A little sugestion for the MGS series...

Best answers
Hi!
I think Konami should make a re-make of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 (NOT METAL GeAR SOLID AND METAL GEAR SOLID 2)... a good, well made remake would have a huge success don't you think?

Best answers
Indeed, I think it would be a good move for Konami to release all of the old Metal Gear games on the PsP, maybe with a little better graphics.

Best answers
that would be sweet to play the MSX version of MG1 and MG2: SS with the graphics of Metal gear solid : 3

Best answers
yeah and a bit of a deeper story, or a gameboy advance version at least...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it'd be really cool if they let an american help on the game once in a while. David Hayter--the voice of Solid Snake--is actually an accomplished american screenwriter, I believe. It would be nice for me personally if my all american hero Solid Snake wasn't constantly fighting such far-fetched MegaMan X reject villains.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I think it'd be really cool if they let an american help on the game once in a while. David Hayter--the voice of Solid Snake--is actually an accomplished american screenwriter, I believe. It would be nice for me personally if my all american hero Solid Snake wasn't constantly fighting such far-fetched MegaMan X reject villains.
i know dave is script writer. IIRC he did x-men and the hulk i hread rummors that he is trying to sell a metal gear movie to WB.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
David Hayter is also the ****ing man because he is Solid Snake.

The "Dave and Hal" ending makes a lot more sense when you remember his name in RL is David. He's done a lot of stuff around, actually. I think he even pitched an AVP script.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This is what i always really wanted. Twin Snakes was a waste. I never got to play the originals, i just picked up the story from mgs, and now i dont think i could actually sit through such an outdated game. So an updated version based off of mgs2 would pwn.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
definatly would love this
... except this time they should take thier heads out of thier asses and release a remake for the ps2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A remake would be awesome. The plot in MGS2 was so incredibly retarded that I'm not even sure they could make a sequel to it, so this could be an excuse to delay that. MGS3 is in fact a prequel, after all.

They confused the hell out of themselves, let's face it. The plot was like 8 different people backstabbing each other, followed by some obscure crap involving "controlling the web" because the information was "too free", 20 completely messed up plot twists, and then at the end they have this corny samurai fight (wtf?!) that ruined any modern war feeling that was left.

Instead of some kind of badass with exploding robots they have this corny speech about teaching your children and crap... wtf?

"Raiden... there's more to life than passing on your genes. . .We need to pass on our culture, our experiences, our. . ." STFU AND SNAP SOME NECKS. What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Stop trying to be so deep, you're Solid Snake!

Sorry but... ugh. Game was going good until everything went nuts.

Best answers
I dunno. I think your all being a little too hard on the current MGS series. Sure Raiden was a step in the wrong direction, but in terms of controls he was the exact same as Snake (suffice he did a frothy little kartwheel instead of a manly Solid Snake somersault).
In terms of storyline I don't like not knowing what the **** is going on thats fo sho. 'the patriots have been dead for over 200 years!' DUN DUN DUNNNN. There goes the plot.

Best answers
Beh, I hate that everyone thinks playing as Raiden was a bad move. Playing as a weedy girl like guy made you realise just how cool Solid Snake was. I mean, I liked him in MGS1, but playing through MGS2 made him the coolest video game character ever.
Then again, I don't know what I'm talking about, I liked the MGS2 story line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, i quite liked the story line as well, but this...

Hitokiri said:
"Raiden... there's more to life than passing on your genes. . .We need to pass on our culture, our experiences, our. . ." STFU AND SNAP SOME NECKS. What does that have to do with ANYTHING? Stop trying to be so deep, you're Solid Snake!

Made me laugh. Too true, too true !

Best answers
yeah, Raiden was a mistake, after all, Solidus was supposed to be a genetical SUPER SOLDIER AND A NORMAL REGULAR GUY WHO LEARNED TO WIELD A SWORD 30 MIN BEFORE BEAT HIM!!!!! that doesn't sound very correct to me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It just got so far-fetched. I mean, genetical super-soldier? I can believe that. "Mega-man" powersuit? That's really stretching things. I mean, the guy had a rocket up his ass, it was just ridiculous. He took down a Metal Gear with a sub-machine gun. Maybe if they took out that massive speaker they installed to make their robots somehow sound like dinosaurs, they'd have room for a little AI, or maybe missiles with actual explosives in them. You can't cartwheel away from the explosion of a tomahawk missile, y'know?

And let's not forget Vamp: the foremost ridiculous and unbelievable character in the series. Cybernetic enhancements? Fine, Grey Fox. Super Suit? Alright, I believe you, Solidus. Magnetic field? Well that explains everything, Fortune.

I was even willing to accept Psycho Mantis' crazy psychic powers, because hey, psychic powers aren't THAT far fetched, right?

And then this guy comes in who leaps around like a ninja without any aid, drinks blood, throws magical knives, and survives sniper rifle rounds to the forehead. Apparently a bomb exploded in his church and he drank the blood of his dead parents to survive; I guess that gave him friggin' supernatural goth powers or something?

Wait! It doesn't stop there. We don't call him Vamp because of his super agility, his fangs, or his love of drinking blood. It's because he's bisexual (WTF?!). He was the lover of the Marine commander, Fortune's father (WTF?!)

Ocelot backstabs Gurlokavitch, Olga backstabs Solidus, Rose backstabs Raiden, Ocelot backstabs everybody, Campbell doesn't even exist, the oil clean-up facility is a giant robot carrier, the President is in on everything, and the whole bloody situation is a SIMULATION created by some higher power who's been dead for 200 years, in order to recreate Solid Snake, the ultimate soldier, who must be pretty pissed off at finding out all of this, but not enough to shave his godamn mullet and get into a game that makes sense.

*huff*

As you can see, I'm strongly opinionated on this game >_> Amazingly I still think it's a great game. Just not what I expected from the series. But seriously. How obscure can you get? They moved from a quasi-futuristic military action/drama, into this ridiculous THING with 10 too many super-conspiracies that attempts to bring in corny philosophical BS at the end about passing on your genes.

Best answers
so basically, MGS2 is just for fun, right? hey we're going a bit off-topic ya know... i've played Metal Gear for NES, only a bit but the story is very simple... for a remake, i think the story should be desenvolved... i hope Konami release them... it's just what ppl want, we don't want a card game (Metal Gear Acid...)!

Best answers
Well the more diverse the story line is in a Metal Gear, the more I like it. I absoloutely loved MGS2's story line, there were plenty of points that made you think, and it made it very cinematic. You mentioned the sword fight with Solidus at the end, well how else would you want it? You sniper him from a distance and that's it? If I wanted a super realistic story line and stealth gameplay, I'd go and play Splinter Cell.

Best answers
splinter cell doesn't have that "magic" MGS has... i mean, in a part the game gets cranked up and another damn stupid thing... how can meryl be a niece/daughter of a robot??? it just doesn't make sense...

Best answers
Campbell isn't a robot. It was a computer impersonating him, to get to Raiden. Snake and Campbell were good friends, proving that he does actually exist. Raiden never actually met Campbell, which shows how Raiden was tricked.

Best answers
still, that vamp thing is freaky... but that wasn't the topic ppl, the topic was and IS "MG and MG2 remakes, what do you think about it?" not "is MGS2 stupid?"
the remake can envolve 2 in 1, i mean, the 2 MG's can be compiled in 1 sonce the old games aren't that big (i think ^^)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom