Beta 1.2 Help Thread

Best answers
People who have problems like:

1. The game asks for update
2. The Maps are not ESF maps
3. Missing Sprites and Arrows

and maybe problems with their mp3 player

please get to the next link, it has full details about how to fix these problems!

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=42094

THERE IS NO CHANCE IT WON'T WORK, IF IT'S NOT WORKING CONTACT ME
ICQ: 116387290 OR E-MAIL ME: [email protected] AND I WILL HELP YOU

Best answers
Well my PC is sort of (Well pretty much) out dated. Got it in 2000. So, yeah my system runs on SDRAM, not DDRAM, and of course all my specs are dramatically lower than a PC you can get today.

So, basically I'm probably going to go pick up a new Velocity home (Or game, but those are a lot more expensive) system. And totally customize it with all the top specs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rainer, this is usually due to the fact that you didn't connect to the server fast enough, or that specific server is lagging too bad.

Question: When holding down primary button for a rebound from a throw attack, it doesnt seem to be slowing down. No this isn't when they are a higher pl then me. I was ssj Gohan with 2.5 mil pl *or close*. And the other guy was Piccolo with a pl in the 1 milllions. When throwing, i held down the primary button *as said in the manual* but he doesnt show any sign of struggle, neither does the control bar.

Question: Occasionally, during "head-ons" the opponnent wins the arrow battle on me even if i have it 100% correct. Is this due to him doing it faster than me? Or him having a higher pl?

Question: "Attack of the super bots" When setting the bots on Normal/Weak/Crappy they still attack me like a bat out of hell. Will this be fixed on the patch version as well?

That is all,
Iceman

Best answers
Ok, I dont have the option in my ESF 1.2 installer to use WON. wtf?

Secondly, when I try to install with the mp3s, just after the mp3s are installed, I get these error messages:

"Could not execute the extended prog ESF\MP3\defpl.exe"

"A required dll file, MSVBVM60.dll was not found."

and the installation fails. wtf?

Best answers
o_O

Corrupt installer?

mmmm If not maybe you dont have a WON folder or what not.

Best answers
Problem: I had to change the shortcut's path to "C:\Program Files\Valve\hl.exe -game esf" and the game seems to start but whenever I try to start a server (pick map then "Start") the game crashes.

I found that the game would work if I first start HL then change to ESF mod, but it's way too annoying to do that process each time I want to play, so I keep trying without luck to run the game directly from ESF shortcut.

Do you know any solution?

Best answers
Add in -console before -game esf

If that doesnt work try a different video mode.

Best answers
Still not working :(

As I said, the game is actually WORKING fine, but I have to run first HL then load ESF... since I have that problem with the direct ESF shortcut.

It's has no sense trying with other video mode cause the selected one (OPEN GL - 800x600) it's the most accurate for my card.

Best answers
Whenever I play esf, after a while (not always the same amount of time) it quits midgame and I just see the destop with no prgrams running and its frozen. wtf.

Best answers
Super_vegito34 said:
Whenever I play esf, after a while (not always the same amount of time) it quits midgame and I just see the destop with no prgrams running and its frozen. wtf.
Happens with me as well, try scan disk.

sgtpepper, I can only suggest for you to reinstall ESF or remake the shortcut, if you still have the problem try using Steam - www.steampowered.com

One thing, are you using the latest version of HL? (1.1.1.0)

Best answers
Qestion: I Just installed esf 1.2 and when i start it up it says could not open MCI file for playback: 275: what can i do?

Best answers
Ok I DLed the thing that helps with the dll thing but now when I try to play it says that there is a probleme with the dll cause it failed construction or something! I REALLY want to play so please help O_O .

Best answers
sgtpepper said:
Problem: I had to change the shortcut's path to "C:\Program Files\Valve\hl.exe -game esf" and the game seems to start but whenever I try to start a server (pick map then "Start") the game crashes.

I found that the game would work if I first start HL then change to ESF mod, but it's way too annoying to do that process each time I want to play, so I keep trying without luck to run the game directly from ESF shortcut.
Solution: Try deleting the shortcut and making a new with the same path "C:\Program Files\Valve\hl.exe -game esf", this should work.

Thanks GokuSSJ UK.

Best answers
Problem: When loading the game I see the correct background (Vegeta throwing Piccoro) for a while but then the screen goes black and the menu pops with the HL background (the guy holding a gun).
I have a nice HL background in the ESF menu (Grrrrrr...).

Any solution to this?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, reinstall Steam ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom