A list?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, I'm wrong. There are a handful of players left, because what you did is what we all used to do, but I'm wrong. Learn from the past.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have. I used to be mean to everyone. Now I help anyone who asks after having read the manual (whether I refer them to it, and they read it then, or if they've already read it). There is no excuse for not reading the manual.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about not knowing there is a manual? The main site isn't even up anymore. How would a newcomer know where to obtain the manual? Do they deserve to be tossed out of the server or treated like a "retard" (because treating retards harshly is the way to go!) simply because they don't know something? Again, look at where ESF stands now. What you're doing doesn't work. That's the kind of elitism that destroys a community.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have a small decent community than a giant crappy one. That's how I see it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have a small crappy community. Beggars can't be choosers. When we have something closer to the small but thriving community we enjoyed in 1.1, everyone can be giant pricks and start the cycle towards self-destruction all over again. But for the sake of the game, just point people towards the manual, and leave it at that. There's no reason to make those "retards" not want to play the game ever again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I refuse, as when 1.3 is finished we will have more than enough of them to scare off anyway.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, they'll leave of their own volition.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think spirit bomb should be guided, like goku does to kid buu.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He doesnt guide it.

He just shoots energy into it. Like you shoot a beam into it after you launch it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a tendency of instantly seeking out whoever said "how do I transform?" and roll-exploiting them to death repeatedly until they leave the game forever. It's just a reflex, can't contol it - it's like when I hear emo music on the radio and have a sudden urge to kill people for allowing such crap to exist.
Avenger, what the ****? Doing things like that is the reason people quit the game. Personally, when I first started playing, I had no idea there was a tutorial. I asked questions like "How do you fly fast?". It wasn't because I was a retard. I didn't deserve to be hunted down to the point where I'd leave the game. It was because I can't magically know things, and neither can anyone else.

Someone was nice enough to show me ingame, and eventually I became good at the game, posted on the forums, and even had a server running for about a year or two. You're doing the game a big disfavor, man.

"I play(ed) a mod for a game called JKA - Lugormod, and it died because of an abundance of idiots."

The game died because there was a lot of people playing it? Really? Really, Avenger?

Long story short, that type of behavior is the reason ESF is currently dead. Congratulations. I'm trying hard not to flame you here, but come on man, what the ****.

--------------------------------

Anyways, in addition to an ingame tutorial, it'd be nice if we had a new hud, too. It should be pretty low on the priority list, but we've had the same hud for like 5 years now. Let's spice it up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I play(ed) a mod for a game called JKA - Lugormod, and it died because of an abundance of idiots."
abundance of idiots?

i played that mod as well and i searched for nearly 2 weeks and couldnt find a ****in' manual for the god damn mod. i really wouldnt call them idiots.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyways, in addition to an ingame tutorial, it'd be nice if we had a new hud, too. It should be pretty low on the priority list, but we've had the same hud for like 5 years now. Let's spice it up.
I'm currently workin on that >_< out of the 20 thousand times I've tried to redesign it and hated what I'd done, I'm actually getting somewhere this time. When I'm a little happier with it I'll post it for some opinions.

Nobody when they open the game up for the first time after downloading can expect what they're walking into with esf. 99.9% of the games ive played I've never read the instructions before first playing, because usually you can figure the controls out for yourself. A game like esf requires you to actually know some things before you join your first server, but you cant blame the nubs for not knowing this. You'd be surprised how much having an offensive gaming community can put off potential new players.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first time I played ESF, I hated it. I didn't pick it up again until about three months later. It's hard to like a game when you have no idea what you're doing and no one will teach you.

1.0's manual was not common knowledge. I didn't find out about it until after 1.1 was released.

Anyways, i'm glad to hear your making a new hud Dave. Your stuff is always awesome so keep on chugging

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
abundance of idiots?

i played that mod as well and i searched for nearly 2 weeks and couldnt find a ****in' manual for the god damn mod. i really wouldnt call them idiots.
I don't mind you commenting on one of my favourite games, but when you lie, it upsets me. Please be quiet regarding a mod you've obviously never even played.

Go Davidskiwan! \m/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind you commenting on one of my favourite games, but when you lie, it upsets me. Please be quiet regarding a mod you've obviously never even played
oh im sorry, "3 days". im sorry for over emphasizing my point. i have played it, so please be quiet. not even regarding anything, just dont talk. lugormod got boring after the ammount of credits needed to level up got past 5000. so, of course, i just went on to ja+ again.

as for the manual, i needed to get in-game and bug others until they gave me the commands to play the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...There's a single command, called \help that gives you access to all commands. It's always listed in the MOTD or on buttons ingame. You fail.

If you had other problems, if you go to google and type in "lugormod", you'll find the Lugormod forums as the first hit. Good searching there. Shush. Ja+ is for noobs. At least go Base if you want to pretend you're any good.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, every server i went too didnt have a help command that was actually, well, helpful

base sucks my already divine balls. if i wanted to jump around alot id go play spider-man or dust off my pogo stick. i actually like saber dueling, and dueling includes parrying and blocking. something that can barely be used in base.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Once me and a kat named Knightm@re installed JKA to see what it's like online, and we dominated every server, joined 3 clans and then uninstalled the game. All in the same day.

So since my experience with JKA was laughable, I suggest we stop talking about it and address, you know, the original post or talk about how awesome I am and how you all wish you could be either my friends or my lovers, because you would never actually dare to pretend you're me. No one is good enough to pretend to be me.

See what I did? I side tracked your mini-conversation.

Anything posted in this thread is meaningless until we get that updated list of **** found in 1.3 that Imkongkong promised us.

Best answers
I think the remainder of the community should put together a proper list of what they would in common like to be implemented - so we can compare what the developers and the community wants, and possibly strike out some of the things. In my opinion, it seems like the developers are out of touch with its player-base, and are under the impression that most of us are ignorant [insert docile and lesser intelligent being here] and that we should just watch as 1.3 "blossoms".
From inspecting kongs list and ther reactions on the forum, I think part of the problem is that players don't read the design docs, and don't read the change lists or play the inteam very thorough. A lot of stuff people ***** about is already fixed.

For example:
Forget double tapping for the swoop, that just brings in scriptors. Forget the way that swooping works in 1.3, that’s broken beyond belief. Keep it simple. Make a swoop button. You press this button (or hold it, w/e), you start to swoop. You press the button again (or let go..), you stop the swoop.
Being fixed.

Advanced melee is completely messed up, something else needs to replace it or it needs to be taken out of the game entirely. DDR doesn’t have a place in ESF.
We know, that's why we're designing a new system.

I’d personally like the teleport delay removed, but if you guys don’t want to remove that due to scripters (I don’t really get the logic in that, btw. People just replaced the teleport script with a swoop script now), then you could at least remove the teleport delay of the first teleport you do. There is no point in having a teleport delay on the first teleport
There is no teleport delay in the open beta. Chain teleporting beyond a certain rate does cost more stamina though.

SSJ is ridiculously unbalanced. The current problem is that upon transforming, you gain twice the speed, ki, PL, plus you get more attacks. Traveling twice the speed at half the ki cost removes the entire aspect of ki management from the game. I’m pretty sure that this is already being done, but make SSJ drain ki.
SSJ does drain ki... You can tweak the speed and ki efficiency of all characters and their classes with cvars in the inteam. Ready asked for input, but noone bothered.

Truth be told, the issue of PL all together is unfair. You're rewarding the good players by making the game easier for them. If there is one pro on a server (which is usually the case), he can get enough of a PL advantage that anyone dies in one sequence of hits (for example, three simple melee hits + Yellow beam = death). The entire server is essentially at the discretion of the one pro in the server. If he wants to beamspam, everyone in the server will die, a lot.
Well, that's why we already have pl gain on death and a system that makes you gain more pl by hitting stronger players. In the open beta there is a limit on beam radius to prevent spammage. Because a transformation is now a pl bonus rather than a multiplier, extreme pl differences should be less occuring.

Turn radar on by default. Keep the radar simple, too. Only have one radar mode, something like this would be awesome. http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6282/es...1152x8646og.jpg
I know the mouse over thing where the name / powerlevel appears on the player himself in 1.3, but personally, that’s annoying. Put it off to the side where it won’t distract anyone.
Radar is on by default, picture doesn't work.

No holds bar, we need an ingame tutorial.
Ingame tutorial is on the outline...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom