Black Mesa...is yes, releasing.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Force Pit Member
Best answers
so this means for people who never played HL1 like me, will have more awesoem time playing?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so this means for people who never played HL1 like me, will have more awesoem time playing?
Yeah man, I don't mean to sound like a jerk but you need to go play HL1 before modern technology makes it look too awful by comparison.

We're talking about THE definitive FPS game, here.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how good half-life will be for someone going into it now. It was revolutionary at the time, but all of the new ideas that were in the game have been used extensively in other games since then.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Wonder if all the people that say they've never played the first realize this isn't going to be an identical copy of HL1. Just the core story and stuff seeing as they said they took creative freedom with it. So they STILL wont be playing HL1 with HL2 graphics.. it'll just be a HL2 mod with a story similar to HL1.

EDIT:

That being said, I still can't wait to play it.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It will be similar but different but still awesome

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wonder if all the people that say they've never played the first realize this isn't going to be an identical copy of HL1. Just the core story and stuff seeing as they said they took creative freedom with it. So they STILL wont be playing HL1 with HL2 graphics.. it'll just be a HL2 mod with a story similar to HL1.

EDIT:

That being said, I still can't wait to play it.
Uh, what are you talking about?

They, as you can see in many interviews, took no creative freedom.

They said several times, that the reason for "long delays", such as we've had, was to ensure it was as close to the original as could possibly be done. They didn't want it to be different than the original; though some things have been changed, such as Zombie guards, instead of just Zombie scientists, small things.

The story, the maps, level design, ect, is all the same, as well as cutscenes.

They've so far claimed they have 98% accuracy to Half-Life 1, with some minor deviations due to the Source Engine.

It is going to be as Half-Life as possible as Half-Life could be on Source.

Gaben himself said he wants to play it.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Podcast 2 weeks ago, had a link to a written interview with them. Where they stated they took creative freedom with it after they missed the last release date.

Best answers
Half Life is my favourite series... can't wait to lay my hands on Black Mesa!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom