Beta Shutdown

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your best bet is redling ESF. It may have went corrupt when you downloaded it.

Best answers
Nope, 3rd time clean install, different browser even. Same issue. Although this time my computer was running background apps, it actually showed me the picture in the background but no menu items before it crashed. It always crashes within the first few seconds of loading, my quad core is rather fast so it just flashed black earlier, with it lagged out it loads and then dies before i press anything.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

I don't see any crash files in my halflife esf beta folder either...

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Specs fyi:
CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition
RAM: 6 GB of DDR 2 @ 1066
HDD: 2 TB RAID5
VIDEO: 2 x 9800 GT Ultimate Edition in SLI

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The files should be in the half life foulder not the esf_openbeta.

In any case did you try runing the game with 1 core compatibility? I know it shouldnt be an issue but doesnt hurt to try.

Best answers
Got the same problem when trying it with SLI. when i switched to normal graphicscard bus, no problem at all.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope, 3rd time clean install, different browser even. Same issue. Although this time my computer was running background apps, it actually showed me the picture in the background but no menu items before it crashed. It always crashes within the first few seconds of loading, my quad core is rather fast so it just flashed black earlier, with it lagged out it loads and then dies before i press anything.

---------- Post added at 05:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

I don't see any crash files in my halflife esf beta folder either...

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Specs fyi:
CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition
RAM: 6 GB of DDR 2 @ 1066
HDD: 2 TB RAID5
VIDEO: 2 x 9800 GT Ultimate Edition in SLI
Do you have Windows Live? I will try and help you as much as possible.

Best answers
Ok, I DO HAVE .mdmp files!

Let me upload one...

Crap, the forum won't let me link a URL till I get 5 posts...

I will try it without SLI in a moment...

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Same problem with SLI and Physx turned off.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Ok, now I have 5 posts..

Here is a crashfile I uploaded.

I can make another one with SLI off if you would like. I am technically knowledgeable and I fix computers for a living and I am familiar with the half-life engine.

Throw me a wrench and I will twist some bolts.

Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom