Beams

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First let me say...
I love how 1.3 is taking shape...
but would like to make a couple of suggestions that might make it even better looking.
1) If the team wants to stay as close to the manga as possible, I recommend less blending of light and more solid color outlines etc...

2) More contrast. In the picture below, Goku's KHH is emitting a LOT of light, and that light is concentrated in front of Goku, so Goku's back and front should be almost opposite colors (black and white).

I've provided an example of what I am talking about.

And for the contrast... the main light source is concentrated on one side, therefore the other side of this guy looks black

Thanks for listening.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And for the contrast... the main light source is concentrated on one side, therefore the other side of this guy looks black.
so whilefiring a KHH we should switch the sun off ?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree just with the first suggestion.

Best answers
I agree with the more solid color outlines idea...that gives it a more DBZ look...
On a namek map, i don't think the opposite color effect shall work :p

It has 3 suns remember??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so whilefiring a KHH we should switch the sun off ?
What's wrong with turning the sun off?

And No.
I mean while firing beams, the brighter and more immediate light source should leave a more obvious contrast than another light source.

A: Immediate Light Source
B: Secondary Light Source

Last edited:
Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like it. The second option could be implemented for darker maps. As of now, I have no idea if the main light source in the map (sun, for example), casts shadows... or if there even is a light source...lol.

Right now the beamstart sprite looks too "magical", like something out WoW. It looks good, but the one put forth by growler would look better.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the beam lighting you suggested, but the actual beam head suggestion is pretty cool. OB:F had something similar, if you remember.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It didn't work well, though, dam :p I suppose we could always bug dalte and see what he could do. As for the lighting, I dunno if that will even work with the way we handle it. Which might have been the essence of raven's comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom