About the aura animation

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Thanks for clearing that up Grega & Raven. Guess I had the two confused there for a moment. I just really liked that effect. It shows how first form cell got all his power lol! :smile:

I do like how the progression is coming along, every time I see it the effects quality get better and better. I'm guessing when Final is finished it's going to have more polish than Krillin's head!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the new one...but at the same time I don't. Auras are an indication of how much power you have, and all of them pretty much look the same...No difference in how fast the energy is moving, or the size and pressure it has on the environment(i.e when Gohan powered up against Cell in SSJ form). But I guess that would take a lot of detailed coding lol.
Technically that was a transformation ^^;

--- edit ---

I like the new one...but at the same time I don't. Auras are an indication of how much power you have, and all of them pretty much look the same...No difference in how fast the energy is moving, or the size and pressure it has on the environment(i.e when Gohan powered up against Cell in SSJ form). But I guess that would take a lot of detailed coding lol.
Technically that was a transformation ^^;

Or are we talking about different things?

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps he meant the Full-Power Super Saiyan aura, which appears when, say, Goku or Gohan powers up to the max against Cell. It's the same as SS Grade II/III or SS2 (without lightning) aura.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the new ones the best, they radiate power and brutality, but at the same time control ^^ That's awesome and just like the manga :) :yes:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We'll be releasing our tools and allowing some graphical changing so someone who's creative enough could do it.

Best answers
Perhaps he meant the Full-Power Super Saiyan aura, which appears when, say, Goku or Gohan powers up to the max against Cell. It's the same as SS Grade II/III or SS2 (without lightning) aura.

Yea that's what i'm saying. I think the aura should be directly proportional to stamina and powerlevel. Maybe at high power there can also be kind of a blur and wind from the energy being dissipated. It will give off an "oh shit he's strong" feel to the game. Because as of now you can't really judge power unless you use the scouter...

And KarredeKNR you mean you guys are releasing something similar to a dev kit? That would be great because the community could add there own features to the game, kind of like how Steam has the workshop.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea that's what i'm saying. I think the aura should be directly proportional to stamina and powerlevel. Maybe at high power there can also be kind of a blur and wind from the energy being dissipated. It will give off an "oh shit he's strong" feel to the game. Because as of now you can't really judge power unless you use the scouter...

And KarredeKNR you mean you guys are releasing something similar to a dev kit? That would be great because the community could add there own features to the game, kind of like how Steam has the workshop.
Was there ever a need in ESF to even judge powers. The only thing to judge was player skill. And with that a good player could kick your ass even when he was 20 million PL behind you.

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Thats true Grega but it would still be awesome! If I recall correctly, 1.2.3 made the explosions of beams scaled to who had the highest power level. Its probably pretty difficult to blend things that make the game a fun game to play and things that make it true to the series without hurting anyones feelings or upsetting the fans.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Gameplay/balance is always worth killing a little accuracy to the series, in my opinion. If I wanted to read/watch DBZ I'd do that.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Sort of. It'll be one of the last things we do but we'll be releasing the FX editor. Obviously we're going to lockout the ability to alter gameplay mechanics but FX type stuff should be doable IE sounds, effects, etc. And anyone worried about people skin hacking or changing FX to make them huge an obvious, don't worry. Doing so will likely not give anyone an advantage and just make their game look fugly. Finding people isn't a problem. Not dying to them and being able to time your hits on the other hand - well - that's the name of the game isn't it? XD

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Sort of. It'll be one of the last things we do but we'll be releasing the FX editor. Obviously we're going to lockout the ability to alter gameplay mechanics but FX type stuff should be doable IE sounds, effects, etc. And anyone worried about people skin hacking or changing FX to make them huge an obvious, don't worry. Doing so will likely not give anyone an advantage and just make their game look fugly. Finding people isn't a problem. Not dying to them and being able to time your hits on the other hand - well - that's the name of the game isn't it? XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom