About release :D

Best answers
Hey guys!

Since there is too much discussion about the release... I was wondering that it would benefit everyone the following:

If you want to play the full game.. then you won't mind if there is a beta release.. you can still wait. But it would be awesome for those who really want to play the game and don't care about bugs and stuff..

In my case, (and I know I'm not the only one) I currently posses some free time.. and I would LOVE to spend it with this amazing mod. But I'm aware that in some months, all this free time will go away.. and I won't be able to enjoy this mod!

So think about it! ^^

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys!

Since there is too much discussion about the release... I was wondering that it would benefit everyone the following:

If you want to play the full game.. then you won't mind if there is a beta release.. you can still wait. But it would be awesome for those who really want to play the game and don't care about bugs and stuff..

In my case, (and I know I'm not the only one) I currently posses some free time.. and I would LOVE to spend it with this amazing mod. But I'm aware that in some months, all this free time will go away.. and I won't be able to enjoy this mod!

So think about it! ^^
You're basically saying "Release it now, I want to play.".
I'm not the team's PR guy but I can tell you "NO"...

Best answers
okay thanks... I just wanted to give my opinion about that topic! I don't know whats going on behind the scenes! I'm sure they are working their asses off! but as the voting thread was still there, I didn't know if they were still thinking about it!

Hope to see you in the game soon!

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for the butthole reply, but that's why I'm not the PR guy. :p
Here's the problem with your suggestion: Even if the team releases the current internal build and labels it as a work in progress, the community will base their opinions about ESF on it. They will play the buggy release, will think it's crap and will cause others to steer clear of ESF in the future.
Take Naiteki Kensei, for example. Disregarding the fact that it was never finished, people played the buggy release and quickly lost interest in it. Even though it showed great promise.
Now picture this: The team never puts out an intermediary build, instead taking their time and releases a polished game. It will receive praise from everyone and get attention from other developers and publishers, maybe even getting most of them better jobs at gaming studios.

TLDR: NO.

Best answers
DUDE! You can't be more right! haha now that you say this, my mind is at peace xD

Thanks for the quick reply dude!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lets just say the Open Betas we had didnt really go as well as we hoped, so we decided not to release them anymore.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Release closed betas.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
This guy is reasonable imo;

Also, just to set some expectations, no! ESF:F is not ready for release. At the current rate of development a phase 1 release could happen sometime late in 2012. A full release wouldn't likely show up until 2013 or later. This can all change as resources come and go, of course.

Told by Mastasurf (cba putting it in quote)

Best answers
Just release small betas....like the closed betas or make open beta tests instead of closed....we loose more interest if u release nothing instead of releasing a small version...

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
offtopic (not worth making a thread): the esf:f will support ASCII extended or unicode like the mods of HL2 (i think) ?

Best answers
I think gameplay videos could possibly be a nice holdover, there hasn't been a video update since May so perhaps showing people updates of character models, maps, or attacks. At least it couldn't backfire like an open beta would.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if all of you guys have that much free time that you want to spend "on ESF" then feel free to browse some forums and look for artists that are willing to help us out, if they will that will automatically speed up the release. Oh did I mention that they have to work for free and actually finish what they've started, cuz so far that has been a major problem for us. But good luck finding one. I'm even willing to offer a position as a BT in return, if you find us an artists that actually passes his trial task.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are the typical trial tasks for the positions you need?

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it's a mapper. Then the trial task would be to create a small map.
If it's a character modeler then to create a character model.

Basically just what they would have to do anyways

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
There goes a 9 year member with 6k posts.... lol

Best answers
So no new release or any patch for "Open Beta Final" not coming this years?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you bothered to read the forums before posting, you'd have your answer.

Best answers
If you bothered to read the forums before posting, you'd have your answer.
I read, but about patch not really find, so want to know.
PS. Why vote for who started in March of 2012 is closed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom