Beta Frame Rate

Best answers
will i be able to run ESF smoothly? - as a guide, I can play the graphically intense Natural Selection at a (barely) acceptable frame rate. I dont have a problem running other mods (including the un-scaled alpha ESF)

thx

Best answers
without your system soecs no one can tell you if youre able to run it smoothly or not...

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On my old comp I could run natural selection at 8 fps on 800/600. In the beta I get 30 fps on 1024/768. The beta does not kill you fps because it does not have all those rhings you have to build taking up memory.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On my 466MHz Celeron A, 384MB RAM, and TNT2 Ultra 32MB I get between 7 and 30 FPS depending on the map. Only the higher end machines can run the water maps witout problems. You almost need an AGP card to run the mod, as the Textures are very sexeh, and require special love from the graphics card.

Best answers
muhaahhahahahhaahhaa

ill be running esf at a high res, 4x AA, and still get ALL THE FPS I EVER NEED! MUHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

i think there will be certain cvar commands that can reduce things such as dyanmic lightning, particle intensity, etc

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
except for the vid card what else does matter?

Like I have a gf4ti4400 so I don't really worry, but is ur processor and ram from importance too?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Will you release some sort of system requirements ???
even if i thing my system will be enough ;)

Best answers
ive got a

athlon 1ghz (t-bird)
256mb sd ram (100mhz)
ati radeon 8500

i think this is enough for beta 1...

Best answers
i only have a 750 duron, 192 mbs of ram, mx400 pci. i hope that is enough, and since its a good netcode then im assuming fps wont be that bad conisdering when u lag worse get choppy ure fps just go to crap. I run all hl mods fine so i have nothing to worry about right? some1 reassure my for the love of.....

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I do have some good information for ppl with lower end specs.

First off, I run the following setup:

Windows ME (Mistake Edition, they have the nerve to call it an OS?)
PIII 933 mhtz
256 MB PC100 SDRam
Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

While not totally an ancient setup yet, it's really not ideal in any way :p PCI video is the worst idea ever :p Despite it being a 64 meg card, it still doesn't run a lot of things well. Even so, I can run games like JKII at 70 fps. That ain't right :p

So, how do I do this?

http://www.wicked3d.com/products/wickedgl/default.htm (link seems to be down atm, but should be back up at some point)

Wicked GL. Not totally sure how it works, however the basic idea is that it accelerates any quake based game. Including Half Life. However, at least on my system, it didn't want to install to HL properly. So, I renamed hl.exe to quake2.exe, and installed it, then turned it back to hl.exe. Not only do I run JKII well, I run NS almost flawlessly. Considering even DOD used to be hard to play because of graphics, and JKII would crash to 5 fps in a lot of places, this is a vast improvement.

-Karrde-

Best answers
is wicked3d for voodoo cards only, the last time i dl'd wicked3d was for my voodoo3......it would be sweet if i could dl it for my gf2. Ya i know the horrors of pci, but when u overclock it using powerstrip its worth it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll all be fine. Its amazing what we can do with this busted up ld HL engine thought eh?

Its been around for years and i have never found an unused copy of HL under $30(US). What does that tell you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quit showing off your comps its getting annoying now this si like the 25th topic with posts like this. >:/ Just hink about twice as much as HL needs, no even. USE THAT, BUT DONT SPAM YOUR STATS!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sierra, for them its a confidence thing. THey feel better with their better systems.

MaX

Best answers
i got 733mhz and geforce2 and mine plays all the hl mods i play at mostly 99fps cause me have at&t broadband for internet connection :).

Best answers
what r u nuts my system sux, yes most geeks think the better there computer the bigger the pecker but thats them :) . Thats why im posting my system specs so i can see if i would run esf smoothly

Best answers
i have a 1.1 ghz athalon with 256 ram and geforce 2.... BUT since im running windows ME it runs like a pentium 133mhz system with 4 megs of ram.......ME sucks a huge nut:no: :no: :\ :\ ;( ;(

Best answers
My comp hella sucks. I'm getting a new one soon though :)

Right now I'm on an Athlon XP 1500+ with 256 megs of DDR crucial pc2100 and a Radeon 7500 64mb DDR.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not stats spamming. I was just showing that I have a less than desireable setup. And yes, I think Wicked GL only works for voodoo cards, though don't quote me.

-Karrde-

Best answers
lol suckas, havent seen someone top my system yet, tho I know some people easily can

Windows XP (its quite the experience getting it to work good after the first month ;( )
anyways also Geforce 4 64 megs
256 ddram
1.7 Pentium 4 CPU
Optical mouse, nice mousepad, looks pimped
nice speakers

ohh Im gonna own all of j00 lol
jk
Look forward to seein ya on the lava levels :D (good hiding places (evil grin))

Also if anyone has a server with people that could gimme lessons in hand 2 hand, I would uh... be a mercenary for whomever you are :D lol so uh yeah msg me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom