Beta Testers

Best answers
You know, I just realised that in any of the versions that have been up-and-coming over the past couple of years, I've never seen or heard anything about "leaked" versions. I guess that says something about the beta testers then? like nice job? Or does pcjoe and harsens put evil virus' or self-destruct security measures in? :p Just wondering, and wanted to see other peoples comments and thoughts.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
what an odd question .... do you think everyone can become a betatester? no ... and thats because we only pick reliable persons as tester.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps it's because they only allow people that they believe are the most trusting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the team choose the beta testers, so they wont allow anyone who just comes up to them "hi can i be a tester, i tested for bla bla bla"

i think thats one of the main reason why there arent any leaked versions,
and offcorse you have to fear metro and masta :)

Best answers
Well, I just figured there are a lot of people working on the project that they probably have enough feedback among each other to really have them testing it. Also, if not that then they probably had a selected few.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres a verry low chance that any of us would be chosen anyways. They always choose people that have been here a long time.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Theres a verry low chance that any of us would be chosen anyways. They always choose people that have been here a long time.
I wouldn't say that time is a factor, grOOvstah got in pretty fast, but he's quite trustworthy and responsible - the team saw that and picked him. And there aren't any leaked versions, IMO, because: the team trusts their testers, so the testers don't want to betray that, plus, there really isn't much to be gained by leaking an inteam...it would only get you kicked from the testing team, frowned on by the team, etc...

IN

Best answers
Yes. And I think that's right to not allow anyone test BETA...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When testers need to be picked out, all I look at are two things: how trustworthy they are and their level of dedication towards the mod... if these two criterias are met, the rest is simple - anyone can become good at finding bugs with experience. And I'm glad to say that our tester team is the biggest group... no wait, the biggest family of trustworthy and great people. And with such people, how can you even consider leaks? :smile:

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you also have to be sort of close to whoever decides who gets to be a beta tester. there are plenty of trustworthy people here also, but still. your chances are pretty low if you hardly know the team.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 words

joes balls

if anyone leaks it they will face the wrath of these 2 deadly weapons

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O deadly indeed.

I talk with most of the testers personally and I will tell you that none of them would even think of leaking.

Best answers
i think that if there was a leak in the game it suck and take the suspence of waitin and it wouldnt be complet so you wouldnt have all the neat suff like the gero or that other map

Best answers
Then I guess this is mostly a WooHoo shout out and well done to the Testers. :D

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I'll stay with the testers, instead of joes balls. Thanks though... :p

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been with this community for over 2 years now. Watching as the mod grows, and eventually became a part of the forum staff. And then recently was asked to join the testers team. It is something I respect and cherish, being able to help out a mod I enjoy and have invested so much time into. I would never even consider leaking.

Mostly because I fear teh balls :rolleyes:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was one of the original non-staff testers, we were told that VT would steal our pants should we leak it . . .

I still live in fear of that O_O

Seriously though, there was one attempted leak a while ago (for beta 1 I think) and we gave him tester justice and pinged him to hell off of Limewire and KaZaA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom