Beam Spammers?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beamspam is only in ESF. And youd be suprised how people do it. Gokus ability to teleport with a beam in his hands isnt helping to prevent it eather if you know what i mean.

Best answers
I'm talking about when someone launches a beam at two people who just finished a melee duel.

THere's lame **** like that in any deathmatch gamemode of any game.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Deathmatch was made to be "every player for themselves" not "wait for your turn to fight". Now with team mode you have team-mates to help you, not stand by while you're fighting someone (unless it's requested by both sides).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
Deathmatch was made to be "every player for themselves" not "wait for your turn to fight". Now with team mode you have team0mates to help you, not stand by while you're fighting someone (unless it's requested by both sides).
I understand that totaly. But the problem of getting beamed after advanced melee is that you cant block or evade it.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
I understand that totaly. But the problem of getting beamed after advanced melee is that you cant block or evade it.
What I used to do, is that if I notice someone looking in my direction who happens to be charging an attack, I would break off from the melee and attack that player or I'll just fire off a Ki blob without having to divert a lot of attention away from my main opponent. It usually worked, sometimes I actually had the knock the stalker around a bit or kill them.

Either that or I'd try to put a wall, or some kind of obstruction between me and the stalker.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would distract the stalker, even if it is only for a second. Yes, it has worked before regardless of how much of a fruitless efforts it seems to be. That's not to say it has worked on everyone as there have been those who just stood there and take the hit or they simply moved.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, firing off one Ki blast is one thing I do, firing off a volley of Ki blasts is another. It would take me forever to type out what I do in certain situations so I try to keep it short.

nge

Best answers
I'd just like to point out that FF is off because it looks retarded when you're swooping next to an ally and you accidently KICK HIM IN THE FACE.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beamspammers don't bother me as much. I kind of like fighting them, because it allows me to practice my quick dodges.

The custom sprites I use are very recognisable, so even from long-range, I can tell what attack someone is charging (though not all attacks - but KHH, GG and a few others), so it's easier for me to determine how to respond to them.

I always pay attention to my surroundings, try to track where everyone is going and who they're fighting.

I've noticed that beamspammers are usually very weak in Melee, so that's what I use against them. I often swooptele over to them, which they cannot react to fast enough, and slam them into the ground, kiblast them, rinse and repeat.

Best answers
WHere do you get those custom sprites, etc...?

It pisses me off when I get vaporized by a blue ball of doom that blends in with the sky.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
I'd just like to point out that FF is off because it looks retarded when you're swooping next to an ally and you accidently KICK HIM IN THE FACE.
Let alone start advanced melee with him... and win.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
If you have a problem with beams then don't use them. If you have a problem with beam spammers learn how to beat them. There is always a way around things, you just need an open mind. Not that I'm saying any of that to be disrespectful, but what I just said is common sense to me. Yelling at someone for beam spamming isn't going to make them leave, let alone beat them. Making the team tone down the beam damage definitely isn't going to stop the beam spammers.

In my opinion nothing's wrong with beam spamming, to me it's just another way of playing the game. I usually don't get mad at beam spammers since they provide me a challenge and it's usually a change of pace compared to being constantly swooped at.

right on... theres a lot of people who think melee whoring sucks too. at the end of the day, the game has both aspects, and you should get used to dealing with both, even if your meleeing one person and another shoots you both. tough crap, thats what its all about. deal with it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Consider this though, your'e in a server where everyone is spammnig constantly. The way I see to avoid being spammed is to do a bit of spam youself, but only in a different manner, via a quick turbo minium charged gen beam around the whole map. That way the spammer will have a much more difficult time tryying to catch you and along the way you could probably get a few melee hits in on the players, just be careful when hitting them as someone else could easily be aimnig towards that direction where you hit the other player with a big beam attack. Still though, a good way to make spammers pissed off because if done right their spam becomes no threat :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If EVERYONE in a server is beamspamming, I'll either Melee them to death or just leave. It's no fun if they're all a bunch of newbies. >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
If EVERYONE in a server is beamspamming, I'll either Melee them to death or just leave. It's no fun if they're all a bunch of newbies. >_>
It would also work if someone was constantly hunting you down with beams, which has happened to me on a few occasions, hence why I decided to see how well he could play "Spam me if you can".

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Beam spammers are a problem, nothing to do with the damage or anything, just the way you can consecutively throw devistating attacks one after the other with prettymuch no disadvantage to yourself. In dbz, if they shot a devistating attack, they'd be pretty drained after, sometimes even resulting in a drop in powerlevel. What happens in esf is far from dbz. Its even worse when they transform, I myself can set myself up with a nice normal form powerlevel (like any other good player) wait till my normal form is as powerful (or even more powerful) than everyone else in their second form, I can then transform, and now im more than double everyone elses powerlevel, my generic beams do as much damage as the other highest powerlevel players lowest charge kamehameha's, big bang attack becomes a nice 6-10 kill per time shot, to top it off, i now have extra speed and my beamjump is not only 5x more damaging but it fires me across the map like a bullet.
Yea. More or less, beams have such a huge advantage over melee. That is why they get spammed. Plus, it takes alot more skill with melee, and more time involved to actually score a kill. Beams are super easy to use, splash damage is high and unblockable, and are more efficient and can quickly rack up kills faster then melee.

If the game were to be played as a match between 2 players, for example, most of the beam attacks would have to be banned right from the beginning because they are too strong with almost no disadvantages. Theres a huge part of the game right there that can't be used in the duel.

Who cares if beams were instant kills in the show. All fighting games have to be balanced in order to be a good game.

Best answers
Beams can also be really easily dodged.

If I see a beam coming, then I'll simply teleport out of the way, maybe give a laser or two to whoever send it to discourage such things again. If I see them charging it, it's even better. I'll launch a disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom