A Throwing Explanation for all the 1.2'ers who take the short bus home from school

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
What the hell do you mean screwing it up even more? All you've seen of throwing is 1.2, so how can you justify screwing it up "more?" More than what?

Throw is a strategy, yeah. It's a fail proof strategy that takes forever and a day to pull off. After the patch it'll be more risky and it'll be much faster. What is wrong with that?
I like the sound of that, currently the throws are too slow. It just kind of lame seeing you spin your enemy around for 5 minutes to throw him. I was hoping it could be faster, but take more ki, something to that extent, just so it keeps up with the game's overall pace.

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
Exactly.
People don't realize that throw's are almost usless now if your smart about how to block them.
BLOCK THE PREPUNCHES
What happened to all the block whores from 1.1? Why are they complaining now? All you have to do is block the prepunches, BAM they can't throw you.
they probebly noticed that block woring cant be abused, so now they dont like it

Best answers
Nah even if you dont block most people rarely have enough ki to throw you when you resist.

Best answers
I love the way you manage to focus your rage into a list of facts, SaiyanPrideXIX. But in the end, it's no more than a vain attempt to bringing order to chaos... You honestly believe the people who whine about throwing come HERE?

Sonic Boyster, from what I understand, you're saying that the throw will be faster to pull off, but will be MURDER on the ki bar, correct?

I'd have to agree that the throw is rather useless... Annoying as hell, but useless... I have much more fun doing a downward attack, sending them into the ground, or an upwards attack, so that they'll have less of a chance to escape a beam attack or something...

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
What the hell do you mean screwing it up even more? All you've seen of throwing is 1.2, so how can you justify screwing it up "more?" More than what?

Throw is a strategy, yeah. It's a fail proof strategy that takes forever and a day to pull off. After the patch it'll be more risky and it'll be much faster. What is wrong with that?
From what I read of your initial post.
"takes more ki to use" - It takes too much KI already. To get a good, meaningful throw off (11 prepunches, throw), assuming they 'resist', it takes virtually every ounce of your KI, considering you never hit them with a full bar in the first place. So now its going to take even more? Now you won't be able to throw someone who has ascended (its nearly impossible right now, you need near full ki, and it uses all of it), or be able to swoop for more than a few seconds before starting your throw, otherwise it won't go through.

Of course, this is all speculation. I'll wait until I get to try it before I give a real judgement. Until then, I only go on what you tell me.

Best answers
how exactly do you drain their ki when getting swung about? i know they lose some just for spinning you, but is there a way to drain it faster?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It takes about, give or take, 50% of your ki right now to throw somebody of the same PL maximum distance (full bar). After you throw them you just charge right back up to full, so it's like nothing ever happened. After the patch if someone is resisting it'll take about 75% of your ki to do that, a little less maybe. If he doesn't resist for about a second (if he's caught off guard) it's only about 50%.

Best answers
So wait a second, I've looked over the manual a few times, and it DOES mention blocking prepunches, but I can't find where it says how. Can anyone give me a quick summary on how it's done?

Best answers
You just hold down q (by default) before the guy swoops into you. He'll still prepunch you, but you'll take reduced damage from those. You'll see your character in the blocking position instead of being smacked about.

If he goes into combo time (left click) he has fewer attacks than usual. You still have to block those the normal way (by matching the arrow).

If he tries to throw you, there'll be an effect, and you'll automatically disengage.

So, basically, if you have no ki left and there's no way to escape, face him and hold down block to recieve less of a beating than you would normally. Just be warned that if he gets you at an angle (i.e. you're facing forward but he attacks you from the side) your block might not work.

Best answers
i know how to block the prepunches, but people are saying you can "drain their ki" by resisting and I'd like to know how to do that

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
ZariusZer0 said:
i know how to block the prepunches, but people are saying you can "drain their ki" by resisting and I'd like to know how to do that
only bots can drain pl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's draining their KI, not PL, in the sense that they lose more of it if you hold down left-click, because you're resisting, so it takes more of their energy.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:

Totally agree here!

I find it nonense to say throwing is for noobs, if they do it all the time its annoying, but as said above you can block it and with this tweak people will throw prob abit less.

I throw when i see a wall next to me to hit that bugger to the wall, simply because i love to see him get stuck into the wall :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also, when you're dealing with two players who know how to walljump well and know the counters for the throw, it makes the fights very interesting now.

Best answers
Why do people only throw others onto a straight surface? If you angle it, the victim rolls instead. If they roll, they can't walljump. If they can't walljump, they probably can't escape the turbo'd generic ball that's headed for their ugly butt.

The downside is that it's harder to predict where they'll end up, but it's still worth doing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe the wall impact does more damage, but I might be wrong. Besides that--on the assumption you catch them offguard (which can be done with the faster 1.2.1 throw) you can fling them into the wall and actually have a better chance of hitting them with a generic blast or what have you.

My fav is when people fling me straight down. Because a double-tap of the jump key swoops me right back into them and I break their ass in. Hehe.

Best answers
I can't tell you whether it does more damage or not...it would be nice if someone in the know could tell us. But to get a gen ball in, you have to throw them from the right range, something that can be hard to gauge. Otherwise, they get just enough time to jump off or up - it's just a bit of a risk, IME. Especially as you can swoop directly after a wall jump, whereas there's a split second before you pick yourself off the ground.

Not to mention the disorientation of rolling around, bouncing off cliff faces and falling off of ledges. It;s easier to get your bearings if you travel in a straight line.

My favourite is when someone throws me, without realising that I actually have to hit something to take damage from being thrown. I usually show them my gratitude soon after...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom