Anim8or - Free Modeling/Animating Prog

Best answers
Models

Hi, I tried it out and now I'm a step further. But when I move the head, the shape of the head is not anymore good. I don't know how to change the shape of the head back to normal when I move it.
And I don't know also how to move all of the models head textures into the same folder as the one I decompiled in the first step.

I thank you for your help.

The Saiyan

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thesaiyan, please do not double post. If you need to, you can edit your old post.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
o_O i really dont understand your question.

perhaps post a picture of the problem so i can better diagnose it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and maybe you can still be ontopic instead talking about something elsee <_<"

like mods say: use the PM for personal messages

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know if you noticed tryforce, but i AM a moderator.

this discussion did deviate from the original topic a bit but from the looks of things the original topic has died anyways,

like mods say: use the PM for personal messages
why dont you just let us mods say it then =P.

his post was at least on the subject of animating =),

Best answers
The shades of the face of my model looks like this (on this picture, it are the shades of a body, but the shades are the same like the face of my model):
Model (shades are not normal)

I want to change the shades of the face like this:Model (shades are normal)

I don't understand the tutorial very well.

The shades of the face of my model looks also like that and I don't know how to fix it. I hope that you can understand me now.
(I wanted to put the image of my model, but I don't know how)

1) And what do you mean with "move all of the models head textures into the same folder as the one you decompiled in the first step"?

2) Do I have to assign the head to the skeletons head bone? Is this necessary?

The Saiyan

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you need to assign it to a smoothing group, or weld all of the verts. (i cant say for sure which is the case since you cannot post a picture)

select all of the verts and hit ctrl+w.

if that doesnt do the trick, select the entire model and click on the "groups" tab.
at the bottom of this tab there are a bunch of number buttons, and 2 others right above, "select" and "assign". click assign and then on the #1 button.

that SHOULD smooth out the model, if it doesnt.... i have no idea what is going on with your model =P

as for your other questions

go to the folder with the head model you want to use, grab all of its texture files, now simply copy & paste them into the folder of the model you are working on.

and yes assigning the head bone is necessary, every single vertex needs to be assigned to a bone, else it wont even export to the right format.

Best answers
Thanks man, I fixed the shapes with the extrute button on the "model" tab, I think that it is the same thing like group tab.
I have one question left: how do I have to assign the head bone to the neck?
I thank you for all your help.

The Saiyan

Best answers
@ the saiyan - i think its time for you to make ur own thread instead of hijacking this one ^_^

and as far as anim8tor goes me thinks ill stick to 3ds max thanks

Best answers
Hi, I succeed to assign all the vertices to the joints. But what do I have to do to bring the model in the game? Because I think that I have to make bmp files of my model. Otherwise I can't play with it. But I don't know how :S.
Please help me.
Thanks.

The Saiyan

Best answers
to get the model into the game you will HAVE to read the stickies in the modeling section at the esf forums. or els it won't work.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
look around in the last couple of pages on that csgirl tutorial for instructions on how to compile your model,

just replace the words "counterstrike" with "ESF" and your good to go =P. compiling just about any model for half life is the exact same process.

its getting to the point where your problem has exceeded its boundaries in someone elses thread to the point it is rather troublesome now, please make a new thread if you have further questions on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom