A Mech related idea...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, ok I am starting a mod with some friends of mine... and I am making this thread to ask the public's opinion.

Note: This is not advertising as no links/information is given - this is just a public question, I am well versed in the forum rules.

---

Ok here's the idea. Supposing there was a Half-Life 1 mod based on Mechs... (gundam/macross types) - which is a really fast paced game based on basic gun and beam firing, and melee something like esf beta 1.0's.... "something" like that, not exactly like it.

So what would your opinion be on this? I mean the "public's" opinion. Would you play such a mod, or would you not?

Thanks for posting in advance, if you do o_O...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can that chick in ur sig be a character?

sure i would...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mech's are cool. I like them.

A MechMod isn't a bad idea, so good luck with it, you have my support

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i get a preview of the banner :eek: lol
not a bad idea, i would play it
edit: heres the preview

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when mechs melee they usualy have an energy sword or something and slice a large chunk out of the opposing mech. that could be a melee finishing move *shrug*

sure id play it. hard to say if i would keep up with it. never know how these things will turn out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmmm.....
since i swallowed all NGE episodes and mangas i think this would be a nice idea :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how could you resist teh idea? i couldnt, so im teh team animator, oh goodeh :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
me and shijing were talking:

heres some stuff:
(this would be how you do a combo)
lets say your close to someone, and wanna throw them, you would press W, then a, then s, then right click to grab, and throw someone
(this would be how you upgrade)
every 5 kills, you get to get a new part, And when you have enough parts to meet a requirment you change,so people can customize thier mech with speed/power.

Things are still being hammered out.

BTW, I model :O

Best answers
So basically the upgrade system will be like with Armor Core and the parts? Or are there only going to be internal parts? Or is it you just obtain the part? Bah, now i'm confusing myself. Well for one thing, i luv the combo idea :) .

Best answers
I would play it. It sounds interesting, and I'm a big fan of mechs. But is it going to be just all of the mechs crammed into one? Becuase it'll be hard for one to choose just 8 or so mechs out of all of them. Which ones would you pick? Deathscythe had better be part of them!

Best answers
Ya i would think it would be a good idea. Gl on it buddy cuz i would play it. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think were making up our own mechs. People can always make thier own and put it into the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool idea, but there are plenty of mechwarrior games out there, i dont really like gundam type games, becuase it's usually just a 3rd person shooter with a different model. The mechwarrior games were almost like simulations compared to the otehr games. Basically i don't know if you could make a better mod than mechwarrior games, But if you can more power to you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont worry, this mod is going to be different then any other mech war.

Were not only guns, but swords, and meele, and its going to be in 3rd person and you can switch into 1st person (like TS)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
theres no way in hellz0r any mod starting now can come out before hl2 so why bother making it for hl1? wouldnt it be easyer and better to wait for hl2 and do the mod on that..

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am open to all mods, there's no doubt about that. But, this concept sounds intriguing, so I'd say I'd definitely give it a whirl!

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
theres no way in hellz0r any mod starting now can come out before hl2 so why bother making it for hl1? wouldnt it be easyer and better to wait for hl2 and do the mod on that..
Basically because the team decided that it wants an early alpha release for the public. If we wait for HL2, that means waiting for the sdk, then studying and understanding the sdk = slightly different coding, getting on a different mapping/modelling engine, etc.

We will port over to HL2 later, but as of now, HL1 has a bigger fan base and we're sticking to it.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as long as it ports to HL2 when its out and such, I'd play it, I like Mechas so woot

*vote Sephiroth*

Best answers
Lord Killmore said:
hmmmmm.....
since i swallowed all NGE episodes and mangas i think this would be a nice idea :)
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, f00?

[SPOILER FOR NGE] Evangelion ain't no mech anime/manga. [/SPOILER FOR NGE]

With that out of the way, I'd definitely download and play this, though I'm no Gundam fan (they're way too bulky for my tastes (though I do like Deathscythe H Custom)). So, I wish you good luck. Original mechs sound good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom