Bye bye rock :'[

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's a quality list there Jimdapredator ^^

oh, listen to Jurassic 5 album - Power in numbers

or take the time to listen to Sublime =P (40oz to freedom) not quite hip hop but just pure awesomeness

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tool got boring... Give me some more hip hop plzzzzzz. :O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tool and Megadeth is really all you need. For now.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Queens of the Stone Age = Good (Songs for the Deaf, anyway; I don't care too much for the other albums, although they each have at least one good song).

Vietnam Era music is usually pretty good.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I became less interested into Rock and Metal. I listened to it practically everyday, and then one day I got sick of it because its the same thing all over again! Ugh, the past weeks I've been listening to some hop and rap and I say wow, it sounds better for my ears. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some artists out here... just not the typical gangster rap like Eminem or 50 Cent. I know we got some people who listen to pop here. o_o

I reccomend you go back to the 60's, 70's and 80's to listen for music. Today they sound the same, but music then was special.

Best answers
I love how he states that he'd rather listen to hiphop and 70 percent of you try to convert him back to rock lol.

Support his decision or don't post.

Btw, Lith...did you check out the playlist?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I reccomend you go back to the 60's, 70's and 80's to listen for music. Today they sound the same, but music then was special.
You say that because all the horrible, who-the-****-would-listen-to-this-**** music has vanished from all memory and radio. Lots of what you hear on the radio nowadays will never be remembered by the youth of 20 years from now, and they'll be complaining how ****ty lots of their music is, when we had awesome bands like Tool.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or take the time to listen to Sublime =P (40oz to freedom) not quite hip hop but just pure awesomeness
Best band ever.

Btw, i'm kind of amazed at how many people like Tool. I personally haven't liked many of the songs I've listened to from them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best band ever.

Btw, i'm kind of amazed at how many people like Tool. I personally haven't liked many of the songs I've listened to from them.
For the record, I was just using them as an example.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't. They're my favourite band. Their music isn't for everyone though, as it takes some getting used to (like, 4 minute intro's etc) but man, am I glad I found their music. Tool shouts atmosphere from my speakers. >:F

Best answers
OK you might like this if you haven't lost your taste for power metal:

Masterplan and Rhapsody

Reccomended songs:

-Masterplan: Heroes and Spirit Never Die

-Rhapsody: Steel Gods of the Apocalypse

And I've dled a few Sonata Arctica songs and they're not bad, I must say. :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rhapsody is good... if you can stand the cheese (and thankfully I can). It's all about enchanted lands, legendary dragons, dark lords, and magic swords. Really, you won't be sure whether it's meant to be serious, or some kind of joke. Christopher Lee acts as a narrator in many of their albums, which is pretty sweet in itself.

I wasn't kidding.

They've got some great stuff, very grand and epic, but if I could only ever say this about one band, it would be Rhapsody of Fire: they are not for everyone, and in fact, not even most people. But we are talking about power metal after all...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security, i'm not sure; i know they are affiliated, but i dunno if Kool Keith is another of his aliases

since you want more, here comes a giant list :D

Jedi Mind Tricks - "On The Eve Of War", "All Shall Perish", "Heavy Metal Kings", "Shadow Business", "I Against I", "Rage of Angels", "Battlecry", "Gorillas", "Henry the 8th", "Feast of the Wolves",
Lupe Fiasco - Kick, Push II
DJ Format - 3 feet Deep ft. Abdominal & D-sisive
DJ Format - We Know Something You Don't Know (you might have seen images of a guy in a bear costume breakdancing, this is the song and music video it's from)
Talib Kweli ft. UGK - ****ry Cuzins
DJ Shadow ft. Mos Def - Six Days
Wu-Tang Clan - "C.R.E.A.M." "Triumph" and "Gravel Pit"
Mark Ronson ft. Nate Dogg & Ghostface - Ohh Wee
Cannibal Ox - Iron Galaxy
The Roots - Boom!
The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiastrist
Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic", "Ch-Check It Out"
Fort Minor - Believe Me
RJD2 - Ghost Writer (this is an instrumental; there's a remix floating around but it's impossible to find. The mix version is in my sig.)
Nas - "The World Is Yours", "Hip Hop is Dead" and "Can't Forget About You"
Outkast - "B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad)"
Joe Budden - Pump it Up
Busta Rhymes & Method Man - What's Happenin'
Method Man & Redman - Da Rockwilder
Redman ft. DJ Kool - Let's Get Dirty
KRS-One - "MC's Act Like They Don't Know" and "My Life"

some old school stuff:
Funkdoobiest - Rock On
Souls of Mischief - Step To My Girl
Skeelo - I Wish
Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
Kris Kross - Jump
Run DMC - "Rockbox" and "King of Rock"
Sugarhill Gang - "Apache" and "Rapper's Delight"
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message
A Tribe Called Quest - Scenario
Rob Base & DJ EZ - It Takes Two

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You say that because all the horrible, who-the-****-would-listen-to-this-**** music has vanished from all memory and radio. Lots of what you hear on the radio nowadays will never be remembered by the youth of 20 years from now, and they'll be complaining how ****ty lots of their music is, when we had awesome bands like Tool.
VH1 Classic?

I'm 15 and I listen to the 60's, 70's and 80's. They've still got at least one young fan! In fact, my parents are out of the 60's period but I still listen to the Ventures and the Monkees! Not to mention Elvis and Pink Floyd. With out these guys, modern music would have never developed (for me a two sided sword).

Who's Tool? I'm serious. It's an odd name.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VH1 Classic?

I'm 15 and I listen to the 60's, 70's and 80's. They've still got at least one young fan! In fact, my parents are out of the 60's period but I still listen to the Ventures and the Monkees! Not to mention Elvis and Pink Floyd. With out these guys, modern music would have never developed (for me a two sided sword).

You don't seem to see what I'm saying.

There was a ton of crappy music back then, but it didn't stand the test of time. All the Beatles knockoffs are long since forgotten, and when was the last time you saw someone listening to Disco? The only redeeming quality ****ty music has is that it will eventually go away and disappear. Good music never gets old.

Best answers
hmmm, i wonder who from our generation will pass the tests of time,

Tool deffenitly they appeal to EVERYONE not just metal rockers, if you dont like tool, you need to die

blink 182 i think will make it also, incubus possibly

-shrug-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Click me!

Their aspirational work is marked by an ambivalent relationship between the band and today's music industry, resulting in exceptionally long or complex releases, controversial yet abstract lyrics, unorthodox music videos, censorship, and the band's ongoing struggle for privacy.
There you go.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just finished listening to all the above artists... and I say I kinda like music thats are like Dr. Octagon, Dj. Shadow and Fort Minor. I really like that Trees song by Octagon haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom