Beam Sprites

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see what the big deal is, the new explosions work in an almost exactly the same way as this idea works =\

Best answers
Actually, I've discovered that the explosions aren't actual sprites, they're wrl models, with sprites as skins. This is good though, because it means that it's possible to make a beam head/beginning in the same style as the explosions. Not only does this mean that it's not neccessary to program multiple sprites to appear at different angles, it also means that the beam head can still be animated.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=0 interesting, nice info Jimesu, to me i see no reason why this wouldnt be a nice inclusion for 1.3, I mean, it'd look great, and from what i can tell it wouldnt be too hard =\... but im no coder >_>

Best answers
There are sprites for beam starts. I'm currently using one that when I fire, the start of the beam is all wavy but the tip is still a ball.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea dude there are beam start sprites and beam end sprites...

Best answers
... ... Um... Yeah, we know. Our whole point is that the start and end sprites should be changed.

Best answers
I've never seen a beam end sprite o_O

Aren't there times in the manga and anime where the beams were very round?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry to sound like an ******* but this is what people told me when i said the sprites were horrid.

make your own damn sprites, its what i did, and its much better :)

maybe if they changed it from the "cardboard" mode it would be better.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look, im saying i would love to edit it, BUT the side sprite uses the same file as the front sprite, which means unless you wanna have a weird looking front of the sprite, you cant edit the side to make it look how it does in the show without it messing up the front.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what are you talking about, there is just one head sprite and just one start sprite.
there are no side sprites or something like that, the whole beam is just made with 3 sprites.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ARGH... frustration...... thats exactly what im trying to say >;o~ i WANT side sprites so we can edit them and make them look more spiffy >;( atm i cant edit it how i want because from the front the beam heads/starts will look like crap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
what are you talking about, there is just one head sprite and just one start sprite.
there are no side sprites or something like that, the whole beam is just made with 3 sprites.
thats EXACTLY what david is saying.. he wants the beam start sprite to be made up a back sprite (one you see from the back) and a side sprite (one you see from the side) so that it can look flared out when you fire a beam like the show

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what the hell? its a suggestion man, im not gonna make it happen, im suggesting that it's done for the mod, by the mod makers.. hence why this is the suggestion forum. i dont understand why the idea is so hard to understand -_-"

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i fully agree wid this suggestion it would b nice to see something other than the ordinary ball sprites

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, go count all the sprites the game has.

Now go multiply it by whatever you plan on having.

Then image how long it would take to draw each sprite for each thing. Thats alot of extra work. Its a neat idea, but since this game uses sprites instead of models i doubt its going to happen.

Maybe you could get the team to use a 3d model as a projectile, then add some particle and ribbon emmiters to make it sweet.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats not a lot of extra work for the spriter i cud do them 2 in about 1 or 2 hours, and they know the code they need because im sure it isnt that different to what they've previously done. Its something that would be cool to see, not gameplay purposes, but it'd be sexy if thats what it'd look like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
go start making all the sprites in the game look good from every possible angle, the devs will be impressed.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, i will if u want me to, but i doubt they'd use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom