beam boom poof?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ive never seen a character in dbz prematurly detonate a blast.
i think a better idea would be for right-click to detatch the beam. so u can still get off of the attack when u need to, but at least now it will atcualy take some sort of effort to hit a target with a blast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
interesting... i did not know that.... still ive never seen a guy detonate a blast..... how bout we tone down the detonation damage a lot, but leave the impact detonation as is.

Best answers
Frieza saga: Vegeta was fighting form 4 Frieza, he charged up a blast in each hand, then shot it at a moving Frieza. He curved it along the way, then made it explode because he knew he'd never directly hit him with the blast.... Got'em with the explosion, but it didn't scratch him a bit.

I got a video of it.... Well, it's a music video, but it's in there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frieza saga is on right now on cartoon network, that episode should be on in week or so. be that as it may.... if vegeta is the only one that used it... once.... i dont think it should be in the game, or dampen the damage a helluva alot

Best answers
Quit pickin at your ass. A life lesson for you.

It's probably been used on more occasions then just that... That instance isn't even a memorable event, so it's obvious they wouldn't put it in for that one time.

And besides, few hardly ever gets hit with user-detonated blast anyways.... And the few occasions that it does happen is because those people think they can fight without moving. If you get hit so much, MOVE!!! Turbo!! Fall! Zanzouken!!! ANYTHING!!!!! There's no reason to complain about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
shall i pick at ur ass then????

and i barely get killed by beams, however i would like to see more skill put into them. granted most n00bs dont know how to detonate when they should, but a map nuke that u can detonate in the middle of the map should be looked at. so... i dont think it should be in the game, or dampen the damage a helluva alot

Best answers
Have agree with Pain, Wolfdevil...
Some beams have an extreme blast radius, and if the player controlling it does it right, it's VERY hard to dodge that one..

I don't think they should change the fact that you can detonate your beam, but i do think you should be able to block some of the damage you receive from that explosion..

Best answers
Some beams have an extreme blast radius, and if the player controlling it does it right
The keyword here is "if"

Block explosion damage? Yeah, but it shouldn't be dampened. You SHOULD get hurt more for your own carelessness.

Best answers
you have a good idea there Pain but i can see people using a kame like a sbc, so i was thinking that you should have to wait a few seconds after you fire the beam to detatch it to prevent spaming, also the detached beam should get weaker as it travels. Also Wolf Devil i respect your oppinion but i have to disagree some beams are just too damn powerfull in later stages of the game to dodge without great difficulty, I can easly kill 3+ people with a single FF by detonating it in the middle of a groop, also this would lessen the chance of haveing a good fight ruined by some kame spamer.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that that beams should detach instead of blowing up for the pure reason that it makes gohan's shield completely worthless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm ur right, i didnt think about using the kame like a sbc. like i said before, ive never really seen a beam be detonated, vegetas final flash against cell faded away off the planet, gohans kamehameha against cell also faded away off the planet. for the sake of not being cheap with detaching beams right after u fire, the damage from a non-direct hit should be far lessend. remember kiddies, beams are not meant for sniping. it should be much harder to hit your opponent with a beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think if you fire a beam you shouldn't be able to detonate it. this would balance very strong beams, becuase you can do a lot of damage, but if you miss someone can easily teleport and melee you.

Best answers
Uhmm.. no..
Only if there is another way of stop firing the beam that would be realistic...
It's REALLY easy to just teleport a lil' past a beam, so that would mean if you are firing a slow, not very mobile beam, you would get melee'd very easy... :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, that's what balances the beam, usually if its slow and less mobile, it's very strong. This would encourage people to use beams much more carefully, plus, you can always send them into walls, a large kame is probably still going to get him.

Best answers
Pain said:
for the sake of not being cheap with detaching beams right after u fire, the damage from a non-direct hit should be far lessend.
That is....sort of in the game,beams without a ki source aka ball attacks in ESF lose power over time ie PSing with a SBC,when you start you were losing,and now you're winning due to the power loss

What it needs is to have the explosion range smaller,or non-existent,to balance the game a further bit (who would want an FF to blow up in their face all the time?!)

So basically,the beams become like kame torpedoes :\

Best answers
this is actualy an idea that i like. and i dont like many, thats y i dont come to these forums much nemore. they should switch detonation to detachment for sure. just add a 2 second timer before u can release the beam + itll be weaker, like a ball, cuz theres no source feeding it energy in a ps. i think they should leave the blast radius alone tho. cuz in the show, if a beam gets detatched u still see a large explosion off in the distance. and remember... count 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3. its only 1 second if u count 1 mississippi, 2, like so many ppl do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom