Add a counter to esf 1.3

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Just a suggestion .. Why not allow a player to aim how he deflects a beam...here is how it could work.

Hold block, then double tap and hold the Backwards Direction

this is when a block meter appears, and begins to fill rapidly. If you deflect a beam with more then half of a full Meter, then the beam will be deflected at a "faster" rate then when it was shot. How much faster depends on how much the meter has been filled past the halfway mark filled.

While holding the backwards direction you may also lockon to a target. ( your mouse doesn't lock on, but a red box "symblizing" lockon may appear)

release to deflect/counter

and if TIMED correctly the enery ball will be deflected and it will autolock on the target making it more difficult to dodge.

If the energy ball attack is too strong, then the counter won't work.

And if a beam is soon followed by another beam it will also be countered with the same effec as the last energy ball counter. (good example: a scatter shot where many beams come rapidly

As for the lock on beams.. I'm not talking about lockon like "KAME TORPEDOES".. I'm talking about lock-on as in a beam curves towards you to a certain point.

All beams should be something like this.. considering esf 1.3's flight speed.

2nd suggestion why not allow a person to counter basic melee ?

It works the same way except if the block meter has to be filled halfway to do a melee counter.. This prevents spam..

If you counter a basic melee attack you automaticly teleport behind and hit them in the back with a "stun hit" for a small amount of damage.

This causes the enemy to slow down and stop/stumble rather then knockthem a great distance, like basic melee... and yes you can recover from this and not be hit again just like recovering from a basic melee hit.. Only your at a disadvantage because your recovering so close.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds pretty useless to me. Blocking is currently very simple and easy, I see no need to change it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It doesn't change the "simpleness" of block.

But allows a player to reflect beams with accuracy..

this can help a players stop the ki blast assualts used in skilled gameplay

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still useless. All the person has to do is *gasp* move out of the way, just like now. I never get hit with a reflected beam unless I want to. It seriously requires almost no effort to dodge.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This is why there is the autolock/lockon feature.. which makes it more difficult to do such a thing. Therefore, the time it takes you to move out the way.. could be just enough time to change the pace of a fight

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that would just make it annoying. When did you see a beam turned against someone like a homing missile in the show? I never did.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Did you even read my post =|??

I said it doesn't lock on like a kame torpedo..

and yes in the show energy balls have been deflected with accuracy, and beams/energy balls have also curved

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I remember only piccolo and frieza used to do that. Piccolo slaped the beam, and frieza stops with one and and puches the beam with the other.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then really, wtf is the purpose? You can already aim them just fine, so I really fail to see what you're getting at here Jinx. You want to make the game easy mode?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
This is my last response to what seems to be a dragged out unthoughtful opposing argument against my idea..

If you didn't read a previous posts ill restate them here once again in a more "thought-out" manner.. it allows a player to counter.. not only beams but also melee.

Therefore adding the following to gameplay:

It gives a defense against ki blast, gen ball/beam pressure that prevent you from powering up (this can be a real pain if you lag, because of powerup delays )
, and instead gives you the opportunity to cause your attacker to burn ki or cause them to block, which prevents them from powering up. ( A Tide Turn.. in an aggressive attack )
It also provides a move available when your in a pinch and need to recover ki by allowing you to counter an enemy's melee attack.. giving you short time to recover ki and also allowing you to set the pace, as the fight continues

edit

+ It adds more variability in esf

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I was right, you basically just want to make the game easy mode... No thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom