A Mech related idea...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, im about to start my first model for the mod, Ill post a pic when I got some of it done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We oughta wait for HL2 for this. It'll be a much better engine for Mechs.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its a really cool idea. It would be nice fast paced action with long range weapons at hand. I would definantly try it out.

Best answers
Ya im still up for it cuz ive seen some more stuff on it and i think it would be great! If it involves mechs then look at my sig.. :laff: :devgrin: {a lil joke for all of you who take it seriously :S }

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And moving on, I have another question relative to the topic... the melee outline is 90% done, but then a few people weren't pretty pleased with this. So here's the next question (if you wish to answer it): What sort of melee would you prefer? Something fast paced or slower and more complex?

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'd go with slower and complex, since I've never seen mechs moving with the speed of light :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go for fast passed. We can do complex with both fast, or slow, but fast is always better.

Best answers
Well I prefer depending on the mech. The heavy mech would go slow but have massive damage with it's weapons. While the faster mechs are more agile but their weapons are weaker.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Slow paced definatly, It would just be illogical to see a mech fighting like a dbz fighter. Plus a more complex melee system sounds better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both fast paced and slow paced.

Different modes of play perhaps, like 'real world' on a planet surface with huge mech, slow paced. This would be Team or FFA.

'Arena' mode with small agile human-structured mechs, fast paced. Duel like in JK2.

Best answers
Man i like it fast paced. ya you like that ya ya ya ya ya ya ya!!!!!!!!!!....o sry heh. Anyway umm id say medium cuz im always in da middle for anything. Cuz i cant choose really. so i would go with Gman on that one.

Best answers
would it be a mech assualt type thing or zoids or gundam or a mix of all 3?

Best answers
grOOvy said:
Um, ok I am starting a mod with some friends of mine... and I am making this thread to ask the public's opinion.

Note: This is not advertising as no links/information is given - this is just a public question, I am well versed in the forum rules.

---

Ok here's the idea. Supposing there was a Half-Life 1 mod based on Mechs... (gundam/macross types) - which is a really fast paced game based on basic gun and beam firing, and melee something like esf beta 1.0's.... "something" like that, not exactly like it.

So what would your opinion be on this? I mean the "public's" opinion. Would you play such a mod, or would you not?

Thanks for posting in advance, if you do o_O...

EDIT: to GMAN's post, i think the SPACE maps should be slow and the ones on the planet would be FAST

HELL YEAH! MECHS PWN ALL!!!!!!!!

oh by the way, make the Wing Gundam, Wing Zero, and Wing Zero Custom!!!!!

BE SURE TO INCLUDE BIRD/NEO BIRD MODE!!!!!!!yeah

then you would put in the shoulder vulcans, the beam rifles, and the beam sabres......BE SURE TO MAKE THE SABRE's HUUUUUGE!

also, make it so that you can 'fly' for a short time on afterburners, then you will land back down and regain a fuel......and then you can get upgrades for every few kills or something, so you can fly permantly.......

but if you have mechs like the Wing Zero, etc. etc., make it so they can change into the Neo Bird mode and stuff so you can fly, and yet, you get to fire the beam rifles to fire in bird mode!!! YEAH!!!

Best answers
Un1imi73d said:
We are MAKING OUR OWN mechs..
oh, sorry..........

*starts to shake then squats down and cries*

WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol.....

jk......

dude..

its a JOKE!.....................

aight.............................

l8s yo........