Blacklight: Retribution Beta Key Giveaway [Alienware Arena]

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/blacklight-retribution-beta-key-giveaway/

Phase 1 of Blacklight: Retribution is re-opening! Grab your code to have unlimited beta access to this exciting free-to-play game from Zombie Studios, set to come out this Winter. Customize characters to suit your personal gameplay and unlock all the exciting features that this game has to offer. Blacklight: Retribution is the one first-person-shooter that gives you a broad range of customization to give you an awesomely unique gameplay experience. Try it before it comes out!

The closed beta is scheduled to begin November 15th.

About the Game:
Designed exclusively for the PC, Blacklight Retribution is a fast-paced, futuristic, free-to-play, first person shooter including incredible graphics with full DirectX® 11 support. Developed by Zombie Studios and being published by Perfect World, Blacklight Retribution is a completely unique and thrilling online shooter experience.
[video=youtube_share;GAXYmtMQ5Gc]http://youtu.be/GAXYmtMQ5Gc[/video]

DX11, good graphics, nice gunplay. I just did the training and got to say...not bad for a free FPS. It's pretty up there; however it suffers from the thing free 2 play games usually suffer from...cash shop. In MMORPG's; you can semi-forgive having OP items in cash shop. It's the nature of the game.

In FPS's though, it's really annoying that someone can buy a gun that is 2x as powerful as any of the free guns...just makes it really painful. Oh well, the server went down, but I'm excited.

Mechs control pretty sweetly though. They're really mobile; not Japanese Gundam mobile, but more so than the usual Western Mech.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started playing on the 1st when the 3rd CB started. I am really liking the gameplay so far, especially since it keeps on changing. Earning your way to Mechs is very satisfying. But yeah, the worst part is the Cash Shop, no permanent buyable weapons besides the modifications you unlock after leveling.

If only they would fix that, this would become a very innovative MMO. MMOs should seriously take a leaf out of how the devs of League of Legends handle their Cash Shops. LoL is the first MMO to make me purchase something from the store, and if you know me, that is really a big deal.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, when I was younger; I used to play eXteel and they had a cash shop for buying new parts for mechs; with specs way better than the default. I bought some; however, you could buy them perm, which was nice. Most MMO / Free FPS have guns like 1 day, 7 day, 30 day, ectera...and it just gets annoying to me, especially the fact that most free MMO's give out crap money for winning a round.

I was playing a Free FPS recently, and I was just making enough cash to repair my gear, even after like 10+ games, so buying stuff was nearly impossible.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For some reason i keep geting "Server not available" when i try to log in :s

EDIT: NVM seems like they are doing stress testing on the servers ATM and since there is not enough people to fill 1 server the only one open is US-East.

I just hope ill be able to normally transfer to europe once that one goes up in the next beta phase.

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry; everything will be wiped. Closed betas always are; Open betas usually are, but sometimes do stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom