Beam size VS Power Level

Best answers
I think it would be pretty awesome if your beam size (like...the width of the beam) could be dependant on your powerlevel. Imagine seeing a Final Flash from a 15 million powerlevel Vegeta as big as your whole body! That way everyone around will know to either get out of the way or die. But then you see a tiny beam coming straight at you....so you know you can deflect it. Get what I mean? It would also add to the realism of the game. Also, the beam size could also depend on how long it's charged. I think the beam head already grows larger...but if the beam itself was larger that would be cool.

Best answers
Well then that would kinda of changing the attack wouldn't it? If you're not smart enough to notice his pl then, well, to put it simply, you're screwed.

Best answers
Maybe....it was just a thought...but what if you just happen to turn around at the last second and you don't know who the beam's coming from? Also, in my opinion, the beams should be bigger anyways :p

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam size is already dependant on PL. If your PL is higher than the server average your beams will detonate larger. If it is smaller they will detonate smaller. The actual beam itself also gets bigger or smaller in the same regards.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The actual beam width shouldn't get bigger. Because if you remember DMZ 1.0 and 1.7, as your PL went up so did the beam width.

And those games crashed, a lot. And in part because of the how huge the beam width eventually became.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i think it would be a good idea, but there would need to be a limit on the actual beam width. That would eliminate the crashing, and add anotehr cool fe ature to the mod.

Best answers
I couldn't agree more..

And i think if it's done how Phatslugga mentioned, chrashes wouldn't be a problem..
A good limit would be twice your body size, and if you have to charge a beam that big, it couldn't be spammed. This should only count for the really powerfull attacks though, like a kamehameha, or a final flash or something..
The width of a generic beam shouldn't change that much in my opinion..

And Sonic B, you are right when you say that the beam gets a bit bigger when ya charge it further etc, but let's be honest.. is it that much a difference..? o_O

EDIT: And while we are at it, i REALLY think they should puts some difference into beams when it comes to how they look! :warning:
Almost every beam in the game looks alike!!
Give some of em a rough outline, a pointy looking head of the beam, make some of em flash, i don't really care, but make em look different!
Right now the only real difference is the color..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom