change the melee please?

Best answers
Id say just wait for patch 1.2 to come out,no matter what you do,it will come out in 1.2,no earlier,no later

besides

So now I officiallly declare that the *****ing about the current melee system can stop
the man said it himself :D

Best answers
Maybe its a secret like everything else that hasn't been released is a secret

and ya what doodie man said.

Best answers
ok i pretty much agree with everyone that hates the melee system..personally (not trying to piss people off) i think the melee system is *** as hell..stuns u 5-10 seconds leaving u open to be killed by kiblobs which kill u in like 5 seconds...especially if ur a person like me who for sum reason ALWAYS gets meleed why shooting a kamehameha which drains all ur energy so u cant recover from the 100000000000000 miles flight u take after getting hit as a ssj by some one with 500,000 pl..also, since ur energy is all drained after a beam//ps, while your trying to power up, what do u know, ya get hit and it starts a chain of continuous hits by your opponent and theres nothing u can do about it since u are stunned.

the melee has nothing to do with your pl either which doesnt make sense, if u have a stronger level u should inflict more dmg or take less damage although it would stay be *** but atleast someone with 700,000 pl cant kill an ssj with 10,000,000 pl without a challenge.

as far as teleporting melee goes..thats the main thing i hate about melee...its impossible to counter because the person teleports behind you and hits you and sends you flying for them to again go to you before u can block again and hit and it again starts a chain of inevitable hits unitl you die.

the meleeing also i agree does not require skill..even teleporting meleeing...u lock on, left click to dash and right click to hit and if the block, you hit your teleport buttom (R for me), teleport up and hit the from uptop. atleast for beams you need to know when the time for a strong beam comes or a weak beam, when to fire, how to control it, when to make it explode and how to get a good shot and how to ps with them.

i dont have any ideas for the melee system except for the fact that you shouldnt fly after one hit or get stunned so easily to the point were a guy with 700,000 pl can beat a 10,000,000 pl guy..i mean seriously, cmon im sure even melee freaks would agree that that is ***..and another thing..if u are 10 times weaker than ur opponent in melee, ONE hit boosts your power level from 700,000 to about 1,200,000 or so. i guess the stamina bar would be the best idea. as for combos, there should be a power lock as in budokai where u just see u and ur opponent swinging except ur accuracy and speed depends on your pl and clicking speed.

im sure most people here would agree with me...

ill lay back and see what the melee freaks got to say bout my comments...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Zilea
don't talk? how bout i beat your face in with a bat, you can't tell me anything, shut the hell up, no one will flame me because many people agree with me

Are you just trying to convince me that you're trash? Not everyone agrees with you. Some people don't realize that there are already combos in ESF because they have never tried to improve themselves well enough to actually make use of them. There is nothing in ESF that requires literally no skill but what you are doing right now, which is flaming. The melee system in ESF as it is now may not be the masterpiece that 1.2 will bring, but it requires a hell of a lot of timing and quick calculation on both sides of a one on one battle. I know why you wouldn't know, I've seen you play. You should ask yourself why you haven't touched me yet. Could that be skill? If melee requires no tallent, where are your mad melee skills? Where are your 4 and 5 hit combos? Where is your drunken monkey style fall and swoop technique? I haven't seen it yet.

My point was this: Don't ***** about something that you haven't come anywhere close to mastering. That's like saying Tetris is easy because beaten level 1 a hundred and fifty times. Try taking on some more vicious opponents and stop spamming the map for a few minutes.

On a few of Allucard's points:

A higher Power Level does mean more damage to your opponent and less damage to you. Try it.

Hold left click while flying through the air or rolling on the ground to stop. Ki blobs wont even kill you when you are laying on your back most of the time, so if you stop yourself you will have no problem at all. Instead of charging a kamehameha while someone is flying at you, try blocking or moving.

Clicking speed will never work because there are scripts out there, believe it or not. Neither will button combos, or power level combos, as some characters will always have more PL than others (Cell as opposed to a Saiyan ect).

PCJoe has already designed the next one, and I'm sure it'll be great, but until then you all need to practice a little bit. Just because you don't experiment and better yourself doesn't mean the people who have taken advantage of the system and learned its workings should suffer.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Are you just trying to convince me that you're trash? Not everyone agrees with you. Some people don't realize that there are already combos in ESF because they have never tried to improve themselves well enough to actually make use of them. There is nothing in ESF that requires literally no skill but what you are doing right now, which is flaming. The melee system in ESF as it is now may not be the masterpiece that 1.2 will bring, but it requires a hell of a lot of timing and quick calculation on both sides of a one on one battle. I know why you wouldn't know, I've seen you play. You should ask yourself why you haven't touched me yet. Could that be skill? If melee requires no tallent, where are your mad melee skills? Where are your 4 and 5 hit combos? Where is your drunken monkey style fall and swoop technique? I haven't seen it yet.

My point was this: Don't ***** about something that you haven't come anywhere close to mastering. That's like saying Tetris is easy because beaten level 1 a hundred and fifty times. Try taking on some more vicious opponents and stop spamming the map for a few minutes.
wow sonic you are a good competitor but why the modesty?

Best answers
u played me? correction, i've only played 1v1 with a friend, never in a public server

Also,THERE IS NO SKILL IN MELEE, FIGURE IT OUT

jesus how can you say there is skill in melee? are you really that inept? all you do is left click, right click, then hit your teleport button if needed

you're an idiot

I've mastered melee as much as anyone can, nothing else to master
I also try NOT to use melee because not only is it boring, it pisses people off, i usually try to use beams most of the time because it's more fun charging up

almost everything you say is completely inane, jesus christ

owned

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Magus
wow sonic you are a good competitor but why the modesty?
Sorry about that. I'm usually not so callous, I just got angry. My point was that he obviously hasn't come close to any kind of "mastry," so I don't see why he has the right to declare that it is so easy when more experienced players disagree.

Zil: I don't even think I need to add anything. I think you just disproved your own "experience" argument. Anybody who disagrees can go ahead and read his last post again.

And I'm fairly sure you've been on servers. I doubt the name "Zilea" is all that popular.

Edit- WOAH WOAH WOAH... hold the phone... if you do as you say you do, and only play 1 on 1 with a friend, then how do you expect us to take you seriously? Most of us play in servers with more than 1 people, and there is some kind of strategy involved in whether you are using melee or beams at any given time. Against just a single person, and always the same person, you really haven't even played ESF as it was designed to be played yet.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
And btw sonic, sorry for coming on to you like that, I was jstu curious :p

Best answers
melee, requires no skill?? Riiigghhttttt. And Saddam and Osama are gone as well. Esf melee is fairly simple, but using zazoken properly, keeping a bead on a fast moving opponent and preforming five or six hit comboes takes a hella lotta skill. If you want to see how much youve "mastered" melee, play some public servers or play in a tournament. Then you'll see just how much youve "mastered" it. Im sorry, but no matter how good you think you are, there is always someone better.

Hmm personally i dont think esf melee needs to be changed too incedibly much, i mean, add in a few struggles, grapples and made some other freaky fast dbzish melee junk and its pretty damn good. But what the heck, the esf team seems to do a bang up job at what they do, so if they think itll be better, chances are it will.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well 1.2 wont be around for a while, so master it while you can. 1.1 will make some small incredible improvements on 1.1, even though they may sound small at first. Ping no longer affecting head on combat and beams cutting opponents out of swoop are just a couple of the great additions. No more complaining about losing every head on because your ping sucks, and now beams will play into melee more effectively than ever before. Honestly I wouldn't mind if 1.2 had the option of using the 1.2 melee code or the 1.1, as there is so much potential for the current system once those 1.1 updates are packaged and shipped out.

Best answers
holy **** there is more idiots here than i thought

i've mastered melee, wanna 1on1 me? chances are i'll win anyway and i still wouldn't care.

I've mastered melee,i own you.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Obviously you have never faced sonic, he knows the ins and outs of the melee system, try challenging him or pcjoe buddy

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll take you on if you want me to. Give me a server and a time. If my ping isn't over 250 I'll take you on.

Best answers
why does everyone keep talking or saying stuff about doing combos? you cant do combos with the current melee system in esf. what are ppl talking aobut? 5 - 6 hit combos? wtf! you hit someone once, wait 5 - 10 secs till they recover, then swoop and attack again. thats not a combo. a combo would be like this.

you hit someone half way across the map, zanzoken in front of them and kick them up into the air, zanzoken again above them and axe handle them into the ground.

THAT is a combo. not this 1 hit every 10 secs stuff

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't give me a time or a place. Furthermore neither of you have learned how to combo yet, so obviously you haven't mastered melee at all. Meet me on a private or a public server and I will show you the light.

Tekkamon- You can do that in ESF too. You just have to learn how.

Best answers
roflflflfl bull****

you can't do combos (WHEN I MEAN COMBOS I MEAN MANY PUNCHES/ KICKS TOGETHER)

Sorry, stop bull****ting,it's not possible

and i've also NEVER seen somebody do it, and i've played a lot

Best answers
when i say,

"you hit someone half way across the map, zanzoken in front of them and kick them up into the air, zanzoken again above them and axe handle them into the ground"

i mean all without the person being able to stop and reover or block. this is all done before the person can recover after the first attack

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u played me? correction, i've only played 1v1 with a friend, never in a public server
and i've also NEVER seen somebody do it, and i've played a lot

You've got a lot of foot in your mouth now. You're almost up to the ankle. Do you want to stop beating around the bush and give me a server IP so that I can show you how it's done?

Takkaman- That's what I'm talking about. Before he can recover his block or stop himself from flying through the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom