Beams that kill (an effect idea)

Best answers
Okay, this may be dumb, but what about this:

If a beam will kill a char. just liike in the show what if it went straight through them and kept going? and they discintigrated... or have a hole through them and body falls down to the ground...? Maybe something to include when ESForces uses HL2 engine?

anyway, discuss

Best answers
thats a good idea, but i think that shoud be an attack that takes alot of energy

btw havent i seen you playing esf and we had beam fights?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a nice idea, maybe if the models are slowly fainting, but discintigrate wont happen, that would cause alot of lag

Best answers
Maybe when a person is overpowered and there is no way he is going to win a block struggle, discintigration would be cool. Better than waiting for the upcoming wall 2 km ahead...Let the poor bastard try for like 15 seconds, then make him discintigrate or simualer (sp?) effect.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That could work if the power struggles were redone but I'm not sure if it would be the best idea. While it makes it closer to the anime it takes away from gameplay a bit by taking out the area damage of the explosion.

Best answers
it will be very cool that you can disintergrate some1.
it will help most ppl that play with bots that block A LOT,
so they wont have to waste all their ki so they can keep playing.
20 secs, then disintergrate the blocker.

Best answers
bonerdude said:
Okay, this may be dumb, but what about this:

If a beam will kill a char. just liike in the show what if it went straight through them and kept going? and they discintigrated... or have a hole through them and body falls down to the ground...? Maybe something to include when ESForces uses HL2 engine?

anyway, discuss
depending on the attack and charge...I like the idea of "penatrating" an opponent..*I've already discribed how I'de like it in another thread..*

Disintegratin would be cool...I'de like to hear how "they" think it could work *if at all*

-Maybe You won't be such a dissappointment...
IN THE NEXT DIMENSION!!!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What would be so cool about disintegration? The only person that would get to see it in any detail would be the person dying, and he'd have a beam through him so he couldn't even get a clear view of what was going on. On top of that they'd have to have a different skin or model for every piece that burned off of your character. There is a slightly new dying effect in 1.2 that people will get a kick out of and I'm not really sure people want models that disappear.

Best answers
Depends on how it's done...

I think it would have to work like this. If them beam is very powerful and can definetly kill you, then when it hits you, it doesn't explode, it passes straight through, and then your body fades away quickly. Obviously for it to look right the model would have to be animated to look like it's in pain... and maybe the beams would die away after it passes through you.

Does anyone remember in Elite Force, where you used the secondary function on the compression rifle to disintergrate people? I think that effect would work well here.

Best answers
Yes it would but if Scorcher2k needs an explosion, make the beam fly through the model and explode on impact.
Add some screams to it and it should look painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom