Battlefield 3 - Arriving this fall!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YEEEEESSSSSSSSS! What system you guys getting it for?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube;7Rbn0f8Fu70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rbn0f8Fu70[/video]

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The... game... is... friggin... AWESOME!

Runs smooth like melted butter at Ultra. Teamwork is boss in this game. If you can unceremoniously work together without talking to each other, nothing can stop you, except another good team.

The destruction easily becomes part of the gameplay, you don't even having to think about it. I can't wait to go back in there.

See the rest of you guys on Thursday! ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love team based games. Unlike Call of Duty, you can't just solo this like I usually do with a Spaz in MW2 and BOps. It does look a lot better then Bad Company 2 though.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am loving it Deathy, I am loving it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I start playing tomorrow. Oh man, I cannot wait. This is one of the 12052367207 games I gotta get. (Mixed with: MW3, UMVC3, GOW3, Skyrim, Skullgirls, SFxTK, TKxSF, TT2, and so many more.....)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Old news Grega. :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if it can be expected for BF3's performance to get better in time. With everything set on Ultra and Anti-Aliasing off, I still sometimes have FPS dropped to below 60 when playing outside. Might get even lower in 64-player maps with vehicles. And I'd like at least a bit of Anti-Aliasing.
I wonder if 0,4 GHz increase would help, or if it's more of a matter of turbing the VGA. In any case I'd need a better/additional cooler.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.guru3d.com/news/ea-and-valve-in-latestage-talks-to-get-battlefield-3-to-steam/

According to an anonymous report BF3Blog received from inside Valve, the developer/publisher is currently in late-stage talks with EA in bringing Battlefield 3 to the Steam digital distribution service. The rumor says that Battlefield 3 would be available on Steam just in time for the game’s release on October 25.

According to the report, EA and Valve are very close to reaching an agreement regarding sales of DLC content, which is the main reason Battlefield 3 is not on Steam: Valve requires that all DLC is sold through Steam, while EA would prefer to sell via its own channels. This was the cause of another EA title, Crysis 2, for being pulled from Steam earlier this year.

Many PC gamers have lobbied both EA and Valve to put Battlefield 3 on Steam for a while now. It looks like it’ll finally happen soon.

It was probably because they've lost over 100,000 pre-orders due to it not being on Steam. Guess they realized it's far to soon for Origin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dropped my pre-order. I mean.... Its not the game... Its mainly cause I was really hoping for a clone of BF2. BF3 is a great game and its so god damn awesome its not even funny... But I played and seen enough that it won't be like BF2 was...

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Here is one for all you BF3 people.

By accepting the EULA for Origin and that online thing they use for the game. You agree that EA can take a look at the files you got on your HD along with lots of other info and you also allow them to share it with anyone they please.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/origin-license-agreement-gives-ea-right-to-collect-and-share-your-data/
This would be a huge deal for me. Like game breaking even. Imagine some douche works for EA or hacks into EA for that matter and looks on my HDD for my internet history, finds all my credit card info and other stuff. yeah screw that. this makes me feel like BF3 is a las vegas neon E-sign saying "FREE MONEY HELP YOURSELF!"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its kinda like Certain Stores that have a Card that saves you money. Like the MVP card here at Food Lion. I believe they are called like Loyalty Cards or Rewards cards.. A lot of companies use the information from the cards to sell. All it does, is give you points or savings because they are literally making money off of you using these cards. They sell the information, such as how much you spend, what you buy, and how frequently you spend on these items.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was probably because they've lost over 100,000 pre-orders
Source?

I dropped my pre-order. I mean.... Its not the game... Its mainly cause I was really hoping for a clone of BF2. BF3 is a great game and its so god damn awesome its not even funny... But I played and seen enough that it won't be like BF2 was...
It might just be the Rush Mode. Although something does feel off. I'll keep the pre-order however, it works well on my machine.

Also Hellion, I doubt that would work well for their image if ANY info was used for non-game related purposes, its just not feasible business-wise. It will probably work like DS says, just to see how we spend, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom