A Simple Suggestion about the villains.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Ok, Since the villains transformations are frowned upon by a lot of people, I had a small suggestion.

For instance, once cell or buu transform, everyone else will completely murder them in a power struggle, because their powerlevel doesn't go up as fast becasuse of teh 1.5 multiplier, and them not being able to descend, so here is my suggestion.

Perhaps try boosting their transformation power multiplier to 2.0, 2.5(2.5 sounds like a bit much) or anything seen fit. I also think that it kind of has a DBZ storyline-ish atmosphere.

My explanation? Read this.

In DBZ when a person transformed it would take a stronger person to kill them, they wou ld be a bit stronger than the others. Thus, the villain has a small advantage.

But people will ptuup an argument on how Buu will completely annihilate with his Mouthblast, I think that in time the other people can transform and be able to maneuver around that.

More specifically I was thinking of somewhere between 2.5 and 3.0. maybe 2.7. I can see how these appear as a bit of a 'huge' PL Multiplier, but I think that the others that can transform "normally" will be able to adjust.

As for Frieza, Hm, either keeping him the same or just raising him to a multiplier of 2.0.
(still working on a frieza suggestion, I might post later)

And with that, I hope you don't hate me. :D

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Frieza should stay the same because as of now he's in his first and second form. Wait until the start putting in transformations for him, then worry about it.

Best answers
Frieza should be a 2.0 multiplier. The permanents should be 2.5. I think it makes sense, I mean, permanents cant gain PL as fast as un-permanents.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ya it should be better that way,I think?

Best answers
yay.. i totally agree.. i never choose a char that have a permanent trans because they gain pl that slow.. except buu of cause - Candy =P

Best answers
Give Frieza 2.0 or maybe 2.3 ... thats whould be balanced for now + he'll have the telekinesis attack :D

As for 1.3 ... the ESF team will surely re-do the multipliers as they add more trans ... :)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hm, Sonic Boyster pointed out to me that Buu can gain PL after transormation (aside from hitting people) So I've been trying to think of a way for krillin and cell to gain some Power after they transform, here is my additional suggestion.

Cell would probably need some kind of absorbtion attack, but that has been suggested many times before so I'll leave that alone.

Krillin..hmm.. I would say finding a way to temporarily raise his power level.

Such as, "charging"a higher powerlevel. Maybe give krillin 3-6 seconds to charge, while his PL rises. But after he stops charging, the PL steadilydrops to its normal state. His speed will not raise, just an additional PL boost to help him out. IT lasts until his PL drops to his normal state, or he is killed.

So in a way make this 'charge PL' an attack, and when you charge it he yells or something like they do in DBZ.

I'll be working on a more in depth plan, but that is all I have for now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
un-permenant the trans, done. might not be accurate to dbz but so what.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's good the way it is ...

I would suggest to give Buu a 1.2 multiplier, because evil buu was just a lil bti stronger than fat buu ... his trans if permanent, because it would suck it you're a buu and have to transform again and again ... it's not like DBZ ...
also ... if a good player takes Buu, he's Evil buu as soon as the first Gohan is able to transform ... Gohan has 2 Mill then ... Buu (starts with 1.5) would have 6-9 Mill then ...

Frieza ... I'm not sure about him ... in DBZ it was 2x multiplier and permanent ... maybe it sucked when the team played it

Cell ... Cell form2 was permanent and was more a 1.5 multiplier than the a 2x ... I think the perfect one will be a 2x because perfect cell rocked

Krillin ... he's the special char ... because he has no "real" transformation ... so the team made him special ... late transforming, 2x multiplier (cause of this) and uber speed (also cause of this)

everything has a reason

Best answers
im still confused on why some characters got a 2x multiplier and other were given 1.5

i know that Goku, vegeta, gohan & trunks when they turned SSJ were uber strong...

but this is a game not a DBZ simulator...

having characters with advantages over others is kinda unfair... sure its realistic to the show but unfair to players who like to chose non SSJ characters...

im not complaining im content with the PL as they are... if your good enough PL means nothing...

but ive been on loads of servers and lots of newish players (not Noobs!) are complaing that SSJ characters have a too high advantage...

i used to say that if you practice you dont need the highest PL to win a battle

but after reading this post i can understand what they were saying...

mabey a rethink of the PL multipliers would be a good idea...

i'll be quiet now :rolleyes:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Magmus hit the nail dead-on, I mean, it's completely unfair once you are cell form2 and any given time you'll enter a power struggle you'll get your ass handed to you.

But then again I guess you'll have to rely on melee with those characters until new transformations. :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for the record, i dont think friezas and cells transformations were permemant.

frieza is a changeling and they said he used lower forms to conserve energy. well how would he know if he had any other forms if he had never used them before. o_O
i think friezas trans are more along the lines of a series of smaller ssj transformations. he can go back and fourth.

as for cell, gohan knocked an android right outa him, thus making it not permemant.o_O

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's simple enough to me; the permanent transformation characters need *some* way to gain power level faster than those characters without permanent transformations. Even if you made the multiplier 50 for Cell, within seven or eight deaths he'd be back at everyone else's level, and then from there he'd just get weaker than everyone else. Buu is *fine* in my opinion because of his superior speed, health, and his ability to make donuts which (if used liberally) can keep him up around everyone else's power level. Cell lacks the speed, health, and absorb attack. Krillin lacks the absorb attack but he has insane speed. Unfortunately insane speed doesn't really keep his powerlevel up near anybody else's. It's still easy to get blown up by stray kames every so often, and once you do, pow, lose around a million PL.

For Buu: Buu needs to be toned *down* in my opinion. Takes almost twice as many hits to put down than Cell or Frieza and has more speed / an absorb/regen attack; however, this thread isn't about toning down Buu, so I wont make any suggestions.

For Krillin: Krillin needs... something. Speed is great, but Krillin is far too fast for most players. You'll end up swooping around someone, or straight into someone, which usually causes you great pain. He can't regen and his power level sinks like a rock from his deaths before and after transformation. His 2x multiplier is stripped away as soon as he's killed for the first time (if the server average is 3 million and he transforms to 6 million, the next time he's killed he'll probably lose a million, which made that 2x multiplier worthless). Would it be possible to change the melee/Pl transfer code for Krillin so that he would gain more PL for each point of damage he inflicted on his opponents after transformation? That might be asking too much, but I think that could really go a long way as an equalizer. Make it so that Krillin gains twice as much PL as everybody else from using melee (though I wouldn't advise beams, although I'm sure it's the same code at work) and he would be able to stay a little closer to the top after being knocked around for a little while.

For Cell: Cell is a friggin mess, there's no way around that. One of two things: 1.) Give Cell a weak absorb attack until he hits perfect (There have been many threads on this. I'd say make it 30-50% as effective as Buu's, and no health regen option. He doesn't need that much PL. It should be a challenge to hit that second transformation.) He'd still be slower than the other permanently transformed characters, and with a fraction of the health, but at least he would have a chance (if the player was decent) of reaching his second transformation around the same time as everybody else.
2.) Make Perfect Cell the most or second most powerful transformation in the game to make craptastic Cell form 2 worth dealing with. It is undisputed that Cell form 2 is the absolute worst transformation, and so 3 should reflect the hell you had to go through to reach the required PL using 2. What use is having everyone else's signature attacks if you can't win any power struggles or blow up anybody who's blocking because your PL is so low?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom