beam spamming / Beam jumping

Best answers
Well my question is simple... supposedely beam jump is a form of movement...
However some people tend to take too much advantage of beam jumping, mostly when they're beam spammers! ;/
Thereby I think beam jumping could only be done with generic beams! After all I think it was not intended to be a form of attack but as i said before a quick way to evade. Don't know :scared:
I've also never really seen nothing on the dragon ball series, where they would use a big beam to evade! So why could that happen on esf? After all it's supposed to translate the dragon ball series reality doesn't it?
I just want to know what you think about this!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well, it is a form of evasion, but it is used mainly when you are currently charging a beam and you realize you need to escape. How exactly do they take advantage of it?

Best answers
Just imagine you're Gohan, you're the first to transform in the server. You charge up a giant kame while standing on the ground. You can move and jump to evade a little. As soon as someone comes near you, you beam jump away with a fully charged Kame. You move incredibly fast away, and before the other guy can get away, it detonates.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a very good tactic so you know. It's also a means of escape if your stupid enough to get hit by a beam jump explosion then maybe you deserved it. (stupid wansnt the word i was looking for. i just couldnt think of a better one) It's also a means of movement and evasion.

also, the only "beam" you cant Beam jump with is Vegeta Final Flash. Wonder why?¿?¿?¿

Best answers
if you jump on a fully charged finalflash you'll probably run out of energy in 2 seconds and you blow up with the beam lol

well.. beamjumping is in for a reason... partly for escaping... partly for dealing some damage
the beamjumping still might need some tweaks... like the beamjumping on players in 1.1

Best answers
i've also never really seen nothing on the dragon ball series, where they would use a big beam to evade!
well yes but Krillin used a beam to fly up above nappa in one of the first 5 episodes of DBZ tho

Best answers
I wrote an entire thread about why even smart players get gotten by beam jumpers. It finished with Sonic saying it would be tweaked in the patch.

The end?

Best answers
How exactly do they take advantage of it?
They take advantage by using beam jumping with powerfull beams...

I understand it's possible and once in a while a also do it... but spammers who just don't do nothing else, it irritates me... and what makes even angrier ;( is that they can get away with it!
That's only why I started this thread

I wrote an entire thread about why even smart players get gotten by beam jumpers. It finished with Sonic saying it would be tweaked in the patch.
Well in that case my question is answered... :D

well yes but Krillin used a beam to fly up above nappa in one of the first 5 episodes of DBZ tho
I'm not saying that I've never seen beams being used as a beam jump in the db series I'm saying I've never seen chars use powerful beams for movement... whenever they used those it was only for destruction!
That's why I think beam jumping should only be done with generic beams! :yes:

its a very good tactic so you know. It's also a means of escape if your stupid enough to get hit by a beam jump explosion then maybe you deserved it
It's a good tactic once in a while... but do it all the time and it seems kinda lame! Well that's my opinion... I like a game with few beam spamming... with this sometimes it's impossible to enjoy the game, at least for me... o_o
And it's not stupidity that is in stake... because imagine you are the guy with most pl on the server you full charge a certain beam, "like kamehame", and beam jump. It won't just hit the spot where you beam jumped but a quite big surrounding! So even if he wants to, he can't escape! Because you don't always notice that they're charging a beam and you just go for melee... and then you get surprised with what I now like to say as a beam jumper spammer! ;( Or even the nukes when you're in a melee fight it just sucks! ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This problem would be solved by the crazy suggestion someone made awhile ago about making beams weaker the more often they are repeatedly fired. The math is kind of complex, but in practice I imagine it would be a good plan and would minimize a lot of this sort of thing in other areas of beaming as well.

It IS annoying. In a game where the main weapon you use requires diving into other players, it is not very easy to deal with a huge explosion suddenly replacing your enemy target. 8 times out of 10, you die, period.

Best answers
Nyquist said:
I've never seen chars use powerful beams for movement...
In the db series Goku used a kamehameha to get out of a cave before it fell apart.. and in gt he also used a kame to get away from being dragged in a sun..

Best answers
Nukes? whats that?
I mean by nukes when some beam spammer beam jumps, when you are in a advanced melee fight waiting for it to end to blow you to hell! ;/ at least that's what I think it is... if it is not I just don't know what to call it! :]
In the db series Goku used a kamehameha to get out of a cave before it fell apart.. and in gt he also used a kame to get away from being dragged in a sun..
About the beam jump... I won't doubt that, but as I also said beam jumping was never used in the series with the purpose of doing damage, but instead it was used for evasion! :]

Best answers
|_MgS_| said:

isnt this game based on dbz not db?
plus i dout goku was that strong as a kid.

what i think should happen is if you charging a beam you cant move
and if you beam jump your speed should be based on how much power is in your beam you move real slow if its really powerful or you move real fast if its weak.

Best answers
what i think should happen is if you charging a beam you cant move
and if you beam jump your speed should be based on how much power is in your beam you move real slow if its really powerful or you move real fast if its weak.
not being able to move I don't necessarily agree with it... but that other suggestion may be a solution though, I just guess not the perfect one... :S

And I believe when |_MgS_| and I talked about db series we talked in general... it included all the dragon ball series that he and I watched! At least in my case... guess it was his case also! :smile:

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ive seen bots use that beam-jump-kill tactic many times, so it seems like a diliberate tactic that was put in the game.

Best answers
By nuke he means someone beam jumps right next to two people in advanced melee, and then just watches until they are finish, and let his beam explode. Of course, since they have to get pushed away from advanced melee before they can even attempt to escape...*squish* like grape.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's already been addressed. I brought it up in a tester meeting and the team is going to balance it out better in 1.3 .

Best answers
I think a good idea that would also follow the series would be to bring the "growing blob" back. I mean, there is the first impact damage, and pressure into the wall/ground it hits.... and then a big "blob" that expands rappidly. It would give people time to get away from the aftershock of beams, just like in the series.

Best answers
my suggestion would involve editing more than the beams, but it would be good for the game overall. In the series, fighters LOSE PL by investing it into beams and when they hit/get hit. Instead of PL decreasing when you have low health only in ESF, get rid of KI and use PL as your energy/strength. Make beams etc take PL to charge up and fire that way beam spammers will think twice before spamming. Also decrease the amt you need to transform or increase the amount you get for doing damage

Best answers
fakedante said:
my suggestion would involve editing more than the beams, but it would be good for the game overall. In the series, fighters LOSE PL by investing it into beams and when they hit/get hit. Instead of PL decreasing when you have low health only in ESF, get rid of KI and use PL as your energy/strength. Make beams etc take PL to charge up and fire that way beam spammers will think twice before spamming. Also decrease the amt you need to transform or increase the amount you get for doing damage
I just f****** loved that idea... :D After all, it's what dragon ball is in the series... I know I've heard lot's of ppl saying that it can't be done exactly as the tv show, but personally I would like it to be the most similar as possible... I'm just not sure it can be worked... but if it can I think it would improve the quality of the game and the players! :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom