• Cartoons/Anime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comics/Manga

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well imo, i prefer comics\manga but which do you prefer?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I havnt really read manga much but im pretty biased towards anime.

Best answers
Anime only because I feel more can be done with it as a whole. That and I don't have any manga so...

Best answers
I'd have to go with anime, though I haven't read much manga, but I would like to read more manga.

Best answers
I like anime, action can't be portrayed as well in still shots for me as it can in motion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have always prefered comics to cartoons. They are usually more mature and can be shown how the creator wanted them to, since cartoons usually get downsized for kids.

But in regards to manga/anime. Even though there is truely outstanding pieces of manga, I feel that if done right, it can be made much better in the form of moving pictures and sound.

I voted for anime/manga since I prefer reading/watching those over comics/cartoons.

Best answers
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

KyoKusanagi

K
Im in two minds about this, but ill say anime simply because there are somethings that can be better told through anime than through manga - e.g. Initial D, Great Teacher Onizuka, Beserk (i've forgotten what the manga was called) etc.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O oh well lol, i like comic books and manga more

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there is a pseudo-superior 'counter-culture' within the anime/manga world that likes to claim 'Oh, manga is way better then anime,' because it's the 'sophistocated' thing to do.

The fact is, in many cases the anime is simply done better then it's manga equivalent--a major example would be Naruto. Naruto is a combat-based series, and the manga isn't able to pull off the fight scenes with style as the anime is. The majority of non-Japanese readers of the Naruto manga are doing it because the manga is further along in the story and they don't wish to wait for the anime episodes to slowly come out--and they're dissapointed they ruined parts of the story for the garbage manga.

So, I vote anime. (in Most cases)

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Petco said:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

yes indeed.

You get a warning for it :warning:

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i disagree with saying that the naruto anime was done better, it follows the manga almost word for word, and the only parts i found a bit weak in the anime, werent in the manga.... i understand what you mean about the fight scenes though, but it i think if you read it carefully instead you can understand whats going on and it still looks damn cool. With my shonen jump right next to me, the fights look awesome, (looking at the fight between kakashi and sasuke for the bells) its fluid, and very visually impressive. The naruto manga did an excellent job in communicating emmotion and you can really empathise with the characters, i found that when i watched the anime it was a little empty, for example, i hate the way Rock lee is portrayed in the anime, the music especially makes it worse, i thought he was a great character in the manga, but when i saw the anime, my opinion of him went down hill. I feel that the manga is better because it lets your imagination do more work, which imo, is better, it makes me feel more involved. Dont get me wrong though, the anime is good, i'd give it 8.5/10 but the manga i'd give 9/10....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom