Advanced Melee Suggestion

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, if this is really possible, but in ESF 1.3, there should be a background wehn you have engaged in in Advanced Melee. For example, maybe a black background with animated lines going around (Like in Budokai ;_;) And, you can edit the background if you wanted. But I don't know if this is possible or not.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the idea.

Sometimes when you're in adv. melee, there's people around you, charging up beams and waiting to shoot at you once you exit adv. melee. If this background prevents you from seeing those people, it would be hard to evade them. As it is now, you are able to see them just fine, and I like it that way.

Also, if the background replaces the normal environment, you can't see where the hell you are, so once you exit adv. melee, you'll be disoriented.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's where Ravendust's suggestion comes into place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The temporary invulnerability after exiting adv. melee?

Even with that, I'm not a big fan of the idea. I thought the backgrounds were kind of annoying in the Budokai games as well. I think they wouldn't really add much to the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes going for the to bright skyboxes where you cant see the melee arrows >.>

Anyhow as said would just confuse you more. Not necesary.

Best answers
I think he's talking about darkening the background Grega >_>. If you played Budokai 3 or Tenkaichi, you'll notice that everytime you engaged a special melee attack, you would have a background that would be mainly blue, with other streaks of colors going around. Here's some pictures of what I think he wants it to kind of be like:

Best answers
Great, it has the effects, but the melee is pretty slow, not like the fast paced action that the background would entail?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
ew that doesnt look good in those pics for advanced melee.

Instead -> lets say you get hit by a strong punch or kick, and when your sent flying, you see that. But not completely covering up the whole background, just some, to give you a feeling that your soaring through the air, and adds a disorienting effect since you were hit by a strong blow.

Best answers
Then you should go suggest that. It could also work for something a lot more fun like oh say...Basic Melee, but I guess it could also work for strong Advanced Melee hits.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea i was just saying because it doesnt make sense having those flying lines when you barely move at all in advance melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom