Beta Frame Rate

Best answers
hey first post here but ive been reading for ages without needing to reply(since may-june) but my system kicks ass(but it is new)

ati radeon 9700 pro gfx card
pentium4 2.8ghz overclocked too 3.4
256 mb ramdac memory
german innovatek water cooling system

anyway looking forward for some ass kickin chess..um beta action:shocked:

Best answers
1) Wicked GL only works for Voodoo cards (and even then only up to voodoo3 i think)

2) Whats the point in making a post telling us how u have a P4 2GhZ PC with (and i quote) a "german innovatek water cooling system" (wtf?)? This doesnt help people like me with lower system specs

3)(answer to 1st reply) if u must know my specs, i have a kick-ass p450 with 2 behemoth voodoo2 cards and a huge 128mb ram - but those stats suggest i shouldnt be able to run any new mods for HL, so:

4) as a comparison, i get about 50fps on counter-strike, can any beta testers suggest how well/poorly ESF will run based off this comparison?

ta.

Best answers
very true if u want to gloat do it off topic, this is for ppl concerned if they can run esf fine, not the ones who can run it fine and gloat what kindve computer they have......maybe a team member or playtester can answer this, hope so getting close and i dont want a horrible suroprise waiting

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cucumba
On my 466MHz Celeron A, 384MB RAM, and TNT2 Ultra 32MB I get between 7 and 30 FPS depending on the map. Only the higher end machines can run the water maps witout problems. You almost need an AGP card to run the mod, as the Textures are very sexeh, and require special love from the graphics card.
This answers your question . . . in FPS.

Do I have to post a video? :S :)p)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
A Fps video sounds cool.
but it won´t be worth the time to make one.

Best answers
Well, I dunno what graphics are like in the game (blah, screenshots don't say that much), but I know my CPU is fast enough ... but geforce2 is good enough right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom