck cause you dont have the overview you have in a fighter.
imo if we introduce combos you get hit and hit and cant do a damn thing (that sux)
and blowing up the map all the time with beams aint fun either (happening to much now so dont promote it)

maybe you could make the beams faster (less charge and more speed) with less explosion range so they could be used tactical in a speedy battle

Best answers
I wish there was a weaker melee attack, just like the really-fast punches they always do in ESF, then they follow thru with a powerful melee, like ESF uses. Interpret that how you want, but that's what i'd like.

Best answers
{SSJ}Master are you trying for Anata baka in your sig..? No clue what Anta is..

Best answers
oh boy

ok, i'm not a newb, in fact, i've owned almost everybody in EVERY server and have played only about 12 hours of the game

Second, my reflex score is 44000 out of 46000 (Reflex Test - search on google) Which is incredibly fast

I have Cable

Despite if it's a game or not, people should be able to do combos because not only would it make the game more like the show, it would add fun and skill.

To the point - The melee blows, period, i dont care if you're 30 years old and know whats terrible and whats good. The melee is rediculous, it's just lock-on - swoosh - hit. thats it, no combos, no nothing, almost no resemblance to the show becuase if you think about it, it didnt happen TOO often.

Another point: You say you can pull off a beam during a fight, well, can you pull off a Big Bang Attack at full charge? Doubtful.
I can't even get half charge in anything thats strong in a battle with melee-ers.

Grow a pair and stop believing it's cool because superiors say it is. Fight back

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The melee system is still being tweaked, and the game is only in it's beta stages, so you can expect some change.

Best answers
The melee system now is very intense. 1.2 is suppose to "deshallow" it.

Best answers
i agree with everyone that says the melee is crap at the moment. ppl who say that its not, and we're just not "skilled" at it should stop playing the game so damn much. skill has nothing to do with it. you lock on, swoop, BAM, person flys half way across the map and you cant even hit them again for like 5 - 10 seconds without a beam. would'nt it be better this way?

swoop in, have an animation of about 4 - 5 punches/kicks to the body, head and all, and then have the person get knocked back only a few feet instead of 1000 miles. blocking animation should also be changed to suit this too. the person blocking actualy blocks the attacks with his/her arms and legs like in the show, or show the blocker dodging the attacks.

this so called skill is nothing more than a cheap way to stop someone attacking with beams. if you wanna kill someone with melee only go play budokai instead. ppl in dbz used beams and ki attacks just as much as they did melee. ppl who are just melee freaks and use nothing but that just piss everyone else off. you get in, BANG, your flying across the map. you recover, BAM, back the other way you go. its just so damn lame like that.

Best answers
could be better i agree...
the charging around is fun...but combos would be even better ^_^

Best answers
They should add a Stamina bar, it'll go like this.
Everytime if you're hit, you will not be send flying. Instead, the bar will decrease and decrease everytime you get hit, the CF and Powerlevel has some influence on the Stamina bar.
And if the Stamina bar is empty, you will be send flying if you are meleed by someone. It will take some time for the Stamina to replenish and come back at full strength.

Best answers
I think the current Malee System is extreme bad.
All you do is knocking around!

Also, I think the this kind of Malee can only be use by Goku as a skill, which should take up lot and lots of KI..

Remember, Kai Punch? Doesn't the Malee look like Kai Punch? Or whatever you call it.

Goku learn it when you died the first time, he learns this techquie from Kai.

Best answers
to the guy with the suuper reflexes and whos really full of himself --> combos suck for people with high reflexes cause when you get hit by a combo you cant do anything back (or need to do a limited combobreaker) --> that sux imo cause i think its most fun when you actually control you character

a few variations in melee would be nice but nothing too low where you get locked up without being in a struggle

Best answers
Originally posted by kebabking
to the guy with the suuper reflexes and whos really full of himself --> combos suck for people with high reflexes cause when you get hit by a combo you cant do anything back (or need to do a limited combobreaker)
If you ment me, thanks for the compliment. :laff: :)

A combo is supose to be a combo.
Reflexes is very important in this game, if you can't take it that some people are faster than you. Then play somewhere else, or learn from them.

The problem with the melee is, you keep getting knocked around when you get hit.
They should do somekind of Stamina bar, if you hit someone in the back. It will result in a send-flying hit...

Best answers
i didnt mean you

btw i like people made up combos but not ingame combos where you push certain buttons and you produce an uninterrupteble alldevastating attack

Best answers
combos would be nice but i think before that they should have a stamina bar so u cant always melee or have drain more energy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, ready?

[BEGIN INSANE RANT]
RETARDED. 'Nuff said.

WHEN MELEE STRUGGLES ARE IMPLEMENTED, YOU WILL ALL GET YOUR DAMNED QUICK PUNCH/QUICK KICK/QUICK BLOCKING ANIMATIONS. THE MELEE SYSTEM IS FINE, YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO PLAY [insert mod name that sucks here] AND TELL ME HOW FUN IT IS.

Look, the melee system in this game is perfectly good. Once melee struggling is implemented it will be different, and I guarantee you that a melee struggle will be an animation of those cool flashfights. It will be done, and it will be SMARTER then any of ALL OF YOUR DUMB SUGGESTIONS involving RETARDED THINGS like 45 DIFFERENT ANIMATED PUNCHES AND KICKS, BUTTON SMASHING, BUTTON COMBINATIONS, AN EXTRA METER FOR STAMINA/KI RESERVES/WHATEVER, or the ever popular MAKE IT SO WE HAVE TO CLICK 87 TIMES REALLY FAST SO THAT WE CAN DO A BUNCH OF FAST PUNCHES AND KICKS.

Come on, losers. Like any of you idiots think for one SECOND that people aren't just going to spam the standard click anyways, if it was done like that?

DON'T BE STUPID, LAY OFF THE HEAVY DRUGS. Melee is fine...if you don't like it like I said in another thread, go play "the other DBZ HL mod." After all, that gem just throws anything anyone wants in there.

It's got:

--Button combos
--Move Combos
--Melee Done by Repeated Clicking
--A Ki Reserve Pool
--The ability to knock other players out
--The Japanese sounds.

All the things that you want. So what the hell are you all doing here? GO PLAY THE OTHER ONE IF YOU WANT MELEE COMBINATION ATTACKS, AND MAYBE YOU CAN LEARN WHY IT'S A BAD IDEA!!

Here's some of the THOUSANDS of disadvantages to that system, in case you are brain damaged:
--Computers aren't built for button combinations of any kind.
--There has never been a successful game in history that used button combinations in the manner being described in this thread.
--The team would have to animate a MINIMUM of five types of hits per character, which would easily take between a number of months and possibly as long as a year.
--While you are busy trying to do "teh ill c0mb0" the opponent holds block and it's a total waste of your time.
--Without the swooping system you wouldn't be able to melee anyone with EITHER system, because you wouldn't get their before you were sucking down a kame wave.
--SCRIPTS for the worst combos so that it takes NO SKILL AT ALL.
--With the above issue, the game would become [swoop], [melee combo bind], [hit away], which is PRETTY MUCH WHAT WE HAVE NOW ANYWAY.
--CONTROLLER LAG. Ever play DMZ? If you don't bind the moves to a single key, they almost never work anyway (if you've changed the keys in the controls menu).
--Finally, this mode would totally evaporate the fast paced feel of the game, and it would turn into...well, you know the mod I want to reference here.

I reiterate: melee combos are in DMZ. Go play that if it's such a wonderful gameplay device.

Alright, 'nuff said.

[/END INSANE RANT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom