Aura sound problem (loop)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Aura sound problem

I dont know why this is happening... I downloaded an aura sound from esf-world but when i go to the game, the sound play for a instant then it stop playing like if it finished the time and dont repeat!!!

I checked the time of the sound and the format and it is thes same as the aura sound that has came with the esf installer...

Some people told me that it is a loop problem but they didnt remember how to fix it...

Take a look by yourselves...
http://files.filefront.com/Aurawav/;8683757;/fileinfo.html/11/1

(sry for the english)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't get it to download.

Anyway, it could be possible that someone placed cue points in the sound file which cause it to loop. Another possibility is that the sound file wasn't saved in the proper format that can be read by the Goldsrc engine. In order for sounds to play properly, they must have a sampling rate of 22050 hz and be saved as a 8-bit mono wav file.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
sorry... i reuploaded now...

The link is in the frist post!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yes, this is the answer that im looking for!

But, i cant download it!

Please man! Put on filefront because have to wait too long...:(

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks man!!!

Well... I would like to know how did you fix it and if you can teach me if it possible.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First you need an audio editing program. I strongly recommend GoldWave, however the free version has a limit to how much you can do in a single session. This shouldn't be a problem since adding que points is simple and within the limits of the free version. Now, once you get GoldWave downloaded and installed, open up the sound file you wish to add que points to in GoldWave. A window should pop up showing the audio file's wavelength.

Play the sound a few times to determine where the first que point should be added. In my case, when I edited the aura file, the first que point was placed after the first few seconds (after the initial "turbo on" sound). The last que point was placed at the end of the sound file to indicate where the loop ends and starts from the first que point.

To place que points, you first need to do a click and drag on the wavelength. In my case, I clicked where the initial "turbo on" sound ended and dragged all the way through to the end of the file. Now, you need to go to "Tools" and select "Que Points..." A new window should pop up, this window is where you add que points. At the bottom of the que point window should be a row of buttons, you want to click the "New..." button. Another window should pop up, this window is where you input the que point settings.

Give the first que point a name (I named the que point "Start") and hit "Ok". Now, click on the "New..." button again, give the que point a name (I named this que point "End"), click on the "At Finish" button, and hit "Ok". Just save the file in the appropriate format (22050 hz, 8-bit mono, wav) and you're good to go.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks!

I enjoyed a lot your help!:D

(Well... Im thinking if you liked that sound too like me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom