Breaking news

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it was my point of view i just gave it in a simple phrase, who cares? because people die all the time and get no recognition. What makes him more important than you or me? nothing, we're all human.

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Didn't know some peopel here were atheist, I can get not beliving in god and stuff, but what DO they belive in then?
Dictionary.com:
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Therefore, an Atheist is one who dosn't believe in a god or gods, so they basically believe that there is no afterlife or anything. When you die, you cease. Everything is based on biology and physics. According to "them", there are no higher beings.

My best wishes are with the Pope. I believe that he was a great man. If memory serves, the only pope to ever grace my country with his precence. (Canada, eh?). God Bless

it was my point of view i just gave it in a simple phrase, who cares? because people die all the time and get no recognition. What makes him more important than you or me? nothing, we're all human.
It (to me) looked quite disrespectful. You don't disrespect anyone while their dying, regardless of your personal feelings. Show a bit of respect to someone who is probably living their final days. Hes held in high standards by alot of other humans, which is why he gets the recognition you speak of. If you don't like it... well to be blunt, no one cares about what you think anyway, so if your going to post, you midaswell keep it respectful in a time such as this, so you don't look like a disrespectful pile of crap.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Many people care, but this shouldn't be the focus of the conversation, who or why is concerned isn't the point of this thread.

I ask any and everyone to refrain from making this thread a venue to attack religion.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people can have their own opinions the conversation can go anyway it wants as long as we abide by the AUP. I really dont care. Yes respect to him he died he lived a long life and did what he did, but he's no different to you or I imo.

Best answers
If one is an atheist, why do you say they can't believe in an afterlife? You cwazy! You just take god out of the picture, not neccesarily everything associated withgod like heaven, maybe their is a heaven, but it's evoulution ( just an example).

Anyway, two things, Why is he considered so "important", I mean comeon, he's just another man.

The second thing, no offense, don't flame me, but one would think, that if he was going to heaven he wouldn't wanna cling to life so much... just something I thought of (Don't flame me!)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zudo said:
Anyway, two things, Why is he considered so "important", I mean comeon, he's just another man.

The second thing, no offense, don't flame me, but one would think, that if he was going to heaven he wouldn't wanna cling to life so much... just something I thought of (Don't flame me!)
As I've stated in an earlier post. He is important because he's considered a national figure of Italy, and of the Catholic religion. He's been involved in countless world-wide charities, and makes appearances all over the world. He's basically a celebrity of the Catholic religion, and isn't afraid to make his opinion on political matters a public account. He's even recently asked the Iraqi citizens to join the new Iraqi National Gaurd, to help the U.N. drive out the Syrian and Al Quada insurgents that carelessly put any and everyone in harms way. He's basically a focus of many people's faith, and will continue to be.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
people can have their own opinions the conversation can go anyway it wants as long as we abide by the AUP. I really dont care. Yes respect to him he died he lived a long life and did what he did, but he's no different to you or I imo.
Hes not dead yet... *cough*

He isn't any different from you or I, other than the fact that tens of thousands of people worldwide hold him in high appraise, which is why hes getting all the attention now that hes near his death. Same thing with any political or religous leader. It always happens, its how the world currently works.

If one is an atheist, why do you say they can't believe in an afterlife? You cwazy! You just take god out of the picture, not neccesarily everything associated withgod like heaven, maybe their is a heaven, but it's evoulution ( just an example).
So how would this magical afterlife exist without something or someone to create it. I did state what I stated rather poorly I admit, but there cant very well be an afterlife without someone or something to create it, unless its just some sort of limbo.

He is the POPE. 'Nuff said.

He isn't really clinging to life all that much. I'd go as far to say that hes waiting for his time to come. Last I heard he declined to be hospitilazed. Someone who is "clinging to life" would usually want as much medical attention as they could get to "increase their chances" so to speak. I hope that wasn't a "flame" in your standards ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I praise him for what he has done. He is the closest thing I have to God himself. I have not seen him, but I have been to the Vatican before. I went to my local Church today for about an hour to pray for him.

God Bless him and I hope he finnaly gets to see the person hes served throughout his life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
who cares?
A valid question indeed. Well, heres your answer.

If you want a source, get off your ass and right click the damn image.

But thats not to say that all Christians care and all non-Christians dont.

Horray for agnosticism because I dont know if God exists, nor do I care. I really dislike the pope but there was one picture in the paper that was just saddening. So I can say Ive been moved.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, If he's finally dead. I say good. BECAUSE he's not miserable and suffering anymore. He's been sick a long time, and his time is over.

He was probably one of the greatest Popes to date, any had one thing that most of this predecessors DIDN'T have. Humor.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but out of good taste and respect, if you don't have anything positive to say, keep it to yourself.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He said it was fortunate his suffering was over and that he had a sense of humor. Whats not positive about that?

E: Ahh...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't believe opti was referring to Arthos, but to those who were saying "Who cares" and what not.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deman said:
I don't believe opti was referring to Arthos, but to those who were saying "Who cares" and what not.
Bingo.....

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1 question from the Fatal Cobra... Erm...
WTF Is a POPE?!..

Oh noes! a man is near death ! and its the POPE!!.. Too bad I dont know who or what a pope is.. =\ , Can Somebody explain what is a POPE?.. And why they are special?...And have super powers..( I R Being positive.. -_-)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the pope is the head of the catholic church, he basically is the official interperater of the bible, and thus also, the 1 person who is the direct link between man and god (basically).

hes probably the most important man in the world as far as religion goes... heck, the vatican even has its own army >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't really get any less religious than me, but the man apologized for what the church did to Galileo... that's worth something in my book.

Rest in peace.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what's funny? He absolved Galileo of any wrongdoing. If everything the Catholic faith says is true--and he was branded a heretic--he sat in purgatory for FIVE HUNDRED YEARS until in 1992, I believe, when the Pope absolved him. Just think about that.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
frsrblch said:
A valid question indeed. Well, heres your answer.

If you want a source, get off your ass and right click the damn image.

But thats not to say that all Christians care and all non-Christians dont.

Horray for agnosticism because I dont know if God exists, nor do I care. I really dislike the pope but there was one picture in the paper that was just saddening. So I can say Ive been moved.
That chart is actually wrong, muslim is the most popular religion in the world.

Anyway, whether or not I agree witht he whole pope thing, to live by those standards takes a good man, and that he is.

Best answers
Actually, technically enough if you combine the "subsets" of christianity, they by far outweigh the muslim population, and are "the most popular religion" (The numbers from the source I found said Muslim came in at 1.1 billion whereas all of christianity came in at 1.9 billion. Just wanted to clear that up a bit =o.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom