Beam Spammers?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yugi_Yami said:
Even if its a tactic it aint allowed. We got rules on our servers >.> no beamspamming. And if we want to duel we can just pass the server for that. In duels we usually do basic melee only.
Thats exactly my point. You just said you do basic melee only in match play.. like I said. Why? Because beams are overpowered.

Also, if its a tactic that is not allowed on your pub server, banning use of the technique is only avoiding the problem we have with beams.. instead of asking the developers to fix them while we still have a chance before 1.3 comes out.

I'd rather be using beams in match play if they were fair instead of banning them altogether.

Grega said:
Im pulling with NGE on thisone.

You obviously arnt fighting real spammers.

Real spammer tactic:
-shoot big beams as mutch as possible
-allways detonate beam close to someone (one or more people) (Detonated Beams are Unblockable)
-never engage melle fights if you can run away using a turbo beamjump
-continue with first thing

A pro spammer wont give you 3 seconds time to melee him. By the time youll reach him hell be on his way to the other side of the map using a beamjump. And prepairing the next big beam. And the problem gets worse. Since they are hard to catch with that tactic they gain PL more and more making the blast radious bigger and bigger. Once they transform i can tell you that 2 teleports wont help you and by the time youll get to number 3 youll be fryed.

Thats a real spammer. Not thise noobspammers that wait for you to come close or dont even know how to detonate a beam.
This is pretty much how it gets when pro's use beams in public servers. But I noticed two main things grega may have forgotten. I added one next to his beam detonation section.

Doing this racks up kills really fast (multiple kills in a single blast) , and ALOT easier then melee. He can easily rack up 70+ kills from doing just this in a pub after a short amount of time.

Best answers
Splash damage is a bit stupid...maybe a bit overpowered, but it's hardly game breaking in my experience.

How about just absorbing all splash damage into ki damage when you block?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
Splash damage is a bit stupid...maybe a bit overpowered, but it's hardly game breaking in my experience.

How about just absorbing all splash damage into ki damage when you block?
that could work, however consider the direction you are blocking in. If someone fired a beam and it went past you they can still nuke it from behind you and you die, and unless your mouse speed or mouse was good (you could bind your mouse speed settings to different keys to offer different speeds throughout the game come to think of it), you'd only have about a split second to turn around and face the beam explosion in block postion.

Best answers
It could work if you don't need to look at the blast to block it.

But I can't really see this being a problem. The only beams really fast enough to get past you and explode like that have piss poor splash damage. I'd love to see someone beamspam with Generic Beam or Burning Attack :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
It could work if you don't need to look at the blast to block it.

But I can't really see this being a problem. The only beams really fast enough to get past you and explode like that have piss poor splash damage. I'd love to see someone beamspam with Generic Beam or Burning Attack :p
Man i saw a generic beam kill 4 people with 1 shot >.>

And the guy was only SSJ Goku with 10 million PL

But than again i had about the same ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
First off, all large beams are a problem when used by someone who knows what they're doing. Generally, beams are fired into crowds (as players have the tendency to group up and interrupt fights) and detonate the beam somewhere near the middle if they can. Unless you catch it before-hand and have enough time to turn on turbo and beamjump away, there isn't much you can do other than sustain massive damage or die. This is most definately a problem that needs to be fixed, especially since turbo beamjump is being taken out of the next version.

Secondly, spamming with gen beam isn't hard at all. Anyone who knows what they're doing will use gen beam like there was no tomorrow once they ascend (some people even spam it when they are untransed) in order to do massive damage to their enemy and possibly anyone else in the blast radius. It isn't hard to do, especially if one is using Goku.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom