Adult Gohan (Super Buu saga)

Best answers
Second attempt at modeling, wip adult Gohan (Buu saga)
The neck is not done or connected yet!

P.S Folks you understood "clockwise" what I was trying to say in the last topic but meh, maybe my English is not one of the best. Anyway thanks

crits to improve my work are all welcomed
stay tuned

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can already see that those shoulders aren't going to deform with a ****.

Best answers
What teknik is trying to say is that the polygons used in for the sholder joints aren't helping you out much. They will distory badly when/if applied to a skeleton.

http://www.poopinmymouth.com/process/tips/limb_deformations.gif

That cud help for some joints, basically if you search up some threads on cgchat.com or polycount you could have a look at some peoples complete meshes.

Its not bad at all for a beginner model, you'll get better with polygon placement over time. Its one of those things the more you practise the better you get I guess.

Offtopic...

Teknik don't be an ass atleast say something useful. Heh like in Tryforces thread, explain why its no use / not to your liking, anyone can just say wow thats bad or something jeez.

Laterz

Show

Best answers
thanks all, that's a really good advice

neck connected and right hand much cleaner

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Showster said:
Teknik don't be an ass atleast say something useful. Heh like in Tryforces thread, explain why its no use / not to your liking, anyone can just say wow thats bad or something jeez.
Goku[SSJ said:
's Signature ]3D Animator, Webmaster / Webdesigner
@ Showster You'd think someone who's a "3d Animator" would know how a joint that deforms well should work. Sorry for thinking he might know what he's talkign about. Oh and about Tryforce's thread I explained to him on msn that the tutorials he created were pretty much common knowledge (or) could be figured out by the simplest minded people.

@ Goku[SSJ] - looks better than just having the neck shoved into the upper body. Btw, can you post a wireframe?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Oh and about Tryforce's thread I explained to him on msn that the tutorials he created were pretty much common knowledge (or) could be figured out by the simplest minded people.
True.

Uhm... yeh... i would like to see wirez too x_x ... looks damn strange.. i gues theres a pretty weird flow..

Best answers
yeah tek I have a pretty good knowledge about animating, rigging but I started modeling 9 days ago so I only rigged and animate some of the team work. This thing with the bend a modeler has to know about right. In this case I'm not, not yet

anyway here is a wireframe
http://www.dbzhood.com/GokuSSJ/pics5/wireframe.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
yeah tek I have a pretty good knowledge about animating, rigging but I started modeling 9 days ago so I only rigged and animate some of the team work. This thing with the bend a modeler has to know about right. In this case I'm not, not yet

anyway here is a wireframe
http://www.dbzhood.com/GokuSSJ/pics5/wireframe.jpg
The torso is WAYY out of proportion. Just try to see through the clothing... Well, just the top part anyway... Do you think that his abdomen would exist in the space left available? No, because your pectorials have taken up all the space. It just doesn't make sense the way you have it. The shirt bows out wayy too much and the polyflow is all over the place (not that I should be talking about great polyflow :p) To be honest, the only thing that is human-like about your model is the hands. Just keep working at it, and I know you're a fan of tuts, so read some on anatomy.

Best answers
I'll give you a tip, stop lying to yourself and turn off self illumination, it hides ALL your errors on your model and from the polyflow i see it aint so pretty

i know your just starting to model but cuz ur starting DONT model in eyes and eyebrows, this screws up your flow and gives you lots more polygons so DONT do this yet, get some clean faces out first then do eyes. Heh i hardly do eyes anyway because they're a waste of polies but heh since dbzhood eyes are going to be animated then learn to do good faces before you do eyes and eyebrows, trust me, its heaps easier

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see some 5 edged poly's around the torso, the amount of polygons in the wrist don't match with the other body parts. The face flow is messy and is your waist that thin?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His waist still looks too scrawny to me. Just because that sash has to be tight doesn't mean it should compress his abs into his organs. Widen it and drop it down a little.

Best answers
He can fly with those arms dude. They're WAY too long..

edit

500 posts YOSHA!

Best answers
hmm, i wasn't online for a long time since i played guildwars, AHUM, looks good to me, and yeah, listen to the other modelers and you'll have a great model in no time :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku[SSJ] said:
hi

for fun:

bye
Got Milk? Huah.. ha... ha.

The chest needs to be compressed... it is overwhelming compared to the legs and waist. Please post a side view for more accurate crits.

Best answers
lol! i agree with that! the chest is not good! (line in da middle is to long). other than that i think that the fingers are ttoooo long! i think that the rest is cool! u r a great modeler! i hope the skinning comes out to be good too! (hair is great)

Best answers
UVWmap & skinned done
Next rigging, animating and put him ingame, but first need to finish the arms skin and model his eyes to open close….

Note: The model is not rigged yet so I only fast moved polys and vertices to put his hands down. With a rigge will look the way it needs to look (speaking about the body/arms/hands)

and for the orange/yellowish skins fans

Ravendust said:
His waist still looks too scrawny to me. Just because that sash has to be tight doesn't mean it should compress his abs into his organs. Widen it and drop it down a little.
I find you crit right and large it a bit in width

Sadner said:
He can fly with those arms dude. They're WAY too long..
well he can actually fly right lol (anyway your wrong, pics bellow)

Growler said:
Got Milk? Huah.. ha... ha.

The chest needs to be compressed... it is overwhelming compared to the legs and waist.
Got pics?
Sure I’m going to go right ahead and wither it in width if you will shiow me some refs that could explain I'm wrong

Till then here are some explaining pics:

http://www.dbzhood.com/GokuSSJ/pics5/frontref.jpg

http://www.dbzhood.com/GokuSSJ/pics5/handssize.jpg

me also made a sig with this model + map

stay 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom