Captain Ginyu's Buddy System

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After reading the newest outlines, I have a suggestion for Ginyu.

I think you should be able to choose who you want to buddy with rather than have it chosen in order. Each buddy should have his own strength's and weaknesses. For example...

Recoome - Slowest, but strongest. Highest HP. Can have Eraser Gun beam. Good for beamers. Bad for melee.

Burter - Lack of any real beams, but is fast. His beam attack could be the purple spiral flash attack, which is basically another version of the Renzoku. Average HP. Good for melee. Bad for beamers.

Guldo - Weak, but has good telekinetic powers to freeze people in place to set up a team attack between him and ginyu. Good for those who like team-attacking. Not too strong in the beaming department though.

Jeice - An all-arounder. Average speed, HP, and power. Has the Fire crusher Ball projectile. Ideal partner for those who mix up melee, beams, and team attacks.

When you get to the powerlevel needed to summon a buddy, you'd hit the z-key...and instead of a transformation, you'd get a list.

Who will be your buddy?

1. Guldo
2. Jeice
3. Recoome
4. Burter

choose who you want and your partner will appear by you giving his typical Ginyu pose, and then you're off. However, the buddy stays with you until you and your partner dies, so you need to choose wisely.

This would give Ginyu a lot more variety rather than a list of what buddy you get at what power level.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, in fact, I like it a lot.

:yes:

Best answers
Yes not a bad idea. I like it.

I'm kind of wondering though if more chars should fall into the buddy system. I mean looking at the list of transformations a couple chars have a total of four states while some have only two.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, believe it or not it basically is like this. The only difference is you can't access them all at once. When you get to the pl where you've "unlocked" all of your buddies, you can just keep ascending and decending depending on which buddy you want at that certain time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh! Well...I suppose thats cool. But I feel that they should all be available at the same time considering how different each of them should be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah but then what's the point in playing Ginyu? You get them all then what? You have nothing to work towards. It keeps it intresting when you know there's always something on the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kama said:
Yeah but then what's the point in playing Ginyu? You get them all then what? You have nothing to work towards. It keeps it intresting when you know there's always something on the way.
Its the variety itself. Buddies shouldn't be considered as a type of transformation line. Each buddy should be no different than the last. Each has his own strength and weakness. If you were to unlock each one as you go along, it would just be a "Ok...I have another ginyu buddy now. His stats are differen't from the last one but I'm not stronger in any way."

Its not like each member gives you a power boost like normal transformations...so having them all won't mean you've gone from Normal Ginyu to "as strong as a SSJ3" ginyu. It would just mean that you have a set of partners to choose from, so test them out. Perhaps you wanna use power...ok choose recoome. You get your butt kicked. So you change your buddy to Burter and fight back, but you still get blasted...so you get Jeice.

If you have only one character unlocked every once in a while, you'll be forced to have that character's strengths and weaknesses for a long time...and it could possibly prevent you from going any further depending on your opponents. If your partner is Guldo and you can't seem to win because Guldo isn't coming in handy when you really need it, you'll need a change in partners to adapt to the situation. If you have to unlock a buddy later on, it'll only be that much harder.

In the end, Ginyu is a character that can have a buddy that is power, speed, tech, or all-around. He should have access to all of them in order to adapt to every situation. I'm not saying let him have the buddies from the start. Just let all the buddies be available when the time comes rather than unlocking one every time you get a million extra PL. They're buddies. Not transformations. Power, speed, HP, and attacks only change depeding on your buddy.

Anyway...rant over.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you forget that buddy's are a system to replace transforms, different buddies are engineered so they will become better each one you get, so you can keep up with the ssj3 goku's, this suggestion would mean they'd all just have their own pro's and cons, but it wont ever equal out the speed and power difference between kid buu and ginyu. Only a ranked system between each character based on powerlevel will do that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
Its the variety itself. Buddies shouldn't be considered as a type of transformation line. Each buddy should be no different than the last. Each has his own strength and weakness. If you were to unlock each one as you go along, it would just be a "Ok...I have another ginyu buddy now. His stats are differen't from the last one but I'm not stronger in any way."

Its not like each member gives you a power boost like normal transformations...so having them all won't mean you've gone from Normal Ginyu to "as strong as a SSJ3" ginyu. It would just mean that you have a set of partners to choose from, so test them out. Perhaps you wanna use power...ok choose recoome. You get your butt kicked. So you change your buddy to Burter and fight back, but you still get blasted...so you get Jeice.

If you have only one character unlocked every once in a while, you'll be forced to have that character's strengths and weaknesses for a long time...and it could possibly prevent you from going any further depending on your opponents. If your partner is Guldo and you can't seem to win because Guldo isn't coming in handy when you really need it, you'll need a change in partners to adapt to the situation. If you have to unlock a buddy later on, it'll only be that much harder.

In the end, Ginyu is a character that can have a buddy that is power, speed, tech, or all-around. He should have access to all of them in order to adapt to every situation. I'm not saying let him have the buddies from the start. Just let all the buddies be available when the time comes rather than unlocking one every time you get a million extra PL. They're buddies. Not transformations. Power, speed, HP, and attacks only change depeding on your buddy.

Anyway...rant over.
I kind of agree with you, Logan, but exactly when will be the right time for a buddy to be unlocked, then?

Also, you seem to be under the impression that, if buddies were like transformations, that they would all have distinctly different abilities/purposes, but I recall no such thing being said in the Buddy Trans outline. It was merely your idea to give them different purposes, and I think you accidentally transferred that to the buddy trans, in your mind.

The buddy transes will, logically speaking, each have an increased level of power instead of serving a different purpose (melee/beams etc), thus enabling them to become as strong as say, an SSJ3, for balance.

Just my two cents though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Also, you seem to be under the impression that, if buddies were like transformations, that they would all have distinctly different abilities/purposes, but I recall no such thing being said in the Buddy Trans outline. It was merely your idea to give them different purposes, and I think you accidentally transferred that to the buddy trans, in your mind.
It was in reference to my suggestion. thats why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom