Beam Spammers?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demonic Spoon said:
Beams can also be really easily dodged.

If I see a beam coming, then I'll simply teleport out of the way, maybe give a laser or two to whoever send it to discourage such things again. If I see them charging it, it's even better. I'll launch a disk.
Can you realy teleport far enough away to avoid all splash damage or do you loose half your HP in the process.

Best answers
Yeah. Teleport to the side/up two times should be enough to avoid all splash damage.

Make sure you watch the beam, though, because the guy controlling it could have it circle around to hit near you, so you can either turn on turbo and block, or move/teleport towards him. If you move towards him, the blast cannot circle around to hit you, and while he's making a poor attempt at it/regaining his ki, you can slaughter him with the method of your choice

Before you do all this, of course, it's nice to put him in a good sized ki blob, presuming you see the beam coming from far enough away.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont know what beamspammers youve met but the ones i saw nucke the server. With taht i mean that the splash damage alone kills 4-6 players who are about halfway across the map from the detonation point.

Thats bemspam. That or a guy charging a beam and firing at you as soon as you get thrown out of advanced melee ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
If EVERYONE in a server is beamspamming, I'll either Melee them to death or just leave. It's no fun if they're all a bunch of newbies. >_>
Just because everyone in a server is beam spamming, does not nessesarily mean that they are newbies.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Granted. But they're sure as hell not good players if they can only shoot beams and not react to my melee attacks.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know the best thing to do when you got a beam spammer in your server ban the little **** till he learns how to play like I do in my clan server. ^_^

Going SSJ w/ Turbo then shooting a full powered KKH is stupid you wipe out an entire section on the map with it!

Vegeta is even worse with his FINAL FLASH :/

So beam spammers, spirit bomb spammers are not welcomed on my server and that folks is how Phobius deals with the lamerz :)

Case Closed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phobius said:
You know the best thing to do when you got a beam spammer in your server ban the little **** till he learns how to play like I do in my clan server. ^_^

Going SSJ w/ Turbo then shooting a full powered KKH is stupid you wipe out an entire section on the map with it!

Vegeta is even worse with his FINAL FLASH :/

So beam spammers, spirit bomb spammers are not welcomed on my server and that folks is how Phobius deals with the lamerz :)

Case Closed.
Well im not that harsh ^^

I warn, slay and kick befor i ban ^^

Unless hes beeing an ass about it ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See, if ESF was arcade style, beams would have a purpose and everyone wouldn't be calling it spam. The fact that its similar to CS fighting style, beam spamming can easily be a problem.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy i had an idea that would redice beamspam and still keep the beams strengh while giving latejoiners a small advantage with beams.

Idea:
-Splash radius is dependant on the servers average PL
-There is a MIN and a MAX limit for the blast radious
-If a players PL is higher than servers average the splash radious would move twards the MIN value
-If the PL is below the average it would move twards the MAX value
-The player with the biggest PL in the server (nonturbo) gets exacly the MIN value and is considerd +100% for calculating from server average
-The player with teh least PL gets the MAX value and is considerd the -100% for calculations depending on the average PL

Pros:
-Beams keep there strengh.
-The bigger the PL the smaller the radious (destroys map nuckers but is still instakill for a smal area)
-The smaller the PL the bigger the radious (newcomers hit more people but they also deal less damage so practicaly everyone will survive but loose a small amount of HP)
-Beamspam is cut down and the newcommers get a way to gain PL fast while still not unbalancing beams.

Cons:
-The stronger you get the more acurate you have to be so many people would disagree
-The total oposate of how energy acts in reality so people could start complaining

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Doesn't make sense why the stronger guy's beams don't blow up as big as the weakest guy's beams in the server.

I think beams are fine.. I just don't like it how you can drift and charge beams at the same time. That's the main problem.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gon said:
Doesn't make sense why the stronger guy's beams don't blow up as big as the weakest guy's beams in the server.
Got turned down last time for that soul reason ^^

Best answers
I say kick if that doesnt help then ban. Beamspammers will only get 1 warning from me thats all.

Beamspammers ruins the fun in playing esf. Beams are fine but if u only spam the **** out of it then they dont deserve to play in a pub server. Go make your own server with bots or something. ^_^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Banning a beam spammer is only avoiding the issue that we currently have with beams in this game. Dont hate on the player, he is just using a tactic that is in the game. If its super cheap, then it needs to be fixed.

Also, banning a player only applies to pub servers. What about matches and duels between more competitive players?

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, it's kind of like saying, don't hate the exploiter, it just needs to be fixed.

They chose the option of spamming or not..

And most of the time, matches and duels have a set a rules to follow. Melee only or Melee + beams no bigger than a generic.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tonythetiger123 said:
Banning a beam spammer is only avoiding the issue that we currently have with beams in this game. Dont hate on the player, he is just using a tactic that is in the game. If its super cheap, then it needs to be fixed.

Also, banning a player only applies to pub servers. What about matches and duels between more competitive players?
Beams aren't cheap, they're part of the game.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game", well without the player there wouldn't be a game for you to hate in the first place.

If two players want to have a duel then they should either make a server, find an empty one, or risk being attacked by the other players, since most players I've seen that tried to engage in a one on one duel ended up being attacked by someone else.

Best answers
I don't play on a lot of public servers as I said before, but one of the friends I play with tends to have a lot of kills and very few deaths. The guy who taught us all ESF even considers him his "star pupil" or something like that.

So I finally get on the opposite team of this guy, and get in melee range...he's not nearly as good as his k/d ratio would indicate. ****, it wasn't even hard getting close to them. If they fire, then I teleport a couple times, maybe charge up a bit; then I either fire off my lazers or other ranged stuff, or go in for the melee. He wasn't bad at melee, but he definately wasn't good.

I know what people are talking about with the multikill blasts..I've seen them. And I've also seen the beamjumpers. Neither are really a problem.

Firstly, let me point out that these beamkills happen from a long way away, out of scouter range. If it's in scouter range, then it's really easy to notice and avoid their blasts. Here's the thing: You light up like a ****ing christmas tree when you're in mid-air and sending huge blasts of energy every which way, all the while having turbo on/dashing.

People just need to learn to be aware that more people may be watching than what they might initially think. When you are dashing around giving everyone on the server a lightshow, move around a lot, and always watch your back-not all threats will appear on the scouter. My problems with getting ganked over and over by beams ended the day I learned that the scouter does not grant you omniscience.

One of the best tricks I've learned is to stay on the ground. Firstly, it's hard as hell to see you on the ground, and it cuts in half the directions that enemies can hit you. On top of it, you gain Ki over time as opposed to losing it.

I stay on the ground whenever possible, and it helps. Plus it lets you jump, which is a very effective tool for dodging attacks, since it does not use ki and is very easy to perform.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's also slow as ****, which makes you a target. If you want to move around effectively, do a short beamjump and look for another target as you glide. You can usually maneuver your way into attack range and come at them with speed and suprise. As an added bonus, you're moving faster than the speed of beamspam, so you're generally safe.

Best answers
Meh. I prefer the Freiza method-charge a disk and launch it when they launch their beam. Then teleport out of the way. Then we see who's hurts worse.

Or if that's not an option, turbo + rapidfire fingerlasers tends to do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom