Another San Andreas Lawsuit - Illinois

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tolore, the point is, if they DID make it TRULY inaccessable, then it wouldnt even be there, it wouldnt be crackable. it just wouldnt exist.

edit: ZOMG!!! too fast too dowling >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess there's an excuse now for all teenage criminals. "Rockstar's games made me steal a car, shoot a police officer and kill my ex-girld friend". Pathectic, it's a disgrace for such an excuse, we as gamers play games for fun and a past time, some for hobbies and some a lot more then others will, but by no means does it make it the delvelopers fault (I could say that the esf team made me make a fool of myself in public by influencing me to do a khh pose and i'd probably look stupid o/).

Why not blame Doom3 for little kids having nightmares? Why not blame Half-Life 2 for your son's hl2 birthday party with hl2 city17 take over theme in where your house get's trashed? Why not blame ea for sport related injuries or making you mod your car in an attempt to win a street race?

And in the end, why not blame the parents, the one's that set the guidelines for a son or a daughter across the world. If it really does get that bad, why don't they just set up an education program to educate game violence and how it really can't be tolerated in the public or some crap like that?.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
I guess there's an excuse now for all teenage criminals. "Rockstar's games made me steal a car, shoot a police officer and kill my ex-girld friend". Pathectic, it's a disgrace for such an excuse, we as gamers play games for fun and a past time, some for hobbies and some a lot more then others will, but by no means does it make it the delvelopers fault (I could say that the esf team made me make a fool of myself in public by influencing me to do a khh pose and i'd probably look stupid o/).

Why not blame Doom3 for little kids having nightmares? Why not blame Half-Life 2 for your son's hl2 birthday party with hl2 city17 take over theme in where your house get's trashed? Why not blame ea for sport related injuries or making you mod your car in an attempt to win a street race?

And in the end, why not blame the parents, the on'es that set the guidelines for a son or a daughter across the world. If it really does get that bad, why don't they just set up an education program to educate game violence and how it really can't be tolerated in the public or some crap like that?.
If Doom 3 had have been rated 'E' for everyone and turned out to be a big demon orgy, then you'd have a case ;). The basis for the law-suit is that the Woman was deceived by the rating on the game's package. Not that her kids are stealing cars, shooting hookers, and doing drugs. That was a well thought out point you made, but it has nothing to do with the first post.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently, parents dont give a **** about violence in video games. If someone shows a nipple, all hell breaks loose.

Violence = good
Sex = bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys should be damned dandy their going after the sex, and not the violence. Imagine if they actually banned violence in video games, where would we stand?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
You guys should be damned dandy their going after the sex, and not the violence. Imagine if they actually banned violence in video games, where would we stand?
Then they would have to ban it from movies too =/, and there would be less outlets to soothe the craziers that desire violence.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Then they would have to ban it from movies too =/, and there would be less outlets to soothe the craziers that desire violence.
That's not necessarily true. There is still the line between the interactivity of playing a video game vs. the passiveness of watching a movie.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Apparently, parents dont give a **** about violence in video games. If someone shows a nipple, all hell breaks loose.

Violence = good
Sex = bad
Yeah, way to get your values straight. This is a problem everywhere, not just in the US. There really aught to be a law stating that if something is common sense, you can be an idiot at your own risk. Just let it be up to a jury whether it is common sense or if the person cannot practice common sense.

Well, for starters, one of my favorite games would now be called Earth's Special Friends. But youre right, that would be really boring. People would be forced to go outside and do stuff.

Maybe our society as a whole is just too uptight about sex. I knew the mechanics of how sex worked when I was in elementary, and it didnt warp me. Maybe, just maybe, some people are being a bit anal on this whole issue.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ADULTS ONLY
Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.

MATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content, and/or strong language.

I'm not getting into the damn details but this is the worst rating system I've ever seen. I hope Rockstar, at least, is shut down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
ADULTS ONLY
Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older. Titles in this category may include prolonged scenes of intense violence and/or graphic sexual content and nudity.

MATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content, and/or strong language.

I'm not getting into the God damn details but this is the worst rating system I've ever seen. I hope Rockstar, at least, is shut down.
Shut down? For the love of God, why?!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
ADULTS ONLY

MATURE

This is the worst rating system I've ever seen. I hope Rockstar, at least, is shut down.
Yeah there isn't a big line between these two sometimes, good thing though, lets me buy more gams on the shelves.

But San Andreas' violence is mostly splurting blood. I am positive that God of War had worse violence and sexuality than San Andreas. To me, even with hot coffee, San Andreas deserves "M". It's a low-poly woman when you can only see her ass and breast, "R" rated movies have had this plenty of times and even worst, and R is ment for nobody accompanied without an adult.

For SA to qualify as SO to me, there would need to be accurate portrayl of blood, guts and braisn splattign across the pavement, seind the actual experession the their faces. The sex scene(s) would have to show every bit of the human body for every other scene that involves getting a girlfriend. But, thats just my personal view.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Growler said:
It's just a sad thing that people go and sue because they want money, not because they really are emotional over the topic. Back then, it wasn't like that. It wasn't... "We're black, we have no rights, so let's go make a stand and see how much money we can get"... It was more, "We're being terribly mistreated and I think we should stand up for our rights as individuals" It's hard to see the faded line now-a-days... has anyone heard of the case where this Paparazzi member was harrassing Russle Crowe, so Crowe belted him in the stomach, and the Paparazzi got off with $11 million of Crowe's hard earned money? Rediculus.

Oh by the way... Do you guys think Pitt and Aniston will ever get back together!!?! huh, huh?! :S
he hit him with a telephone he didnt punch him my history teacher stoof up for the papirazzi.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess in future, Jimmy will have to be supervised by his parents when playying a game with such violence & sex references, regardless of his age or attitude. Why should sexual references matter anyway, they learn the stuff sooner or later, & with all respect to the law, they know that rapes and such other violence is wrong. hmm.... I sure have the urge to shoot these foolish souls, but in the end i'm not going to, why you ask? because it's a crime, but to them, making such games must become a epic legal battle of crap.

Here's a good sayying : "In future, as us being the parents, please direct and advise us better in the near future".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
he hit him with a telephone he didnt punch him my history teacher stoof up for the papirazzi.
I dont understand why these people dont simply hire goons to keep the paparazzi at bay. Nobody is gonna stick around to argue with someone who has a neck 8" across. Its probably cheaper than getting sued for mortally wounding somebody with a phone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
I guess in future, Jimmy will have to be supervised by his parents when playying a game with such violence & sex references, regardless of his age or attitude. Why should sexual references matter anyway, they learn the stuff sooner or later.

thats not a good argument at all, because in the same way you learn just about everything eventually, so why set limits in the first place?

the point is that its deemed that people are irrisponsable at that age when dealing with things like sex. and its proven. because theres a lot of underage pregnancy, which, lets face it, most of it is down to lack of responsability. people need to be better educated as well as having guidelines and limits.

Best answers
This is the worst rating system I've ever seen. I hope Rockstar, at least, is shut down.
you realize rockstar has NOTHING to do with the rating system right, its all the ESRB.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
thats not a good argument at all, because in the same way you learn just about everything eventually, so why set limits in the first place?

the point is that its deemed that people are irrisponsable at that age when dealing with things like sex. and its proven. because theres a lot of underage pregnancy, which, lets face it, most of it is down to lack of responsability. people need to be better educated as well as having guidelines and limits.
Children are usually taught their moral values from their parents and later their friends. If the kid goes around sleeping with everyone they meet, a video game cant be held liable for that. If anyone should be blamed, blame the parents.

People are educated about sex and yet teenagers continue to do what they want. Its not like anything can stop us short of a pistol to our head. If parents do their job and teach kids their moral values, there wouldnt be so many problems. Most parents are irresponsible, so it just rubs off on their kids.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i understand that, and while parents DO have to instil moral values, it doesnt help much when videogames say "look how cool it is to shoot someone, steal their car, and **** your girlfriend when you get home... lyphe az a fug pays da billz y0"

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive been playing games like that for most of my life and I have yet to murder anyone, steal a car, buy a hooker, or fight a cop. Why? Because my parents taught me my moral values. And when I strayed from them as a child, they kicked my ass.

More parents need to start kicking their childrens' asses and stop appeasing them.

Modern Parents
Kid: "Mommy mommy! I want that toy!"
Parent: "No, honey. Lets go home now."
Kid: "I WANT IT NOW!!! RAHAHAHAAHA *cries like a ******
Mother: "Fine, fine. There you go, schnookums. Lets go home."

What parents should do

Kid
: "Mommy, mommy! I want that toy!"
Parent: No.
Kid: "I WANT IT NOW!!! RAHAHAHAAHA *cries like a ******
Parent: I SAID NO!!! *slaps the kid and the kid stops crying because he is shocked*

See? The first kid will always get his way with his parents, and he will be weaker as an adult because of it. The second kid will be strong-willed and will know you cant get whatever you want.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The children of today are different than we were or our parents. Why?

Well, let's see. Our grandparents. They grew up in a time where money was tight in the country--people had to really penny pinch. They grew up with the 'Must Save Money!' mindset, and as a result, most of the time our parents were denied the material things they wanted, and instead were often told "Go get a job if you want something nice!"

With each subsequent generation since the 'hard times,' parents have been becoming softer and softer. My parents had a hard time denying me things, but they still did--I knew my boundaries, as did my siblings.

I have noticed, though--that the parents of the early 1980's generation (22-25ish) have a lot of trouble denying their kids the things they want. I think the new age of "Soccer Moms" and SUVs are really damaging today's youth by spoiling them and giving them certain things before they're ready. I'm sorry, but does a twelve year old really need a cell phone? Or an I-pod? Some parents seem to think that it's (the phone) a way for them to "keep check" on their child.

Anyway, I don't think paranoid disclaimers and irrational legislation are a solution to poor parenting. All these lawsuits which have no real basis should be thrown out, and the people who filed them should be charged with a new type of crime: "Unfounded allegations, filling up our legal system with garbage."

It's hard to know which of these lawsuits are REAL, and not urban legends--like the burglar who fell through the skylight and cut himself, sued the owner of the house. Is that real? I doubt it.. What kind of jury would be THAT idiotic?

In any case.. There are no real connections between violence in the media, and violence in today's youth. Like a certain moderator once said, the media sensationalizes isolated cases in order to get better ratings. But today's youth are quite docile compared to previous generations who didn't have video games, or movies at home.

People need to stop looking for scapegoats, or "get rich quick" lawsuit schemes, and actually try spending an hour with your children as opposed to dumping them off in front of a game machine or TV. Any parent who believes "video games corrupted my child" is an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom