Beam Sprites

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think beam heads look stupid to be honnest, and the start of beams, cant the team put a seperate sideways sprite so i can make it flare out at the start and the end.

Best answers
I you mean like this:

Then yes, I agree with you. The flared beams look way better than the neat perfect ball beams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i think it should be more like this =p took ur pic jimensu and changed the beggining

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yus, thats exactly what i had in mind =]

Discord Member
Best answers
Thats a fantastic suggestion, I might add to it by saying that more powerful attacks or depending on your PL, the staring flaring coming from your hands would get bigger and bigger. So huge final flash attacks would have a big flame area at the base! would be really cool to see more visual manifestations of PL dont you think ?? I think High PL characters should really stand out and give off that IM HENCH! vibe , I might start another suggestions thread about ways to signify PL visualy, what ya think ?

Best answers
Yeah... Less powerful players need to be aware of who to fear. A ginormous Final Flash will do the trick. :D

Best answers
Isn't that kinda impossible in the HL1 engine? I do think HL2 engine can do this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well its not impossile.... set a sprite infront of the shooter and infront of the sprite 4 sides of a quader (outside sides) with the one and the same sprite... in the middle of all should be an other start beam like this concurently one of esf and the same trail... the same as the start for the end just reflected ;)

but i think it will lag es help :-\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's pretty not possable, you nead to mutch sprites in one area and that's only the start sprites.
1-main sprite
3-aura sprites
1-back sprites
will only make to mutch work for so litle detail.
there is still one way, make the aura on the way you charge but then to the direction the beam go's.

Best answers
it have to be a way to make it, but how is it possible if there is always to mouch sprite one place and a litle on another:S

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the head and the start of the beam has a lot of sprites in it on this way but the beam it self is just 1 sprite.

Best answers
Erm... the nature of DBZ already makes ESF lag sometimes, especially when there are multiple power struggles occurring at the same time. All those special effects and stuff :O

Still, it's a good idea.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they should at least put the beam head like that and the blast it self as a normal sphere like in the first pic

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ness said:
why dont you guys just customise a sprite....
because they use the same image for the front of the beam head as the side >_>

Best answers
Well if it's too much work doing the whole multi-angle sprites thing, maybe the beam heads and starts could be actual 3d models, sorta like Darksun's aura model? Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom