Bug with my Powerup Aura?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey all, I was just trying to test out my new Final Flash sprites, and found that when I started my own server, Lan or internet, I couldn't move my model. it moved of it's own will but only forwards, without me pressing a key, and without stopping.

I think this bug may have to do with my powerup aura, only because another person who used my aura noted a similar problem in the last thread. If I'm strictly a client, it's not even an issue--if I run my own server, though, I can't move at all, even up or down. My character also appears unablee to touch the ground, as he remains floating where he spawns and does not animate as if he's touching the floor.

As you can imagine, this makes it very difficult to test my Final Flash (which is coming out decently but is taking me a long while to perfect), since it takes 40 days and nights to go SSJ with Vegeta without the Dragonballs, and on any server online with DBs in it, it either crashes or someone swipes them before I can wish.

I'm not a great player. I go super saiyan with Vegeta only once in a great great while, maybe once a week or so. So I really need to know if anyone knows what this problem might be, particularly the team's coders (since the powerup aura is hard-coded, they'd know best).

If all else fails I'll just put the old sprite back buit it'd be nice if I didn't have to.

Well...if anyone knows anything, let me know here, please. Thanks an advance!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have the same prob as well. Anywayz, you could just start a lan game with the db's. This shouldn't cause you any trouble.

Best answers
I refuse to belive a sprite is doing that ... it must be some wierd bug ... reinstall esf and HL or something

Also get the map esf_cellarena_b3 from esf-world.de ... its not a great map but it has the DBs in one place soo it takes 3 mins to trans with Veggi :p

Best answers
You can always beat them up for the dragonballs and wish before them. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but then I have to get off a wish while being hunted by everyone in the server for meleeing them once and taking the DB!

Curse, I agree. It CAN'T be the damned sprite...that just makes no sense.

Thanks for the tip with that map, too. hehe.

Best answers
hey SaiyanPrideXIX are you that guy?? is that pic of you??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OFF-TOPIC!!!

Anyway, I had the same problem......tried everything but ended up re-installing ESF......nothin' else worked. I hope you can figure out why id did that, with me it suddenly happened; I was playing a LAN game, went downstairs, went back up, started another LAN game, ESF's f*cked up. ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First and foremost, nah. The guy in my sig is a wrestler, Undertaker. My fav. Hehehe.

X said:
OFF-TOPIC!!!
X said:
Anyway, I had the same problem......tried everything but ended up re-installing ESF......nothin' else worked. I hope you can figure out why id did that, with me it suddenly happened; I was playing a LAN game, went downstairs, went back up, started another LAN game, ESF's f*cked up. ;/

Also...gotta ask...reinstalling ESF...I have to know if you put my powerup sprite back in before you played but after reinstalling? If you reinstalled it would overwrite the aura and well...if the aura's the problem somehow, than reinstalling would get rid of my aura and put it back to it's original sprite, fixing the problem.

So...for instance...do you think I could uninstall ESF, and put it back, then put my sprite and everything back, and have it work?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I did, was:

1.) Backup my models, sprites, and sounds.
2.) Remove ESF.
3.) Re-install ESF.
4.) But my backups back.
5.) It worked!

So yeah, I think that'll work. BUT DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweetness!! Alright, cool...I'll add that to the readme then, I guess. Hehe.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Benamis, that's another warning for spam. DO NOT TAKE POSTS OFF TOPIC. If you want to ask someone something, PM them.

-Karrde-

Best answers
HUH??? i dont get it it was just a question man ur sick man why ur sow mad???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom