Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anybody picked this up yet? I bought it tonight; installing it now. Great to finally see an M-rated MMO with blood/some nudity/etc. Not that that's all that matters--but I want a more mature themed game. Tired of the "PG-13" fantasy that has incorporated itself into nearly every mainstream game.

Combat system looks really interesting. I'll give my opinions tomorrow when I've played it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the videos that I've seen here's what I liked:

Mob defense system
Real time non-automated atacks
Topless Succubus
Combo system

And thats about all I could find out from the videos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
had about 3 hours playtime on it. totally awesome!

Combat system is both dynamic and involving, no longer press+wait fest like in other MMOs with dodging blocks and directional attacks combined with a DDR style combo system, so a truely skilled playing will be able to dodge with double taps of the directional buttons while trying to kill opponents in pvp, and in that way a skilled player could take out players 5 levels above them. occassionally your killing blows trigger a fatality, weather that is knocking them to the ground and impaling them, or decapitating them with a hefty swing of your axe. the diversity of the classes rock too.

Oh, the topless succubus dosnt have nipples :,<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, the topless succubus dosnt have nipples :,<
Awwww :( then it's still pg rated 13 if you skip the gore part.

Also since Age of conan is bombing the mmo world like wow did, do you think it'd have private servers just like wow?And if so will it ruin the game?
I'm interested to see what's the peoples view on that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awwww then it's still pg rated 13 if you skip the gore part.
every other female in the game still has a cracking pair though!

And ive just stepped out of the city.. and my god on a pvp server even the nubzones hectic. everyones trying to kill eachother while farming mobs and as you can imagine, it gets messy real quick, fun, but even the most simple mission of "collect 12 items from X mob" can take hours as you battle for survival with half a dozen other mob hungry players!

Best answers
I need some outside opinions from people who've played this already. after you played it a bit, do you feel this is the kind of game one could just go out and buy with confidence?

I played WoW quite a bit, up to 52, then got really tired of it. since this game is basically the same kind of structure, im a little hesitant about just running out and getting it. thoughts?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this game require you to pay a subscription fee, or is it like Guild Wars in that you only buy the game and play the servers for free?

I've been hearing good things about Age of Conan, but I'm a bit wary when it comes to MMO's. I tend to get bored with them after a while.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does this game require you to pay a subscription fee, or is it like Guild Wars in that you only buy the game and play the servers for free?

I've been hearing good things about Age of Conan, but I'm a bit wary when it comes to MMO's. I tend to get bored with them after a while.
I wouldn't take Guild Wars as an example of MMO pricing structures in the future. AoC, like nearly all MMOs, charges for the original software (I got mine from Target for $40, comes with 30 days free) and $15 per month (or less if purchased in greater periods).

Best answers
2 of my friends got AoC and they already quit the game.. They'll give it another try in a year or so, but as it stands now: it's too buggy, past level 50 or so there are no quests at all, some zones for level 40-50 aren't working, the starting areas seem to have bugs that prevent mobs from respawning or respawning too slow, there's a lot of ganking going on aimed at people 10+ levels lower, the PvP combat system feels butch and doesn't seem to be working that well (fun for a game that promotes PvP as main feature).. They like the looks and overal feel of the game, but as it stands now, it's hardly worthy of calling a beta test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom