California may have legalized cannabis today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It shouldn't be illegal in the first place. No one should have the right to tell me what I can and can not do with my body, provided it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. I don't even smoke. It's just the principle of it all.
I don't think its them telling you what you can do to your body. More or less what your body is going to do under the influence to others. Even so, people still have free will and murder people. One thing isn't going to stop one man who is on a mission.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think its them telling you what you can do to your body. More or less what your body is going to do under the influence to others. Even so, people still have free will and murder people. One thing isn't going to stop one man who is on a mission.
Using that logic, alcohol should also be illegal, in addition to all mind altering prescription medicines.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Using that logic, alcohol should also be illegal, in addition to all mind altering prescription medicines.
True. Which is a statement I used in class and apparently no one can give a good enough answer why that stuff isn't illegal other then "if weed is legal, then wouldn't that allow a window for acid, cocaine, and other drugs?".

Even still, I believe you should be allowed to do anything of the sort in your house as long as it does not harm another human being and you stay on your own lawn. Now if you are walking down town and doing it then that is another thing because it could cause you to do something stupid ( Being drunk in public ).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be perfectly okay with that, as a start.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
alcohol causes mental and fizic addiction so do cigarretes
but weed doesn't cause fizic addicition just mental addiciton

for example last year in June I smoked some weed with some friends at school then in the big school holiday (3 months) i didnt smoke anything at all

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are two ways to use tobacco: smoke it, or dip it. Both ways will **** you up.
Since you only know of two ways to use tobacco, I think you need to educate yourself on the subject at hand.

Marijuana can be used in a variety of ways, all of them far less lethal than dipping or smoking tobacco because it isn't simply the act of smoking that kills you; it's the special ingredients found within.
If by lethal you mean you won't smoke the same amount of weed a day as you will cigarettes, then yes. As I've illustrated earlier, those are only two of the ways you can use tobacco.

it isn't simply the act of smoking that kills you; it's the special ingredients found within.
What kills you is introducing toxins to your throat, lungs, and bloodstream. Ingredients depend, but see, smoking in general is known by every doctor out there to be bad, because only a select number of simple substances can oxidize (burn) and not produce carcinogens as a result of an incomplete reaction. Any smoke you inhale that is made from an organic substance is likely bad for you. The amount of damage depends vastly on how often you inhale it and what kind of carcinogens and irritants the smoke contains. Without having at least three sources (none of which coming from your lovely legalise-pot sites, but rather educational facilities and whatnot) verifying that cannabis magically releases none or extremely few carcinogenic substances when heated, your argument lacks weight. I'm not saying smoking cannabis is worse than smoking cigarettes; I'm saying it's not harmless, and you can't compare the two in terms of lethality alone. You have to add in addiction (which according to recent studies is mostly attributed to habit in the case of nicotine anyway) for smoking tobacco to be far more dangerous than smoking cannabis.

I'm pretty sure that if I smoked forty pure-cannabis cigarettes a day for thirty years, I'd have some kind of lung problems (among others) as well as whatever else the different carcinogens will do to your body.

As to 'special ingredients', I would really like to know how you can be sure that all the dealers of America don't put anything in your weed.

I don't know anyone retarded enough to "enrich" their weed with radioactive materials, either, so it has that going for it. When 1 in 5 dies because of weed, opinions will change to reflect the facts.
A lot of people who smoke cigarettes also smoke weed. Because of this fact, you can't know if cigarettes are the main cause of all the cancers it has been attributed to it. Besides, as I pointed out earlier, it's not like you smoke forty weed-cigarettes a day. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get cancer from smoking five cigarettes a day for the rest of my life - odds are the air and the chemicals in my food and water will get me first.

On a sidenote, why is it so bad for people to die five to ten years before their time? We have enough old people, and there will only be more of them. Who's going to take care of us when we're all a bunch of arthritis ridden 98 year olds?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....fizic?

....really?

And what you wrote.. wow. That's just stupid to be honest. It proves absolutely nothing.

EDIT: That was at Nemix. One of the stupidest posts I've read in a while.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since you only know of two ways to use tobacco, I think you need to educate yourself on the subject at hand.

Before you attempt to educate me, read what you're linking to. How does one dip? How does one use snus? Holy ****. It's amazing. One requires you to spit, the other doesn't. Both are used in exactly the same way.

If by lethal you mean you won't smoke the same amount of weed a day as you will cigarettes, then yes. As I've illustrated earlier, those are only two of the ways you can use tobacco.

Even if you were to smoke weed as often as a person smokes cigarettes, it'd end up being less harmful purely because of the difference in the manufacturing processes between the two. But, as you pointed out, people simply don't smoke weed as often as they smoke cigarettes, making them safer still. Where the nicotine in one forces you to smoke often, and as the dosage of a single cigarette no longer suffices, weed is still there, standing strong, unless you smoke 10 times a day, every day. At that point, you're the exception, and not the rule.

What kills you is introducing toxins to your throat, lungs, and bloodstream. Ingredients depend, but see, smoking in general is known by every doctor out there to be bad, because only a select number of simple substances can oxidize (burn) and not produce carcinogens as a result of an incomplete reaction. Any smoke you inhale that is made from an organic substance is likely bad for you. The amount of damage depends vastly on how often you inhale it and what kind of carcinogens and irritants the smoke contains. Without having at least three sources (none of which coming from your lovely legalise-pot sites, but rather educational facilities and whatnot) verifying that cannabis magically releases none or extremely few carcinogenic substances when heated, your argument lacks weight. I'm not saying smoking cannabis is worse than smoking cigarettes; I'm saying it's not harmless, and you can't compare the two in terms of lethality alone. You have to add in addiction (which according to recent studies is mostly attributed to habit in the case of nicotine anyway) for smoking tobacco to be far more dangerous than smoking cannabis.

Toxins found in cigarretes:

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/whatsinit.htm

But surely Marijuana must contain toxins as well when you smoke it! Absolutely:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071217110328.htm

But wait a second...how about chewing tobacco and dip?

http://www.bodyteen.com/drtodi.html

Aww ****!

But marijuana is still harmful if you smoke it so....oh wait. I guess I just won't smoke it:

http://www.maps.org/mmj/pr5.02.03.html

And that's just from 03.

So...it's like, if I want to use smokeless tobacco, I'm ******* myself, and if I want to smoke, I'm ******* myself, but if I just inhale THC, I'm good to go.

Fantastic.

I'm pretty sure that if I smoked forty pure-cannabis cigarettes a day for thirty years, I'd have some kind of lung problems (among others) as well as whatever else the different carcinogens will do to your body.

As to 'special ingredients', I would really like to know how you can be sure that all the dealers of America don't put anything in your weed.

I'm sure the average marijuana user smokes 40 times a day. Its totally normal behav....wait a second. No. No it's not, so the comparison is disingenuous. I'm sure if I drank a pint of water 30 times a day I'd end up messing up by body, too. But, you know, that doesn't really happen. That's the problem with hyperbolic statements. It makes everything ridiculous.

Find me a dealer who waters their plants with uranium-laced water and we'll talk.

A lot of people who smoke cigarettes also smoke weed. Because of this fact, you can't know if cigarettes are the main cause of all the cancers it has been attributed to it. Besides, as I pointed out earlier, it's not like you smoke forty weed-cigarettes a day. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get cancer from smoking five cigarettes a day for the rest of my life - odds are the air and the chemicals in my food and water will get me first.

A lot of people who smoke cigarettes don't smoke weed, too, so you study them and see what happens. And what happens 1 out of every 5 times in the States is a tobacco-related death. The stats are there for all to see.

On a sidenote, why is it so bad for people to die five to ten years before their time? We have enough old people, and there will only be more of them. Who's going to take care of us when we're all a bunch of arthritis ridden 98 year olds?

Much like the rest of your post, this last statement is preposterous. I'd rather die of old age than lung cancer, or have my lower jaw removed because I chose smokeless tobacco as my drug of choice.
Your entire post is disingenuous. The stats are there. The information is there. Your only claim is if someone smokes marijuana as much as the typical person smokes cigarettes, they'd get messed up, too. I don't deny that. But if I ate my body weight in shrooms, I'd die, as well. Is that someone I'm going to use to rail against shrooms, though? No, because that would be retarded. Point being, if you go to any extreme, you're probably going to die. The problem is habits acquired from smoking and dipping aren't so much on the extreme side of the scale as they are typical.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of people who smoke cigarettes also smoke weed. Because of this fact
Uhm? define "a lot" please. :p
Anyway he state should provide everyone with vaporizers. No health risk (as opposed to smoking weed) and a good high! (You don't get that stoned from them though.. :()
Also it's usable for tobacco!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I completely forgot to reiterate Prozac's point about being able to consume marijuana. Swallow some dip and see what happens.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There will be a day when marijuana will be legal and the first item perscribed to most if not all mental and physical issues.

I AM FROM THE FUTURE!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyways, I'm going to close this thread... because the owners of this site are against this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom