Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't exactly new, but it deserves a thread.

The next iteration of the Assassin's Creed series has been announced by Ubisoft. They're calling it Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and it's probably going to be released on the current generation of gaming hardware (PS3/XBOX360/PC).

As the name implies, this game will be pirate themed and will focus more on naval battles (Ubisoft knows what the people like).

The main character will be Haytham's father, Edward Kenway, a Privateer and Assassin. His adventures will take the player to various locations in the Caribbean, including places like the Bahamas, Jamaica and Cuba.

The news leaked a few days before the publisher's embargo was lifted, even earlier if you count this leaked screenshot:

More information is bound to be released in the following months, but most likely we'll have a full reveal at E3 in June.

Now, for some personal opinions about this game, I think it's not fair to call it Assassin's Creed 4 since the game isn't next gen, the story is too close (timeline wise) to the AC3 one and is based around an important feature of the previous game (naval battles). Heck, Edward Kenway is even Connor's grandfather.

I wonder if they will still go with the Animus story. If they do, I seriously hope the person in it isn't Desmond's father. Considering it's probably going to run on the same engine as AC3, I don't expect present day missions to be different, but it would've been nice to have more action sequences there.

As for the main character, I would've liked to see a female assassin for once. Sure, Liberation had Aveline, but I found her boring.(not as boring as Connor, but still boring).

Leaked trailer:
The Escapist Magazine screenshots:

Edward Kenway trailer:

[video=youtube;2Z46HXioRhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z46HXioRhc[/video]

Gameplay Trailer

[video=youtube;rhet4KcJT74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhet4KcJT74[/video]

Game pack preview:

Special Edition

Skull Edition

Black Chest Edition

Sources:
http://www.examiner.com/article/rum...-to-be-titled-black-flag-will-feature-pirates
http://kotaku.com/5987529/assassins...sassins-creed-ubisoft-confirms-now-about-that
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-details-emerge-6404553
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...eed-IV-Black-Flag-Sets-Sail-for-the-Caribbean

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree on the AC4 thing. Heck at first i thought is was a DLC or something but now i understand.
The game can turn out to be good but it seems that it will steer away from the AC style a bit.
Anyway...when they announced the new AC4 game set to be released in 2014 with a new assassin and all i really expected something else.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Why Haythem's father?... didn't Desmond die so it has to be a different bloodline?

And yes a female protagonist you play would be good for a change, I think variety is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considerring the ship to ship fights of AC3, i want more of that XD

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Thinking about it, wtf?

Haythem's father --> Assassin
Haythem --> Templar??
Connor --> Assassin (Although not related to his father personally and therefore influenced differently)

What happened to Haythem? Ezio, the rest of the family bloodline (I assume) and Altair were all Assassins and pretty good ones as well.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it should be interesting i agree. But they should just call it AC(3): Black Flag.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thinking about it, wtf?

Haythem's father --> Assassin
Haythem --> Templar??
Connor --> Assassin (Although not related to his father personally and therefore influenced differently)

What happened to Haythem? Ezio, the rest of the family bloodline (I assume) and Altair were all Assassins and pretty good ones as well.
They sort of explain it in 3. Haytham was influenced by Reginald Birch at a young age and adopted the templar philosophy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the fact that it has a subtitle means there's going to be a few under the IV umbrella, so they don't mind calling it IV (especially if they're all closely interrelated). Personally, I can't get into the Assassins games. I'll probably catch up at some point, but I'll give the Asspirate a pass for now.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another thing to mention, this isn't being made by the same people who made AC3. So expect some new stuff.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still want an AC game set in the French Revolution and one in Industrial Revolution Britain.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Also coming to next gen consoles, AND RELEASE DATE LEAKS LULZ!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like that people still give Todd McFarlane work.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;djd2E4-5c40]http://youtu.be/djd2E4-5c40[/video]

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Idc if they don't add much new stuff, every AC game is a must. Although I really dislike the ship battle they added in AC3 and generally "taking over bases" and locations, meh (the bases thing was added in a much earlier version :p)

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well.....that sure looks great. But so did AC3 so we'll see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Badass trailer, but who knows. Looks like it could be good.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah he does kind of look like like the Prince. :)
Nice pics anyway.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I assume there won't be a bow :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom