Beam melee idea

Best answers
K, im sure now with millions of team servers all over the net we have all been in a situation where your in the middle of a great melee combo/throw only when its done to be nailed by some one waiting on the sidelines with a kame or sbc charged up (lol Cant say I havnt done it quite a few times :p)

Well to combat that, how about for say 5 seconds after every melee/throw/struggle you have a sort of spidey sense where it warns you of an incoming beam and throws you a random arrow thingy,,,you have to guess which way the arrow is and if succesfull you teleport away/bat away the beam. Then its not totally gone (as come on,,,in a good team game, your teammates should be bailing you out) but it should cut down those kills at least a little bit.

If you have any other ideas on this topic feel free to post em.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I kinda like it. You get a 25% chance of getting the arrow correct. And if you do, you either bat it away, or teleport away from it. I like it. :D

Even though I haven't played online much, I have noticed that people have been doing that, and it's really not fair to the victim that probably won, or actually got the kill from that melee struggle.

Best answers
In teamplay,,,i would suggest that only the victor get this kinda thing, cause throwing someone into a wall just to have a teammate blast them is good teamwork.

Best answers
Overall a bad, terrible idea. Modify your style, if you are having long melee battles in the same area, you deserve to get beamed. If you are in a 30 second combo battle with someone, and you run out of ki, expect to die. Plan ahead. Work with what you got available. Take it from a guy who has gotten really good scores (60 and 6 was my best).

Best answers
Lord Kakaroto said:
Overall a bad, terrible idea. Modify your style, if you are having long melee battles in the same area, you deserve to get beamed. If you are in a 30 second combo battle with someone, and you run out of ki, expect to die. Plan ahead. Work with what you got available. Take it from a guy who has gotten really good scores (60 and 6 was my best).
lol I rack up scores of 30 and 2 all the time. It just means im discouraged from having a really good involved melee battle with someone. Short combos and beams are the order of the day instead of long combos with counterattacks etc. Personally, id rather have a good duel then just rack up as many kills as possible.

Not only that, but how much skill does it take to sit there, wait for 2 people to finish dueling and nail one of them with a beam??? NONE.

Best answers
Same thing after you get thrown into a wall. I launch someone, and the traitorous sound of "FINAL FLASH" robs me of MY fighting dignity!

Or you could just make both combatants invincible for maybe .75 seconds after ending an adv. melee battle or being thrown.

Best answers
But you get a big kick back, how are they suposed to hit you at that speed, and if you are trhowing someone, throw it at the guy whos gona beam you, the bots do it to me :p

Best answers
Yes... and they WAIT for the kickback, and then fire at you. We're talking about other onlookers, not the guy you were fighting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u know someone is gonna beam u and u stand around doing nothing then u deserve to be hit

Best answers
d00d..

1: your locked in a melee battle,

2: your locked in a melee battle...

oh yea and your locked in a melee battle. Even if you did see it you couldnt do anything. This idea is probably the best one i have heard... props to you

Best answers
Hib: It happens instantaneously. There's always at least one man just waiting for that melee battle to end with a fully charged beam of various sorts to launch at you the split second you're done w/ the battle. It's not something you can react to, even if you were aware of it.

Best answers
True,,,,i have some pretty crappy cable so im usually in low number of person servers...like 3 or 4. And almost always ill bein the middle of a fight with someone (you cant rotate your camera during a fight cant you? And if you can, there probably isnt enough time) so if theyre off your camera, your screwed if you arnt knocked back. And how big is the radius of a fully charged Kame/FF?? Its huge, definetly hard to get away from right after a fight (or definetly a throw where your ki is probably almost all gone) and some person who was just sitting there waiting for you to be done can kill you with No skill whatsoever. Its a fluke kill (right place, at the right time),,,,and last time i checked those arnt usually good to have in games

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been changed around a little bit already. Don't expect 5 seconds of anything after melee ends though, that's just stretching it too far. Expect to get enough time to say, recover and tele once or twice though.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh yeah don't think we don't play the mod too. The testers and team can't always see how the public is going to exploit the gameplay until after they start doing it. When they're testing they sort of use an honor system since they all know each other, and they try to avoid the cheapest moves, which makes them harder to find. That's one of the reasons they're patching 1.2 instead of moving on to 1.3 . Things will be much smoother after the patch.

Best answers
One thing guys. Beams dont move at the speed of light. Unless the guy guesses when your fight will be over, you will be done, and the beam will launch, 5 or so seconds later, it will hit the area around where you were fighting. If you get out of range in a resonable amount of time, you wont get beamed.

Dont make this game noob friendly, are you crazy Sonic Boyster? There already is invulnerability time while in combo and throw mode. You guys need MORE time to be invulnerable?

If you people payed attention to what was going on in the server, who was fighting who and where, instead of "Dahuur, dars a guuyyy.. wooo imma gooonna use advanced melee, whhoooo anotherrr guuyyy... immma goonnna ussse adddvannceed meelllleeeeeeeee....."

You know what? I use advanced melee. You know what? I dont get beamed after an advanced melee. You know what? I know whats going on in the game. You know what? I dont always use advanced melee. You know what? I beam, I advance melee, and I simple melee.

Why dont you guys stop blaming your losing tactics on the game. Its not the games fault when you are out in the open, punching and kicking for a half hour, wearing yourselves out so after you are done you cant move, and you get hit by a beam.

Dont plead for invincibility. You realize how lame that is? Thats like giving a guy invincibility time after he empties his clip in CS so he has time to reload. If you guys are emptying your ki bar so you cant get away from a beam, its your own fault. Do you not realize, that the guy who just shot the beam doesnt have that much ki left? Should he get invulnerability time too because he is low on ki? Or should there be some kind of super advance script that knows when Im not paying attention and not assuming that after a super long (10 seconds is super long in ESF) advanced melee that a beam is coming my way and getting out of there and then gives me invulnerability time to keep me from dying.

Is it cheap to beam a guy after an advanced melee? Is it cheap to melee a guy who is firing or charging a beam? Is it cheap to hit a guy in the back? Is it cheap to do a bunch of super combos in a row? Is it cheap to trans kill people? Is it cheap to throw a guy into a wall, into his buddy? Is it cheap to beam a guy who is flying straight at you? Is it cheap to bait people? Is it cheap to use simple melee? Is it cheap beat non transformed people up while transformed? Is ESF cheap?

Remember in DBZ, no one was ever invincible. Also remember, that a warrior in DBZ was as good as dead if he ran out of energy.

When Goku fought multiple opponents, which is what you are doing when you join an ESF server whether you like it or not, he wasnt able to put all of his attention or all of his energy into fighting one opponent.

Only on rare circumstances when you know you are safe should you fight someone till your ki is depleted, otherwise, you are dead.

Best answers
LoL....well considering that a final flashs beam radius is huge and at the end of a throw you have pretty much no ki...theres about jack all you can do if they shoot one at you after you throw someone. Its a game, its not actualy DBZ, they need to add things in for balance reasons and for Fun reasons. Not to mention that killin after advanced melee takes no skill and no skill kills have no place in any game....especially esf.

Beams move faster then players do for the most part, and seeing as you cant control the camera while your dueling so how the heck can you see who is waiting with a charged up beam? Its pretty much impossible. All you can do is teleport (if you have enough ki) or swoop and pray that you get out of range of any incoming beam. That doesnt encourage skill either as it simply would become a reflex you would do at the end of any combo and it would necessarily be in reaction to any person/beam.

And always having to move/teleport away after every melee breaks any chance of follow up you had on the person your fighting. Seeing as its a more duel atmosphere now, it seems that being able to beam a person right after melee is out of place.

Edit: and its not that hard to guess when melee is going to end...usual duels go from 4-5 seconds and a throw maybe a little more.

Best answers
How much skill does it take to keep advance meleeing someone over and over again? How much skill does it take to rely on invincibility so you can recharge your key? Did you know that you dont need to always completely charge the throw bar to throw someone, so it doesnt take all your key? Beam radius too big? You got to be joking.

Fine if you want them to make you invincible, pretty much from one advanced melee to the next, so you are never vulnerable while you beat up someones weak teammate that no one can help because you are invulnerable, then fine. I want to be invulnerable when i am charging, and firing beams so I can spam beams like you and all you other crybabies spam advanced melee. Hey Cheeto, why dont you read, and try to understand my post before you laugh at it? All that says to me is that you are ignorant.

Getting out of the way of a beam is pretty easy, if you have ki, and no, it isnt easy to time your shot so your beam blows up when the advanced melee ends. Why? because the lengths of advanced melees vary greatly and its hard to judge when your beam would get there, so you are just guessing.

If you dont want to get beamed after using advanced melee, learn how not to get beamed, yeah, you might take some damage, boo hoo. If you know a guy is going to wait for you to enter advanced melee and then try to beam you adapt. You have alot of options open to you. Sounds to me that none of you try to figure out a tactic to beat this, I have several. They all work superbly, I vary rarely get hit by beams.

Best answers
and no, it isnt easy to time your shot so your beam blows up when the advanced melee ends. Why? because the lengths of advanced melees vary greatly and its hard to judge when your beam would get there, so you are just guessing.
A lot of people after finishing advanced melee intend on continuing the fight, and rush after them. They aren't thinking, "Oh, I'd better watch my back for the next cheap-ass with a fully charged beam just waiting to take a cheap-shot," they're focusing on the target they just pummeled. Since you can't change people's cheap strategies, there needs to be some workaround to nullify it. Even if it's half a second of invincibility after the melee ends.
You know what? I use advanced melee. You know what? I dont get beamed after an advanced melee. You know what? I know whats going on in the game. You know what? I dont always use advanced melee. You know what? I beam, I advance melee, and I simple melee.
No need to reiterate yourself, the lot of us can read English.

Og'

Best answers
I got tired of all the reading half way down.. soo... if someones said this.. o well. If your throwing.. and theres someone with a beam.. just throw the person at them.. I do it all the time.. they either get hit and lose beam.. or they fire and hit the persona dn get a kill.. but kill themselves also..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom