Bots for 1.2.3 ECX RC2

Best answers
In ECX RC2 there only 9 bots... It's not fair so I'd suggest to program bots for all characters, it isn't really hard.. But alone I can't do anything... I need to someone post a software with what it may be possible to code em.(I'm not searching ESF Bot 4.1)

Thanks

Last edited:
Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ECX isn't officially supported by ESF

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ESF bot code for the ESF Bot 4.1 was released a long time ago. Should be burried somewhere on these forums, just search for it.

But dont misstake ECX for our product. ECX is pretty much an AMXX hack of standard ESF. Thats the reason why the bots dont recognize it in the game.

But dont think its that easy to code AI to recognize something that doesnt exist in the game until the server actually starts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not even sure it's unofficially supported by ESF. In fact, many of ESF's community members loathe ECX.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ESF bot code for the ESF Bot 4.1 was released a long time ago. Should be burried somewhere on these forums, just search for it.

But dont misstake ECX for our product. ECX is pretty much an AMXX hack of standard ESF. Thats the reason why the bots dont recognize it in the game.

But dont think its that easy to code AI to recognize something that doesnt exist in the game until the server actually starts.
Why do you call ECX a "hack" so much... It's set of AMXX plugins. There really isn't anything too special about it.

Best answers
Okay, thank you. But I think that would be better to ESF team program on ECX and upgrade it's graphics and try to make a single player(there should be also default multiplayer), if this idea is going to be used I'd like to enter to project team as 2D-3D graphics maker or even coder(i had experience on java coding and now imma moving HL mods;) ).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you call ECX a "hack" so much... It's set of AMXX plugins. There really isn't anything too special about it.

Because ALL AMXX pluggins are essentially hacks ^^

You know how AMXX works. And the way it works is essentially a hack that interfears between the engine and the mod DLLs

@BeerShake We will not be doing anything like ECX. ESF is ESF, and ECX is ECX. What you are saying is essentially like going up to Valve and asking them to work on ESF, instead of HL

Best answers
Okay, anyways now imma working on new bots for ECX and its going pretty nice, now Bot can be chosen with 11 characters!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well with the way ECX is built, you need to make it dynamic. Since you can freely add/remove chars from that thing.

But good luck with it nontheless.

Best answers
Well to add and write character plugin is easy but I must to make bot uses more than 9 classic characters is harder.:D
Anyways now you can use them all(on my version) until I add more characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom