thoughts

• im all for it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • im not all for it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the advance melee is a really good idea, im serious =p it's just that imo doesn't last long and is very short, then you're knocked back far away

so the current system is:

1. you input your attacks and wait for yourself to attack.
2. at the end of the input, your attacks are then initiated.
3. the opponent will then have to input the correct arrows to block/dodge your attacks.
4. the tables are then turned.
5. amount of time you have to input depends on when you start the combo, and how many arrows were dodged.

my idea is:

1. you are continously inputting arrows, which will show at the bottom.
2. once an arrow is inputted, your attack is then initiated.
3. your opponent will have to continuously dodge your attacks. if your opponent CANNOT dodge any of your attacks, there will be a max of 7 hits IN A ROW from your part then you are both knocked away from melee.
4. your opponent will have to dodge a total cumulative of 6 hits to be able to counter your attacks and then will be able to continously input their attacks.
5. you will then have to dodge a total cumulative of 6 hits for the tables to turn again.
6. this melee will go on continous and will not END unless one of the following happens: a) the opponent can't dodge 7 hits IN A ROW and you are both knocked away. b) either one dies. c) having two (or three) hard hits in a row connect which will have you hitting them far away.

how my system will benefit melee:

1. longer fights
2. if your oppoennt sucks, they can't retaliate. this makes more sense =o.
3. in order for an enemy to attack you they have to counter your hits first, instead of always giving a chance with the turn based melee. think about it, if you want the melee to end right away, take the damage and get knocked out. if you want to try your luck to counter attack, then try to dodge the arrows. light hits will have faster arrows with the least chance of random, medium hits will have regular arrows, hard hits will have slower arrows with the most chance of random.

wiill update more when i think about it.

Best answers
"6. this melee will go on continous and will not END unless one of the following happens: a) the opponent can't dodge 7 hits IN A ROW and you are both knocked away. b) either one dies. c) having two (or three) hard hits in a row connect which will have you hitting them far away."

VERY bad idea, advanced melee is boring enough as it is. Getting stuck is only gonna make it 10x worse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you wont really get stuck. the melee fights will be very long if you are persistant and want to beat that person. if you get hit two hard hits in a row, then you'll be seperated. or if you let yourself take 7 hits then you'll be seperated. or if you continuously pound the guy and kill em. the melee fight will only be long if you are both persistant in fighting each other. if you want it to end without doing damage, do some tricky two hard hit combination =p but for me i'd love it if we can take turns trying to trick each other with hits for a long fight, see who can last the most

Best answers
Sorry, I misread something so this post wasn't valid. I am for the idea but because I misread something I put that I was against it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before I vote and/or comment, would this (and I want you to be honest) turn Adv Melee into one huge game of DDR until somebody dies?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i wouldnt say that. the dodging is ddr, but that attacking isn't.. i tried to make an idea that revolved around the current melee system, which this system is basically is, just making it longer and showing the animations right away.. of course there could be a different melee system, but if joe doesnt want to recode a whole brand new spanking system, just making the tweaks to fit this system i think would be better than nothing at all

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was about to suggest something similiar to this.

I think what your trying to suggest is something like a DDR game for esf.
I think thta would be perfect to have that style of key imputs. Something like DDR style arrow moves would be awesome. Whenever the people are messing up the hits will land and if both players mess up 2 or 3 times in a row the fight will auto end. I wish it would even include things like holding keys for a certain amount of time.
I think this is what you are trying to suggest, if so I am totally in agreeance with it.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
So as soon as you press the arrow you attack? That would cause more problems for people with bad ping, apart from that it doesn't sound that bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, that's why they have it like it is now. If ESF is more focused on Adv Melee then anyone with a medium-to-high ping will be thoroughly, thoroughly screwed. I dunno, i'm pretty mixed about this suggestion o_o

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee is changing around in 1.3 a couple of different ways, neither of which is going to be discussed to any detail in here yet, but if anything advanced melee battles are going to end up shorter than they are now, not longer. People generally do not like the fact that advanced melee locks them into stationary combat when they'd rather be flying around the map like a dragonfly. Your system also is hindered by the same latency issues that prevent us from making advanced melee any faster than it already is.

Best answers
i read the post and i too was wary of people with mediocre pings.. i'll refrain from voting untill i see some more posts.. but i'm not liking it much right now..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
So as soon as you press the arrow you attack? That would cause more problems for people with bad ping, apart from that it doesn't sound that bad.
NO the attack speed would remain the same. the animations for the Attacking would go right away. you know how you have to input arrows? it should be the same speed. if you put light attacks it's faster to input. if you put harder attacks the arrows appear later. so the arrow lagg with the current system shouldn't really change it that much.

as for people remaining stationary, thus the attack animation should appear right when you put the command in.

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=53326&page=1&pp=30

thus advance melee doesn't look boring at all.

and if you want to end melee quickly you have different options:
attack twice in a row with a hard attack
kill them
receive the damage to get out of it.

i mean me, i'd rather have long fights to try to trick my opponent with crazy combinations, where it would be hard to retaliate. but this suggestion was to sort of tweak advance melee where it would be much more fun in my opinion. taking the advance melee idea and bringin it further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom